PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Hernandez indicted in double Homicide back in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hernandez 2012-13 touchdowns scored – 5
Hernandez 2012-13 people shot – 5
Lucky I guess AHern had an off year and not a Gronk-like record setting season.

Has this ever been explained.....the Toyota 4Runner SUV that was loaned to AHern for free by a Rhode Island car dealer, the very same car that was found hidden in a garage in Bristol 2 years later....What has this car dealer said about what happened to their vehicle? Was it reported stolen? Was some kind of cash arrangement made under the table two years ago that satisfied the dealership and eliminated any paper trail that might lead to AHern.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression AHern was on the police's radar for this Boston shooting from the very beginning. The police also knew the vehicle type immediately....so if the car dealer reported a stolen SUV that was last driven by AHern, connecting the dots shouldn't have been all that complicated.

Somehow I missed this. I'd also love to know the answers to these questions. It seems this should have led to The Prisoner's door much sooner. I'd love to know what the car dealer's story is. Maybe AH simply purchased the car which would not make the dealer suspicious or complicit.

It's funny that in both murders, rental cars figure prominently in the evidence trail. What a moron.

Have they released the documents associated with the 2012 murders indictment?

So have they established that AH is in a gang or not? I guess they haven't figured out all the tattoos? Maybe he is just running his own crew. It just seems strange to me that Urban Meyer didn't know anything about this sort of thing

It's funny that in both murders, rental cars figure prominently in the evidence trail. What a moron.

iyq3cg.jpg

Has this ever been explained.....the Toyota 4Runner SUV that was loaned to AHern for free by a Rhode Island car dealer, the very same car that was found hidden in a garage in Bristol 2 years later....What has this car dealer said about what happened to their vehicle? Was it reported stolen? Was some kind of cash arrangement made under the table two years ago that satisfied the dealership and eliminated any paper trail that might lead to AHern.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression AHern was on the police's radar for this Boston shooting from the very beginning. The police also knew the vehicle type immediately....so if the car dealer reported a stolen SUV that was last driven by AHern, connecting the dots shouldn't have been all that complicated.
Funny thing is if Hernandez had just returned the car there would have been a huge piece of evidence missing from this case. I do not think it was a loaner I think it was given to him with the intent that he would drive it and promote the dealership. I do know that the DA mentioned that he failed to bring the SUV in for schedule maintenance despite numerous attempts by the dealer to contact him. Hernandez also expressed interest in buying the car back in October of 2012 according to the DA.

They did not report it stolen likely because he was bull ****ting them being such as I am too busy with football, etc. to bring it in but I am promoting it.

I do not think he was on the radar at all though, I think that he did it and was free in clear except his homies kept running their mouths, his attempt to shut them up is what did him in.

Somehow I missed this. I'd also love to know the answers to these questions. It seems this should have led to The Prisoner's door much sooner. I'd love to know what the car dealer's story is. Maybe AH simply purchased the car which would not make the dealer suspicious or complicit.

I do not think they had a plate # at the time; I think they had a make and model. It seems unlikely that they would connect Hernandez to the shooting, in fact he did a very good job keeping it low key, a millionaire football player driving a 2006 Toyota 4runner in 2012, that is a $30K SUV brand new, that one was six years old at the time. Even the Nissan Altima he was driving the night he killed Lloyd, once again a low key car, not what you would associate with a person who makes $8M a year on average. Had they gotten the plate # maybe they would have tied it to Hernandez but even then, I am not so sure, the funny thing is that him committing that double homicide seems so unbelievable that it probably would have never been tied to him without the Lloyd situation.

I have been saying since Alexander Bradley was arrested the night of the super bowl that Hernandez was going to be screwed. Bradley was facing heavy charges for that shooting and looking at probably a ten year bid, but he had a huge card to play and that card happened to be a person who shot him in the face and left him for dead the year before.

Interesting chain of events –

- 2/1/14 the DA determines Carlos Ortiz is not a creditable witness, at this time Hernandez case is looking beatable or at least improved.
- 2/8/14 Alexander Bradley is arrested for a shooting in CT.
- 5/8/14 Alexander Bradley has his bail reduced from $1M to $451K
- 5/17/14 Aaron Hernandez is indicted.

So have they established that AH is in a gang or not? I guess they haven't figured out all the tattoos? Maybe he is just running his own crew. It just seems strange to me that Urban Meyer didn't know anything about this sort of thing

At this point I think it's pretty clear he is a psychopath like those from discovery channel show "Most Evil". They are collecting anything they can just in case it seems to me. Actually, even it has a gang connection, since he did shot in the face his former partner, there must be a feeling regarding the gang members like "poor guys, they didn't know the risk they were taking waling around with Aaron".

I think the gangs are refusing to recognize him as a member because he is an embarrassment as a criminal.

Why would you think Urban Meyer not knowing was strange, and not feel the same way about Belichick and the Patriots?

If I am reading this correctly then the Patriots won't get credit for what they paid him, only what they manage to recoup from him, and if that is more than a dollar I will be surprised. I am guessing he will get rid of every dime of that, mostly on lawyers, before they have any shot at it.

I fully expect them to be able to add $1 to their 2019 cap space.

Read a little further - remember, there's still money that the Pats have yet to pay Hernandez, and it sounds like this means that they won't be compelled to. That's $3.25 million right there that I would love to see get thrown into a McCourty/Solder extension.

Read a little further - remember, there's still money that the Pats have yet to pay Hernandez, and it sounds like this means that they won't be compelled to. That's $3.25 million right there that I would love to see get thrown into a McCourty/Solder extension.

