PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Derek Wolfe goes down at Broncos practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
From his paragraph, I took his comment to be about the Steelers.
Whoops, my mistake. Should've read more into the original post.

In that case, yeah I definitely don't see why Pittsburgh can't hover around the 11-12 win mark. Outside of us, they're the only other team I see as a lock for the playoffs in the AFC.

Nothing personal, but I'm not saddened by this news. Not wishing it on him ahead of time, but not losing any sleep over it. Being a Pats fan in this century has been like being under siege. No one on other teams feels badly when our guys get hurt, and I'm just returning the favor. Screw'em.

I hope its nothing trivial.
My feeling exactly. I'm constantly reading messages on this site decrying the high incidence of "political correctness" among posters. Only my opinion, but the "I always feel bad when I see an opponent injured" crew epitomizes that political correctness. It's largely BS, or should be. Once again, just my take.

It's not political correctness. It's empathy. Donkeys can go 0-16 and I'll sleep happy at night but I won't be cheering for players to get injured nor will I celebrate the injured.

Exactly. Fact is, any of those players could be wearing our laundry and our attitude toward them would immediately make a 180 degree turn. I want our guys to beat the best of their guys and be the undisputed champions without built-in excuses. And I think our team grows stronger when it plays stronger opposition. I'll never cheer for injuries to anyone or be happy about them.

They are saying the MRI came back clean and the injury is "minor."

My feeling exactly. I'm constantly reading messages on this site decrying the high incidence of "political correctness" among posters. Only my opinion, but the "I always feel bad when I see an opponent injured" crew epitomizes that political correctness. It's largely BS, or should be. Once again, just my take.

To be clear, I'm only happy when good players are injured.

Why on Earth not?

Well first because that's a pretty difficult achievement for any team that doesn't have Tom Brady, Peyton Manning (prime) or Aaron Rodgers (and a healthy Packers) under center, and even for those. The Pats are always there because of their level of excellence provided by Brady and Belichick and because they play in a weak division.

Then..

- Martavis Bryant out for the year.
- Le'veon Bell out 4 games.
- They play in a tough division.
- Their defense was a joke last year.
- Mike Tomlin is good to lose one or two games purely on coaching.
- Big Ben always misses games, I know this is a random factor to account for but when it comes to Big Ben I think we can establish this as a pattern. Count at least 2 games.

So the way I see they are not a 12-4 team because they usually are not and this year I see no reason for them to make that jump. They are still good though, I see them more as a 10-6 team and obviously they can luck out in some close games and get the W. So it's not impossible obviously, I just don't see them there right now.

It's just a scratch!

65259603.jpg

Well first because that's a pretty difficult achievement for any team that doesn't have Tom Brady, Peyton Manning (prime) or Aaron Rodgers (and a healthy Packers) under center, and even for those. The Pats are always there because of their level of excellence provided by Brady and Belichick and because they play in a weak division.

Then..

- Martavis Bryant out for the year.
- Le'veon Bell out 4 games.
- They play in a tough division.
- Their defense was a joke last year.
- Mike Tomlin is good to lose one or two games purely on coaching.
- Big Ben always misses games, I know this is a random factor to account for but when it comes to Big Ben I think we can establish this as a pattern. Count at least 2 games.

So the way I see they are not a 12-4 team because they usually are not and this year I see no reason for them to make that jump. They are still good though, I see them more as a 10-6 team and obviously they can luck out in some close games and get the W. So it's not impossible obviously, I just don't see them there right now.

