OT: Derek Wolfe goes down at Broncos practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@JamesPalmerTV
Derek Wolfe went down with what looks like left lower leg injury during team. Taken to LR arms around trainers. Putting little weight on it

Already lost Malik Jackson to FA and his replacement Vance Walker for the season. Worth monitoring.

That's too bad. He's a good player. But he's also an idiot for saying he was going to eat Brady's kids.

I wasn't worried about the Broncos this year anyway. That guy from the draft forum that loved him his draft year will be sad. I think his username was patsderoer?

Sucks for him. Hope he has a speedy recovery. Denver should still have a good defense, but it's not going to be anywhere as dominant as it was last season.

They will sign the Hardy and he will be a beast in that defense and it will be sickening.
Calling it

They will sign the Hardy and he will be a beast in that defense and it will be sickening.
Calling it

Maybe he would if he doesn't tear the locker room apart first. If healthy, the Patriots have nothing to fear from the Broncos this year. They are going to beat the absolute **** out of them.

Denver is in trouble this year. I don't want to jinx anything but I'm gonna say they are not as much of a threat to us this year.

The AFC seems pretty weak in general at this early stage. I think the Steelers are the biggest threat. The Ravens could be too; they were terrible last year but a lot of that was injuries and they could bounce back, they never seem out of it.

Raiders, Chiefs, Colts could make some noise. But when Brady gets back, if we are healthy, we are head and shoulders above all these teams. Am I missing something?? Anyone else have this optimism?

Yikes, they're already hurting on the D-Line. The one thing that will cripple any NFL team is a rash of injuries at the same position, because no team has enough depth to sustain unlimited losses without said position becoming a glaring weakness. It's what happened to the Pats last year at tackle, and it sure looks like it's happening to the Broncos right now.

Based on what little I've seen of Wolfe in interviews and stuff he seems like kind of a d-bag, but this still kinda sucks in that he did miss an entire season-plus with a really weird injury not too long ago. Sucks that a guy would spend so much time rehabbing back from something like that only to get hurt again about a year later.

I hope he's okay. Always sucks to hear an injury.

With that being said, I think Denver will be fine. Broncos fans have been telling everyone just how amazing Siemian is.

Don't like seeing anyone get injured. Can't stand the Broncos but still sorry to hear this.

Denver is in trouble this year. I don't want to jinx anything but I'm gonna say they are not as much of a threat to us this year.

The AFC seems pretty weak in general at this early stage. I think the Steelers are the biggest threat. The Ravens could be too; they were terrible last year but a lot of that was injuries and they could bounce back, they never seem out of it.

Raiders, Chiefs, Colts could make some noise. But when Brady gets back, if we are healthy, we are head and shoulders above all these teams. Am I missing something?? Anyone else have this optimism?
With the ever-present caveat that injuries can change everything (and concerns about the o-line until proven wrong)...mostly yes, agreed. The Pats are loaded.

Calling it

That's odd, he sucked ass last season, I don't see why he would better this year.

Sounds like from all reports they've speculated on that it's an ankle injury. They're hoping it's not a high ankle sprain from what I've read, so that sounds like a high ankle sprain is the worst case scenario here.

Maybe he would if he doesn't tear the locker room apart first. If healthy, the Patriots have nothing to fear from the Broncos this year. They are going to beat the absolute **** out of them.

Buttfumble 2.0. :D

Agreed, and the Steelers doesn't have the depth that we have and they get their fair share of injuries playing in that no man's land of a division. Big Ben always misses time. They are certainly not a 12-4 team.

I don't trust the Jaguars and the Raiders but if I were to bet on a surprise for this season it would be them because they are investing heavily on defense and have decent QB's still under development in what seems to be a non-toxic environment. These guys playing on some Eagles of life would be already toasted by now.

Why on Earth not?
Sanchez won't give them the same motivation to go out and win 12 games like five head did. Even if, based on QB performance of last year, Sanchez isn't really a big downgrade.

I'm seeing them more around 9 wins.

Sanchez won't give them the same motivation to go out and win 12 games like five head did. Even if, based on QB performance of last year, Sanchez isn't really a big downgrade.

I'm seeing them more around 9 wins.

From his paragraph, I took his comment to be about the Steelers.

Derek Wolfe goes down at Broncos practice

I hope he's okay. Always sucks to hear an injury.

With that being said, I think Denver will be fine. Broncos fans have been telling everyone just how amazing Siemian is.
well, i guess we all now know that broncos fans swallow....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back