Dream on
As Miguel has said it will be years before the NFL rules on this and it gets applied to the next year's cap.

This actually makes so much more sense to me than it did before I found out that the Rental Agency was giving it to him for free, for the life of me the idea that he was renting it that entire time and they never checked up on it in any way made no sense to me. The owner must have struck some deal with him to have it as long as he wanted and that wasn't on the books.

...It just seems strange to me that Urban Meyer didn't know anything about this sort of thing

Doesn't seem strange to me at all; he simply didn't want to know about non-football activity.

The prosecutor somewhat addressed what the car dealer said in the arraignment. Paraphrasing the prosecutor said that the dealership asked Hernandez to switch out the SUV and get a newer loaner model. Hernandez at first ignored the dealership. Later, Hernandez actually called the dealership and looked into buying it even though the dealer would let him borrow a better model for free and the car was gathering dust in his cousin's garage. Hernandez's statements to the dealership are all admissible and the prosecutor will argue his actions with the SUV showed a consciousness of guilt. From what I can tell the dealer had no way to know the car was used in a crime. If the dealer believed letting Hernandez drive his car generated sales then why rock the boat? I would expect the dealer to be a significant witness at the eventual trial.

Dream on
As Miguel has said it will be years before the NFL rules on this and it gets applied to the next year's cap.

I have adamantly believed in the inevitability of far less likely things.

This actually makes so much more sense to me than it did before I found out that the Rental Agency was giving it to him for free, for the life of me the idea that he was renting it that entire time and they never checked up on it in any way made no sense to me. The owner must have struck some deal with him to have it as long as he wanted and that wasn't on the books.

From what I understand, the dealership had made a deal with him in exchange for a couple of public appearances etc. This occurred in the later spring (IIRC). When an unreasonable amount of time went by, the dealership began pursuing it through calls to Hernandez, which were unsuccessful.

I think they finally tracked down his agent, or one of his agents--who passed on the message to Hernandez. My assumption is that they probably weren't all that worried due to who he was, and the fact that he couldn't have gotten too far.

@supafly Ok, I see where the conversation was going now. Sorry, I didn't read far enough back I guess. You seem to know legal stuff, so let me ask: When is all of this going to go to trial? Not this double homicide, but the Lloyd case? You'd think a high profile case like this, they'd like to get it over with. Or is it a matter of the defense dragging their feet because they are getting paid $XXX per hour/day/ect?

I'm not an attorney blackglass3, but I have a decent amount of schooling in the subject as I'm working on my 3rd criminal justice/forensics degree at the moment. Believe me, just like anything else, I am certainly wrong a lot too (just ask my wife ;) ).

To answer your question---I think the process is going to take awhile due to the complexities of the 2 cases, the fact that they were linked with many of the same players, witnesses, etc. The defense is the side who are going to drag their heels because they are going to want to try and get evidence and testimony thrown out, which will take some time due to the scheduling of the different dates, appearances, etc. On top of that, they have to go through all of the mountains of evidence that the prosecution has, which is reported to be over 50 DVD's that have interviews, camera footage from the night, and questioning of witnesses on them. I would imagine that is doubled due to the fact that there are 2 cases, so there is likely a massive amount of paperwork, testimony, camera footage, etc.

The fact that you bring up re: the billable hourly rate isn't probably "the" main reason, but I would imagine that the defense attorneys and all of their expert witness aren't too mad just the same ;)

Thanks all for clearing up my questions regarding the rental car.
More questions for the board: Since it seems reasonable to conclude that Alexander Bradley has become a key witness against Hernandez, I'm curious why police in Florida didn't pursue charges against AHern despite Bradley's unwillingness to press charges for getting his face shot off? Since when does discharging a firearm into another' s face become a discretionary call by the DA and or the police?
And I pulled this off a blog following all the AHern legal issues...
""
Civil Suits

• The shooting of Alexander Bradley in 2013. Bradley alleges that Hernandez shot him in the face after an argument at Tootsie’s club in Miami, Florida. Bradley is seeking at least $100,000.00 for various surgeries, pains, and injuries stemming from the shooting. This litigation is presumably halted until Hernandez completes his murder defenses.""
So my question....who "halted" this litigation? Waiting for a murder verdict certainly helps the civil suit, but the money may dry up by the time this is all over. Imagine tomorrow we read that the civil case initiated by Bradley against AHern was settled. Then maybe....all of a sudden... Bradley becomes a less cooperative witness. And if a statute exists that prevents civil action while a criminal trial is on going, maybe the settlement occurs off the books and the civil case gets dropped. Are AHern's assets frozen eliminating such a cash layout? Regardless....Any settlement won't deter the authorities from putting the squeeze on Bradley, and Bradley appears to be the living breathing link to AHerns world. But lets just say too many insiders who also face their own legal issues in this case have either clammed up, changed stories, been shot, or have been found dead....so who knows what kind of testimony Bradley winds up giving on the stand.
How Freakin Whacked is this entire saga.
AHern should have paid this guy off from the get go....or been a better shot. Think Bradley is walking around his cell block looking for lion tatoos? Unless he has one.

Last edited:
From what I understand, the dealership had made a deal with him in exchange for a couple of public appearances etc. This occurred in the later spring (IIRC). When an unreasonable amount of time went by, the dealership began pursuing it through calls to Hernandez, which were unsuccessful.

I think they finally tracked down his agent, or one of his agents--who passed on the message to Hernandez. My assumption is that they probably weren't all that worried due to who he was, and the fact that he couldn't have gotten too far.
I think it is suspicious any time a person making $8M per season fails to return a 7-year-old SUV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST