PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Darren McFadden may be available for a 5th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit I would make trade for this guy. Its hard to say he is a "bust" because of the poor line the oakland raiders scrap up every year and had to run behind and I'm sure if he came here behind this line he would be really good. Also if we get Mark Ingram next year that would be a good duo in the backfield.

top ten pick available for a 4th/5th rounder 2 years later?

of course u pull the trigger, especially with the old guys we have at the position

I would take him for a 5th rounder

Even if he is injury prone, he averages around 10 yards per catch, pretty good for a RB

i remember mayock being down on him when he got drafted, legs dead on contact i think he said. Oakland may have line shortcomings but he still fails to outperform JAGs on the Raiders roster.

No thanks.

Found some contract info.

6/5/2008: Signed a six-year, $60 million contract. The deal contains $26 million guaranteed, including a $6.4 million "log" bonus. 2009: $3,281,250 (+ $5 million roster bonus), 2010: $3,937,500, 2011: $4,593,750, 2012: $5.25 million, 2013: $660,000, 2014: Free Agent

Darren McFadden

Oooopps, and then reality sets in. Very expensive gamble.

Oakland seems to be changing, they're dumping people. I believe Asamougha is due 14.25m (I think) this year in a strange contract. Apparently, he is also available.

Maybe the raiders would take a Adalius/McFadden swap straight up. A change of scenery could be beneficial to both, and both were 1st rounders.

I would not want to pay McFadden's salary though. Oh, and I fixed your post for you too.

I would not want to pay McFadden's salary though. Oh, and I fixed your post for you too.

I think the salary is reasonable for 2011 if he performs like a starter. If he doesn't after two years, you cut him. $4 million for a starting back isn't bad.

Does anyone have a link? Anything to back up this rumor?

Some of you guys are idiots. Why the hell would you trade Maroney for McFadden when McFadden has done nothing better than Maroney.. ever? You're basing a trade off some guy's "value" from two to three years ago.

2010: $3,937,500, 2011: $4,593,750, 2012: $5.25 million, 2013: $660,000, 2014: Free Agent
Nope
The player rep for Darren McFadden confirmed that he's spoken with the Raiders three times on Thursday, and the team has assured him the running back is not on the trade block.

We can close the door on this one. The McFadden rumors appear to be nothing more ESPN's Chris Mortensen idly speculating on ESPN's Mike & Mike in the Morning. It's certainly not unprecedented for ESPN to create news for the sole purpose of having ESPN "personalities" rehashing the news.

Twitter / Michael Smith: For what it's worth, the a ...

Double nope

Last edited:
Found some contract info.

6/5/2008: Signed a six-year, $60 million contract. The deal contains $26 million guaranteed, including a $6.4 million "log" bonus. 2009: $3,281,250 (+ $5 million roster bonus), 2010: $3,937,500, 2011: $4,593,750, 2012: $5.25 million, 2013: $660,000, 2014: Free Agent

Darren McFadden

I think his salary is a little bit too high for the risk that he prevents. Then again, the Pats aren't on the hook for his bonus money, so they could always cut him if he doesn't work out.

yeah...I'll pass. He had bust written all over him when he came into the league, and I don't see anything he's done to change that evaluation. Take Reggie Bush, then subtract about two-thirds of his talent, and you have Darren McFadden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents