PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chiefs trade QB Tyler Thigpen to the Dolphins [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, he's just going to be the back-up as the Dolphins apparently don't have any faith in Pat White coming in should Henne get hurt. I can't blame them because I wouldn't either. But Henne is the starter now. He was their "future, waiting in the wings QB" to begin with. Now he's thrust into action.

Yes, the 'Phins future is NOW!

Good luck, Henne... you ain't seen nothin; yet.. :)

Brody Coyle was a higher draft pick who has had injury problems up to now. I think he has been offering Cassel more competition than Thigpen in KC.

Thigpen looked pretty good at times last year. I'm not saying he should have went to the Pro Bowl, but for a 7th-round pick who was the 3rd-string guy in KC until injuries hit, he performed admirably on a really awful team.

He reportedly has a weak arm, but Miami's offense is set up for Pennington, so...

Pennington is the most accurate QB in NFL history (66.1%). Thigpen's career has him at a 54.5% completion rate, and that's with receivers like Bowe and Gonzalez to bail him out. Maybe a change of scenery will improve that, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Last edited:
Herm and Chan Gailey actually did one of the best coaching jobs of the year last year with Thigpen. When Huard went down, they essentially ripped out the old play-book and installed a 'pistol' offense if you will, and he played very very well at times.

This could be a great move for the Fish.

now he's got a concussion, and he'd be going to the NFL where they're faster and tougher

Theres probably a grand total of about six NFL players who have never had a concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back