PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: How long have replica jerseys been $84?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a gronk jersey and a replica is $84...WTF i thought they were always 75 or $79 at the most

Looking for a gronk jersey and a replica is $84...WTF i thought they were always 75 or $79 at the most

To be quite honest, I have stopped buying jerseys from ah.. authorized outlets.

It's quite the rip off, and the quality isn't that great compared to the 'alternatives' if know where to look.

(Especially if those alternatives are the on-field replicas - the stitched letter kind. I can get three of those for the price of the ironed on kind they sell in stores)

Last edited:
Modells has a ton of Woodhead jerseys for $50 right now. Having 15 catches will do that to you I guess.

My 7 year-old grand-daughter loves Danny Woodhead (she says it's because he's the same height as she is). I looked everywhere for a child's replica jersey that was "reasonable." The cheapest I could find was $50 for a child's medium (10-12) at Bob's Store. I decided to purchase it about a month ago with a 30% off coupon, but when I got to the counter I was told that NFL replica jerseys are "premium value" items and coupons can't be applied to them. I told them to keep it. I finally got 3 $10 rewards coupons which I could use and finally got the jersey last week-end for $20. The NFL spares no prisoners.

I don't know about buying them from non-authorized outlets, as I'm sure it's just like anything else, some good and some bad; but I do agree with Doc that buying the stitched letter replica is the way to go. The quality is so much better with the stitched lettering, and you can find some that aren't too bad in price.

Those iron-on ones just look cheap to me, and the difference in the price isn't too bad.

It's quite the rip off, and the quality isn't that great compared to the 'alternatives' if know where to look.

(Especially if those alternatives are the on-field replicas - the stitched letter kind. I can get three of those for the price of the ironed on kind they sell in stores)

Last edited:
The problem with the authentics is that they are simply too big- same thing with the premiers.

$84 is pretty bad for a replica, since back in 95 I bought an authentic Bledsoe for $100. And I cringe to think of what Nike will make the prices next year when they take over the contract.

I think I read somewhere that the league raised the prices during the lockout and was somewhat of a minor controversy that they would raise prices during a labor stoppage. The league said that they didn't have any control of this and the manufacturers raised the cost.

Try eBay. I got an onfield authentic (stitched on letters and name plate, as well as the field sizing 52 instead of XL) Gronk Away Jersey for 70 bucks. They go for like $250 on nflshop.com

PS: and before anyone asks had my dad (who works at Reebok/Rockport) run it by the NFL guys at Canton HQ to confirm it is real merchandise.

I got an authentic Brady jersey some 5 years ago, it cost me like 179, may have been less because it was during the offseason. But wow those replicas have gone up, they were like $65 when I got the Brady one.

I've bought a LOT of Patriots merchandise through ebay over the years and never had any problem with any of it. Look at the feedback ratings and locations of the folks selling the stuff, as those will tell you a great deal about the honesty of the sellers.

However, I've never been burned through ebay and I've gotten some excellent deals that way.

Just go to eBay or compare prices at Amazon. Paying retail for Pats gear at a store is for rich folks.

Yea like everyone else said ebay has good deals. I bought a knockoff authentic jersey for 50 bucks and it was almost perfect except the numbers are really hard it feels like they are made of kevlar haha

Me too.

Funny story (well, I thought it was funny, but I was drunk at the time)

The first day I was wearing my brand new Jerod Mayo jersey, the waiteress at the bar tripped and splattered quite a bit of mustard onto my jersey. Even though it stained the brand new jersey, I wasn't mad cause I had only sent $25 for it. Had I spent $80 or more like some folks then I would have been pissed. I got some free beers because of it and joked with her that if you are going to spill condements on this jersey it should be MAYO NOT mustard.

I'll mention eBAY as well. I'm lucky though as I can easily fit into youth XL jerseys which ends up saving me lots of $$$. I got a youth XL Gronk jersey last year for a mere $40.

That being said, it's really important to check the sellers feedback ratings.

Last edited:
I'll mention eBAY as well. I'm lucky though as I can easily fit into youth XL jerseys which ends up saving me lots of $$$. I got a youth XL Gronk jersey last year for a mere $40.

That being said, it's really important to check the sellers feedback ratings.

Then again, there's still some questionable stuff on there.

As an example, if you search for GRONK on Ebay right now, this turns up:

$(KGrHqJ,!pgE7Bcvh2mHBO4DYzlskQ~~60_12.JPG

Notice any problems with that jersey?

Last edited:
Then again, there's still some questionable stuff on there.

As an example, if you search for GRONK on Ebay right now, this turns up:

$(KGrHqJ,!pgE7Bcvh2mHBO4DYzlskQ~~60_12.JPG

Notice any problems with that jersey?

No whats wrong with it?

Look at the 7 on that jersey vs. the 7s on the Nate Solder pic at the top of the page.

Oh yea your right, also the numbers are too far apart fron the shoulder stripe on the authentic jerseys, look at the game jerseys that they wear and you can see that there is barely a half inch in between the number on the shoulder and the stripe. But the authentic ones have too much space in between

Look at the 7 on that jersey vs. the 7s on the Nate Solder pic at the top of the page.

Also, like most knock offs, the numbers appear "poofy". I've seen some on Ebay that are very good quality though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes