PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chiefs trade QB Tyler Thigpen to the Dolphins [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler Thigpen traded to Miami

For an undisclosed draft pick per Sirius Radio. FYI

Re: Chiefs trade QB Tyler Thigpen to the Dolphins

how much more could there possibly be? He's a nobody with an invisible playing history

nice move for the fins. and hopefully this means Cassel is healthy enough (Like you said) to keep my fantasy team near the top.

Man you're quick, LOL

Question is.. is there little faith in Chad Henne or is Tyler going to be the backup?

If I were Parcells and Sparano I put the Veteran Thigpen in and if he can't get the job done then Henne goes in.

I don't think you risk the season anymore already at 0-3 on a virtual rookie QB which Henne is,Thigpen has proven he can win games.

Last edited:
Good move for them, unfortunately.

Question is.. is there little faith in Chad Henne or is Tyler going to be the backup?

If I were Parcells and Sparano I put the Veteran Thigpen in and if he can't get the job done then Henne goes in.

I don't think you risk the season anymore already at 0-3 on a virtual rookie QB which Henne is,Thigpen has proven he can win games.
I don't know, if I'm in Sparano's shoes I think I hand it over to Henne. Pennington was only brought in as a short term answer until Henne was ready to go. Henne has been through a couple of camps and should know the playbook and have better timing with the Dolphins receivers than a vet coming in with less than a week before his first game with his new team.

Think back to last year when Brady got injured. The best results came from the backup that had learned the playbook and system rather than a vet playing with a new team.

I don't know, if I'm in Sparano's shoes I think I hand it over to Henne. Pennington was only brought in as a short term answer until Henne was ready to go. Henne has been through a couple of camps and should know the playbook and have better timing with the Dolphins receivers than a vet coming in with less than a week before his first game with his new team.

Think back to last year when Brady got injured. The best results came from the backup that had learned the playbook and system rather than a vet playing with a new team.

It really is a toss up - Maybe practice this week will help make thier decision or Henne may go in until Thigpen learns the Dolphins offense a bit better.

If Henne does play against the Bills and wins then Thigpen will probably stay as #2 depth

OT: Good for Thigpen! He isn't the better quarterback for KC at the start of the season, but he played hard last year on a horrible team and actually made them look decent. I hope he can't do that to a decent Dolphin team, that said.

Meh, he's just going to be the back-up as the Dolphins apparently don't have any faith in Pat White coming in should Henne get hurt. I can't blame them because I wouldn't either. But Henne is the starter now. He was their "future, waiting in the wings QB" to begin with. Now he's thrust into action.

that is a great trade for miami

thigpen can look really really good at times

that is a great trade for miami

thigpen can look really really good at times

He's still a back-up though. The only way he starts is if Henne sucks it up.

Thigpen is only more veteran than Henne because his team blew last year and he got to bethe losing Qb after the others sucked.
The Chiefs have lost something like 26 out of 28, how did Thigpen prove he could win?

yeah as much as I hate to see Chads career end (most likely) its definitely nice to see the 'phins falling out of the division picture early

Time to unleash the Pig.

He's still a back-up though. The only way he starts is if Henne sucks it up.
that's true....

i can't judge henne yet till i see him with that starters mentality

what i saw sunday reminded me of watching cassell's first few games starting for the pats, but henne's OC limiting his downfield throws even more

i'll be interested to see how he looks as a starter and being allowed to go deep

Its just a stop gap, as I've been saying for the last two years, they want Tebow. Thats why they went wildcat and he is the biggest thing since the sliced pan down in Florida.

Its just a stop gap, as I've been saying for the last two years, they want Tebow. Thats why they went wildcat and he is the biggest thing since the sliced pan down in Florida.
yeah he is perfect for a wildcat BUT

now he's got a concussion, and he'd be going to the NFL where they're faster and tougher

sounds too risky

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye