PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts are firing Pagano (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, let's see... Our team has had several very good seasons multiple years in a row, but this year was bad. What was the issue? Oh, I see - our offensive line was god awful, which resulted in our starting QB getting hurt pretty bad, and then his 40 year old backup got hurt a bunch of times too. But who is responsible for such a piss poor line...?

Oh, I know!!! Fire Pagano!!!!!" - Irsay

Seriously, what're you gonna do when your line is getting all of your QBs killed? Not many coaches can have much success in that position. Not to mention the laughable defense. But we all know Grigson's been sweet-talking Irsay all year to save his own ass and planting seeds of distrust about Pagano.

I don't understand how they can fire him? Don't coaches contracts end after the season is over? He's in the last year of his.

I don't understand how they can fire him? Don't coaches contracts end after the season is over? He's in the last year of his.
Good point, he's in the last year of his deal. So it's not so much a "firing" as much as just "not keeping him".

And on top of that, my understanding is Pagano turned down an extension.

I hope Andrew Luck is smart enough and brave enough to get himself out of that organization and not sign an extension there. He should see the incompetence breeds at the top, and he could get himself a huge contract. He'd be the first star QB available in free agency during his prime. He should find himself a competent organization, a great coach, as well as the great contract, and he can set up the rest of his career quite well. Would be very interesting to see him in Kansas City or Houston, for example.

Putting aside Pagano's ability as a head coach, I don't consider him to be a scumbag. Grigson is a scumbag, Irsay is a scumbag, Doyel and Kravitz are most certainly scumbags, but I never considered Pagano to be that bad.

In fact it might be good for Pagano to get away from that den of scumbaggery

Putting aside Pagano's ability as a head coach, I don't consider him to be a scumbag. Grigson is a scumbag, Irsay is a scumbag, Doyel and Kravitz are most certainly scumbags, but I never considered Pagano to be that bad.

In fact it might be good for Pagano to get away from that den of scumbaggery
Maybe....

He was also with the Ravens from 2008 to 2012.

The Colts are in bad need of defensive improvement. There's a defensive genius in Buffalo who, if he doesn't win his next game, may be a surprise firing. Irsay should pursue this marriage made in football heaven.

It wouldn't shock me if they throw a brinks truck at Bill Cowher. Not that he'd take it given the disaster at Owner and GM, but still wouldn't shock me if they tried.

Awww, the poor thing! :oops:

Oh, wait, you meant Chuck!!! :D

It would have been frowned upon, but the Colts should have kept Arians around as Head Coach and "let Pagano continue his recovery".

KRAVITZ: Grigson’s "meddling" helped undermine soon-to-be-fired Pagano
Grigson, who traded a first-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for running back Trent Richardson, continued to insist that Richardson play, and even start, despite the running back’s weight issues and obvious lack of production. According to sources, Grigson was concerned with creating the narrative that it was a good trade, something it clearly was not.
Grigson insisted the Colts continue to use Josh Cribbs, the veteran punt and kick returner he signed last season, despite the wishes of Pagano and some elements of his coaching staff. Cribbs committed a devastating fumble on a punt return in the AFC title game that opened the door to the Patriots’ 45-7 blowout.

KRAVITZ: Grigson’s "meddling" helped undermine soon-to-be-fired Pagano
According to sources, when Pagano wanted to discipline players – one of them being Billy Winn, who was late for some meetings – Grigson overruled him and would not let Pagano do what he wanted to do. "The culture here now is the worst I’ve ever seen it," a source said, pointing to the number of times Colts players have been arrested in the past year or two.
As reported previously elsewhere and confirmed by my sources, offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton was forced on Pagano. Hamilton was finally fired during the season and replaced by a Pagano confidante, Rob Chudzinski. "Pep was never answerable to Chuck," a source told me. "Pep answered to Ryan, and everybody in the building knew it."

I hope Andrew Luck is smart enough and brave enough to get himself out of that organization and not sign an extension there. He should see the incompetence breeds at the top, and he could get himself a huge contract. He'd be the first star QB available in free agency during his prime. He should find himself a competent organization, a great coach, as well as the great contract, and he can set up the rest of his career quite well. Would be very interesting to see him in Kansas City or Houston, for example.

Or Texas...

I agree, Luck should get himself out of there ASAP before that crap O-line gets him killed.

And I'll put this here. Great coaching!
epicfail.0.gif
Love that gif

It would have been frowned upon, but the Colts should have kept Arians around as Head Coach and "let Pagano continue his recovery".
Right, they had the right guy for the job right there the whole time and they let him go. That just shows the dis function of the organization. Like a fish it rots from the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back