PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos trading Von Miller to the Rams

When has a super team ever won it all? Their ability to maintain or build for the future is toast. No picks and cap hell down the road is always a recipe to get everyone involved with this team now fired later.
Bucs did it last year.
It is true that the Bucs brought in a bunch of free agents that Tom talked into joining him like Brown and Gronk. And it is true that this year the Bucs have kicked some cap problems down the road.

What is not true is trading away draft picks like the Rams have done, the Rams are a completely different animal. Indeed, the Bucs 2020 draft brought them Tristen Wirfs (who really should have been a candidate for offensive rookie of the year if it wasn't for Herbert, he was amazingly good at OT, let alone a rookie one) and Antoine Winfield who really stabilized their secondary. As far as I can tell the Bucs are keeping most of their draft picks and putting them to pretty good use.

It is true that the Bucs brought in a bunch of free agents that Tom talked into joining him like Brown and Gronk. And it is true that this year the Bucs have kicked some cap problems down the road.

What is not true is trading away draft picks like the Rams have done, the Rams are a completely different animal. Indeed, the Bucs 2020 draft brought them Tristen Wirfs (who really should have been a candidate for offensive rookie of the year if it wasn't for Herbert, he was amazingly good at OT, let alone a rookie one) and Antoine Winfield who really stabilized their secondary. As far as I can tell the Bucs are keeping most of their draft picks and putting them to pretty good use.
Yeah the Bucs have not done what other teams did. Rams have no draft picks left. Most of the pats offense and defense is drafted players. They brought in players on the cheap, not high priced FA's or trades. Its nothing like what the rams did, its what the pats used to do.

should have lost the Cowboy game as well.....

Tough to rank the top 5 teams in the NFC...loaded as the op mentioned...I would agree though Rams would have to be 1 and I'd probably put Dallas 2....never been sold on GB with Rodgers there...I know he has a lot of talent, but they/him seem to always find a way to come up short in the big spot.
Should have? Well hell pats should have lost to the texans. Bucs had their entire secondary go out and are 6-2. lol. They destroyed a bears team that GB barely beat. Greenbay got destroyed by the saints. GB should have lost to zona....I guess this should have lost stuff only covers some teams.

Last edited:
Disagree

He knows that his time is short.
and this has what to do with any of the other times he crapped on himself? Now he is going to try?

Should have? Well hell pats should have lost to the texans. Bucs had their entire secondary go out and are 6-2. lol. They destroyed a bears team that GB barely beat. Greenbay got destroyed by the saints. GB should have lost to zona....I guess this should have lost stuff only covers some teams.
Its Debbie Downer again

Yeah the Bucs have not done what other teams did. Rams have no draft picks left. Most of the pats offense and defense is drafted players. They brought in players on the cheap, not high priced FA's or trades. Its nothing like what the rams did, its what the pats used to do.

It’s what the Pats used to do except the Bucs have had years and years of lottery picks. Don’t get me wrong...they’ve still hit home run after home run in the draft, and not just in the first round. But they’ve had some big time draft capital. Since Seymour, the Patriots have rarely had a chance for guys like White, Vea, Evans, Wirfs, etc.

I agree overall, though…with the exception of Brady, they’ve used free agency to round out the team, not build it. Brown, Gronk, Fournette, Sherman, Suh, etc. are bigger in name recognition than they are in cost/production. They’ve mainly signed role players with their extra money and used most of it to extend their own players, either drafted or former FAs.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back