PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I would love to see the Pats trade for FB Marcel Reece

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheenix11

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Develin is done for the year so there is a need. This guy is incredibly talented. Can block, has some speed for a FB and he's excellent catching the ball out of the backfield. He's spent his career wasting away in Oakland who have never figured out how to utilize his talents. I've always thought he would be an ideal swiss army knife type of player that Belichick would have a field day with. He's 6' 1", 250 and an absolute beast.

Probably never happen, but I just wanted to put the thought out there into the ether. I've always liked him as a player and he's one of those guys who you watch and just think, damn if only Belichick had this guy, he'd know what to do with him.

This guy sounds pretty good! But I think trading for a cornerback is a little more important, considering the lack of depth and talent at that position.

P.S. I love your 16-0 prediction in your signature! Go Pats!!

No question that hes more than decent.Just not sure how big of a need it is.

The thing about Develin is that he backed up the TE spot as well and would even split out wide. Clearly that is not a strength of his but the point is that he knew the offense very well.

This team made a flurry of moves in late Oct of last year. Ayers, Castillo, etc

I just envision Dion & this guy in the backfield, Gronk & Chandler at TE and Edelman at WR in a 22 personnel set in the red zone.

Teams would have absolutely no answer. No idea whether a run or pass was coming or who was getting the ball.

A guy can always dream right?

I've really like Reece for a while, and I think that Oakland has severely underutilized his receiving abilities down the field. I'm not sure why they pay big money to a fullback who was a college WR but don't make the most of that skill set.

My concern would be that Reece is under contract through 2016 and therefore he's not a partial-season rental that the Raiders are going to trade away cheap. I also don't know if even a very good fullback is worth $2.65M next season when they should be able to sign Develin for significantly less than that (I assume near minimum). It'd be hard to find agreement on trade value when Oakland would definitely be keeping him in 2016 but the Pats might not be.

No question that hes more than decent.Just not sure how big of a need it is.

The thing about Develin is that he backed up the TE spot as well and would even split out wide. Clearly that is not a strength of his but the point is that he knew the offense very well.

This team made a flurry of moves in late Oct of last year. Ayers, Castillo, etc
FB is definitely a need, but I can't say that it's a bigger need than CB for depth purposes. We haven't had a run first gameplan yet this season but I'm sure we'll miss Devlin's blocking. The question is what should the Pats give up for a guy like Reece?

FB is definitely a need, but I can't say that it's a bigger need than CB for depth purposes. We haven't had a run first gameplan yet this season but I'm sure we'll miss Devlin's blocking. The question is what should the Pats give up for a guy like Reece?

If only the Pats still had Jordan Devey. :p

Good question.

I agree CB is a higher priority.

I think they can get by with Hooman at FB.

Reece can block, catch and run. He has all the tools.

Hes scheduled to make $2.5m and collect a $880k bonus in 2016

He gets $156k a game check in 2015.

Thats expensive for a FB in this offense. Could be good insurance if Blount gets hurt.

Mid/low round pick?

Is he worth that in this offense?

Sounds good to me. We should send them our 4th in 2017 to get him. Oh, wait.....

Perhaps a less expensive option would be Henry Hinoski. I think he's available. Besides IIRC he was Deion Lewis's FB at Pit.

I think it would be hard to find a point to where Pats wouldn't be giving up too much and the Raiders would be getting enough for this actually to get done

I just envision Dion & this guy in the backfield, Gronk & Chandler at TE and Edelman at WR in a 22 personnel set in the red zone.

Teams would have absolutely no answer. No idea whether a run or pass was coming or who was getting the ball.

A guy can always dream right?

Dream of WHAT??????

The team just won the freaking Super Bowl, is 2-0 and and this year's offense is already drawing comparisons to 2007.....and that's BEFORE LaFell, Stork and Wendell return to active.

The 4 TE's are a much better developing story - - watch out for that Mike Williams, btw.

Why give up something in a trade?

Your point is somewhat Grigson-esque/Fantasy Football. The Offense is LOADED. We have issues on Defense.

A 3rd CB, please.

Would have been nice to have in a couple 4th and 1 situations recently.

Dream of WHAT??????

The team just won the freaking Super Bowl, is 2-0 and and this year's offense is already drawing comparisons to 2007.....and that's BEFORE LaFell, Stork and Wendell return to active.

The 4 TE's are a much better developing story - - watch out for that Mike Williams, btw.

Why give up something in a trade?

Your point is somewhat Grigson-esque/Fantasy Football. The Offense is LOADED. We have issues on Defense.

A 3rd CB, please.

Dude relax, I was just making an observation on a player who I have always liked and who has never seen his full potential realized because of the inept franchise he's on. I didn't say they should run out and do it, just something I've always wondered about because of Belichick's ability to find the perfect role for everyone.

Calling me Grigson-esque should be grounds for banning on this board.

Dude relax, I was just making an observation on a player who I have always liked and who has never seen his full potential realized because of the inept franchise he's on. I didn't say they should run out and do it, just something I've always wondered about because of Belichick's ability to find the perfect role for everyone.

Calling me Grigson-esque should be grounds for banning on this board.

"Your point is somewhat Grigson-esque/Fantasy Football."

What word in that sentence did you NOT understand? (I'll spot you the P-O-I and N)

"Your point is somewhat Grigson-esque/Fantasy Football."

What word in that sentence did you NOT understand? (I'll spot you the P-O-I and N)

Calling my mother names would have been a lesser offense than referring to me or any of my points as Grigson-esque. I don't know how that name even gets by the expletive filters on here.

If this were the Victorian era I would slap you with a white glove and challenge you to a duel for disgracing my honor.

Calling my mother names would have been a lesser offense than referring to me or any of my points as Grigson-esque. I don't know how that name even gets by the expletive filters on here.

LOL, I'll talk to Ian about it.

Good call, I would love him on the Pats, because the Pats are a team that actually know how to integrate players with unusual skillsets. He's been criminally underutilized in Oakland.

I'd rather see a move made for him in the offseason, because his greatest strength would be in his versatility and ability to line up all over the place, and he'd need to have a pretty strong handle on the offense to really be able to do that.

Perhaps a less expensive option would be Henry Hinoski. I think he's available. Besides IIRC he was Deion Lewis's FB at Pit.

The Hynocerus. :)

FB is a fringe position in this offense and on this roster. I'm more worried about bolstering our secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back