PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
But..........We get to keep the Swingline stapler, right?
upload_2017-8-1_8-36-55.png

Hah hah!! Thank you, Brothers, for chiming in, and especially to those'f you with kind, or funny, or kind'f funny Commentary!! :D

Hopefully, the 2018 Draft Year will be the first one in Years in which I have the pleasure of sharing the Journey with y'all in Real Time, not afterwards!!

Hopefully!!

Hah hah!! Thank you, Brothers, for chiming in, and especially to those'f you with kind, or funny, or kind'f funny Commentary!! :D

Hopefully, the 2018 Draft Year will be the first one in Years in which I have the pleasure of sharing the Journey with y'all in Real Time, not afterwards!!

Hopefully!!
Sounds good. You better get to work on it now!

A very enjoyable read. I myself like the Cooks trade. We saw more teams going man against the Pats late last year and some (Houston) had success with it. I think Belichick got Cooks to exploit man coverage. If he gets 1 on 1 coverage their will be a lot of long bombs this year. He'll need safety over the top which will give Gronk more 1 on 1 looks which he'll destroy. It's adds an extra element to the O that will make opposing coaches lose lots of sleep trying to figure out how to contain us

Hopefully!!

OTG, check out my post in the Backdraft thread in the Draft forum.
Warning: it's a long one.

A bit unconventional? Sure, but your analysis is always appreciated. Thanks for the time and effort in helping to educate us earthlings. I consider you one of the go-tos regarding upcoming prospects, and am always interested in reading your opinion.

Also was a big fan of CB King, who I thought would go a bit higher.

As a Buckeye fan, I'm a bit surprised to see your 1st round grade on WR Noah Brown, but I don't question your madness.

Hopefully!!

Sounds good. You better get to work on it now!

A very enjoyable read. I myself like the Cooks trade. We saw more teams going man against the Pats late last year and some (Houston) had success with it. I think Belichick got Cooks to exploit man coverage. If he gets 1 on 1 coverage their will be a lot of long bombs this year. He'll need safety over the top which will give Gronk more 1 on 1 looks which he'll destroy. It's adds an extra element to the O that will make opposing coaches lose lots of sleep trying to figure out how to contain us

01 ~ Hell, I'm not done with the 2017 Draft!! Many Reports to come, belated tho they be!!

02 ~ Bro, you don't need to sell me on Brandin Cooks. I wrote'm up as an underrated SuperBeast before he got drafted, and I certainly stand by that Scouting Report, as he's done nothing but prove me right, ever since.

But it doesn't necessarily follow that acquiring his Services for Free is a smart Move, because the Snaps that he gets in Practice and in Live Play play to the Detriment of the Development of Malcolm Mitchell and Christopher Hogan, who both bring equal and arguably better Talent to the Field of Battle.

And while he's relatively Cheap for the next Year or two, he'll certainly get Mint from 2019 and beyond...Money which might be spent elsewhere.

Above it all, though, is the horrific Fail of trading a 1st Rounder for'm.

Terrell Pryor, a genuine Split End, we could've got for Free.

Oy.

Terrell Pryor, a genuine Split End, we could've got for Free.

In fact, I'm going to append this to SuperBeast, Version 8.0: Sign Terrell Pryor!!

He took 1 Year with the RedSkins for $6,000, 000 plus Incentives. I think that I could've convinced'm ~ I'm a very charming Fellow, you know. ;) ~ to latch on for 4 Years and $30,000,000, which is about half of what I believe he'll prove to be worth!!

Pryor is really a Flex End, not a Split End, at 6045/240...but at a 442 40, he can play Split End or Flanker all day long. He is a physical and cerebral Freak, and my Money is on him erupting, and becoming one'f the most destructive WideOut in all the Land!!

I'll work out the Details, later, which'll almost certainly involve reconfiguring Version 8.0 to back off of drafting all those Flankers ~ for a guy who doesn't place too much Value on WideOuts, I'm currently tracking to have 7 Uncuttables plus Amendola!! ~ which in turn'd allow me to draft Offensive Guard Dorian Johnson!!

I also liked Dorian Johnson as a nice Plan B at #96 if Tony Garcia was already gone by then (because I wouldn't have traded up for him).

What Bill should've done was:

Sign Terrelle Pryor (and re-sign Jabaal Sheard);

Fuhgeddabout the (only) 2 cost-controlled years of Brandon Cooks; if he wasn't happy with his targets in NO, how in the world is he going to be happy with his targets here?

With the 1st-rounder (#32) saved, draft either Ryan Ramczyk/Dion Dawkins or CB / FS / SS / OLB Obi Melifonwu;

Don't trade back from #72, and use it to draft DE Jordan Willis (aka the bigger, better Derek Rivers);

Don't trade up from #96, and use it to draft either: one of the following DBs (if Ramczyk/Dawkins was the pick at #32) - Cordrea Tankersley, Rasul Douglas, Desmond King, Howard Wilson - or draft Garcia/Johnson (if Melifonwu was the pick);

With the 3rd-rounder (#103) saved, draft WR (and Michigan alum) Amara Darboh, or Dorian Johnson if not already taken at #96 and even if #32 was used on an OLman, or RB Samaje Perine (though the signing of Mike Gillislee makes that alternative not practicable;

And don't trade #137 for Dwops Allen & his bloated salary, and instead use it to draft either TE Jake Butt or TE George Kittle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3