Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT:Gruden admits injury report shenanigans

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

funny ..everyone does it but its only BB who gets called out all the time

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  2. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I do think the injury report is a joke. But the way that that's worded struck me kind of strange, it says:

"Gruden said that he never intended to let Garcia play in either of the two games he has missed since suffering the injury."

That doesn't say Garcia couldn't go, it just said that Gruden wouldn't have let him. Maybe it's one of those "if it were a playoff game he'd play" type deals. So perhaps physically he was 50/50 but Gruden didn't want to risk it and hold him for the playoffs.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  3. Pass_The_Rum

Pass_The_Rum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For what it's worth, Garcia doesn't look like he's unable to play when they show him, so I think the "if it were a big game" thing is true. On the other hand, Bucs-Saints was a big game...

ahh well, the injury report system is iffy. Didn't Belichick say something about not being a doctor, or whatever? That goes for the other coaches, too.
  4. JoePats

JoePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

As for the wagering thing, people could have knowledge to wager money on the counterfeit spread against the Saints too, and Tampa won.
  5. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Does this not give TB a "competetive advantage" over their opposing teams? If so then I would expect the Commish to come down hard on them since there have been warnings and dare I say maybe a memo on this. Oh wait this one will be excused by the "everyone does it" reasoning, just like signal stealing....oh wait someone was punished for the signal stealing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.