PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts are firing Pagano (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
why wouldnt you just say your firing him? When your retention of him rests on him winning a week 17 game to go 8-8 and needing to win a bunch of tie breakers how confident can you be in the guy?
At least Bob leaked to the media that he was canning Pom Pom Pete after they were officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Here Drugstore Cowboy leaks it when the CAN STILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!

What a colossal, idiotic thing to do. Unreal

The only problem with that play, ultimately, was putting the ball in the hands of a guy who didn't know what to do. If Whaley isn't in that and the guy who practiced it is the ball doesn't get hiked.

It was the coach's fault, without a doubt, but he isn't the first HC to have called a play without all players in the personnel group having practiced it enough.
They have grit! Just ask their now-fired coach!

I don't think Luck can think quick enough in a Kelly offense. Plus he still has problems reading defenses.

Luck would be scary good with a really good coach.

"Our personnel moves this past year sucked ass, our starting QB's been hurt and/or on the shelf for most of the season, and we're going to only finish with 7 or 8 wins after three consecutive 11-5 seasons. There's only one thing to do in a situation like that.

Fire the coach!"

- Jim "My mind's fried from all the drugs" Irsay

Luck would be scary good with a really good coach.
I dunna know. I read an article a few months ago that he was still having problems reading defenses and this privately frustrated the Colts coaching staff.

By comparison, that was one of the first things TB12 learned how to do in 2000.

So while I do agree that a very good coach would get the best out of Luck, I'm not sure Luck would become "great'.

I dunna know. I read an article a few months ago that he was still having problems reading defenses and this privately frustrated the Colts coaching staff.

By comparison, that was one of the first things TB12 learned how to do in 2000.

So while I do agree that a very good coach would get the best out of Luck, I'm not sure Luck would become "great'.

I don't think Luck is the problem, had they kept Arians I think he would have progressed much further than he had with these clowns.

giphy.gif

I don't think Luck is the problem, had they kept Arians I think he would have progressed much further than he had with these clowns.
I completely agree with that. Ariens is a damn good coach.

You can win with Luck. Thats been proven.

I think this year Luck just got hurt and the talent around him (OL) was putrid.

Man i was so wrong on Andre Johnson. I thought he had something left. Anyone know their cap space for this year? Any Unrestricted free agents?
Not to worry. When he is released from the Colts, there will be at least 5 threads demanding the Pats sign him. ;)

BTW- I loved him when he was with the Texans. Johnson was a hard working go to guy, much like Anquain Boldin, but with more speed (then). A guy who played full out regardless of the score or standings. Lot's to admire, but this season showed how quickly it went downhill for him. No thanks.

Pagano was a decent NFL HC. Not in the brilliant scheme way, but in his own way. He was a good leader for that team, especially when you think who was running that clown college (grigson/Irsay). As long as those 2 frauds stay in charge Indy might never be heard from again as a relevant NFL team.

I imagine that they will go for the biggest name strategy as far as a new coach goes. I know that neither of the Pats prospects will go there, even with Andrew Luck on board. Irsay will want to do sign the guy with the biggest name value. That would be Saban, but even with all kind of promises and Andrew Luck, I don't think Nick would be THAT dumb to tie his success to whims of Jim Irsay.

Clot fan...THIS is your team on drugs...

The Colts are in bad need of defensive improvement. There's a defensive genius in Buffalo who, if he doesn't win his next game, may be a surprise firing. Irsay should pursue this marriage made in football heaven.

The Colts are in bad need of defensive improvement. There's a defensive genius in Buffalo who, if he doesn't win his next game, may be a surprise firing. Irsay should pursue this marriage made in football heaven.

No kidding. If at the start of the year you were to tell me Tyrod Taylor would have a 64% comp, 20TDs and a Qb rating of 100, I would have said the Bills would go 11-5 or 10-6.

The crap-ass defense and the record is all on Ryan. No discipline whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back