1. Their defense was very young last year. They've gained experience. Shazier and Tuitt, in particular, should be improved this season. They also addressed their weak defensive secondary with their first two picks.
  2. Bell missed 10 games last year. If he only misses 4, that puts Pitt way ahead of the game. He'll essentially be switching with Bryant, who played 11 games last season. And it's not as if they weren't pretty well set at WR before losing Bryant.
  3. Roethlisberger has played a full 16 game slate in 2 of the past 3 seasons.
  4. In the past 8 seasons, they've won 12 games 3 times and 11 games once. So, they've won 11+ games half the time of late.
  5. Tomlin? Come on with that nonsense.
  6. Their schedule puts them against the AFC East and the NFC East this year, with the Chiefs and Colts being the two out of division games. That's not exactly a murderer's row of a schedule. Not only that, but...
The tough teams are mostly home games:

Chiefs
Patriots
Cowboys
Giants
Jets

compared to the road matchups:

Redskins
Eagles
Dolphins
Colts
Bills

One you missed, IMO is Miller retiring. He's being replaced by Green, but that's something to watch.
Another is that Golson, whom they'd drafted in round 2 last year and was supposed to help at safety, missed all of last season and will now miss most of this season.

However, 12 wins (which would only be a 2 game improvement, not something like 4+) is certainly not out of the question. Then again, it's Pittsburgh, so anything from 8-8 to 12-4 should be considered as on the table.

I always respect the talent Pittsburgh puts on the field every year. I have zero respect for that scumbag head coach and less than zero for his coaching ability.

I always respect the talent Pittsburgh puts on the field every year. I have zero respect for that scumbag head coach and less than zero for his coaching ability.

He's a better coach than he gets credit for around here, though not as good as he gets credited for nationally. It would be very interesting to see how he was looked at by both Patsfans.com and the national media if he were a white guy coaching for, say, Minnesota. I expect that he'd get a lot less national respect, but a lot more respect (and less hostility) from this board.

well, if I came across as a racist(?) I certainly didn't mean THAT. I find him disgusting as a MAN for the playing the whiny little biatch like he did last season after the Steelers loss here. He KNEW what was at stake at the time and he made a point of piling on the "suspicion" like a little rat coward. I was at the game and I SAW the coaching mistakes HE made that contributed to the Steelers loss. To blame it all on "they disrupted my headset and they do every time we play here" is the idiotic blathering of a punk. He used that tired meme to mask the FACT that he was outcoached. **** him.

Last edited:
well, if I came across as a racist(?) I certainly didn't mean THAT.

I didn't get that from you, at all, and you have my sincere apology if my post made it look as if I had. I'd look to race as part of the reason for his national overrating, along with coaching Pittsburgh and the longevity that gives coaches, and to the fact that he coaches the Steelers and has had some issues with N.E. as part of his Patsfans.com underratiing.

Last edited:
Why on Earth not?
Why on earth are the Broncos not a 12-4 team?

1) Mediocre QB
2) The loss of Danny Trevathan, Malik Jackson, Antonio Smith via Free Agency for their defense.
3) The loss of Vance Walker and Derek Wolfe from their defense due to injury
4) The loss of Clady, Harris, Vasquez, Mathis from their O-line. Yes, they got Okung, but Okung is injury prone.
5) No legitimate TE threat. They at least had Owen Daniels last year.

Everything starts from the lines.. And both their O-line and D-line have seen a huge turnover..

well, I certainly appreciate the candor. You never owe ME an apology for anything .I know I'm quite capable of stepping on others sensibilities with little regard. It's a life long fault of mine. I lost a good friend today. Big time famous musician I go back with 5 decades. I should just refrain from posting when these things occur because I tend to take out my frustrations with life's eventualities by posting flippant remarks.

But yeah, that being said, I really DO not like the way Tomlin does his business in the press...but I should be used to this crap by now.

Why on earth are the Broncos not a 12-4 team?

1) Mediocre QB
2) The loss of Danny Trevathan, Malik Jackson, Antonio Smith via Free Agency for their defense.
3) The loss of Vance Walker and Derek Wolfe from their defense due to injury
4) The loss of Clady, Harris, Vasquez, Mathis from their O-line. Yes, they got Okung, but Okung is injury prone.
5) No legitimate TE threat. They at least had Owen Daniels last year.

Everything starts from the lines.. And both their O-line and D-line have seen a huge turnover..
He meant the Steelers. Go back a page, already made the same mistake as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft