PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OPINION: The Truth Behind the Moss Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Randy Moss disappeared in the playoffs and was secondary to Wes Welker and Kevin Faulk in the passing game makes paying him $10M a year a pretty foolish thing to do. He had a great regular season, but he is sissy going across the middle and did nothing in the playoffs.

:rolleyes:

A contract like this is exactly why they don't want to sign him...if he isn't "reformed" you are on the hook for 17.5million! You willing to gamble that kind of money that he is going to be a good soldier?

If we have the ability to trade him in that 3 year span, yes, he's worth $8.6M (hometown discount) per year and $17.5 guaranteed because there will always be other NFL teams that will take on a non-blockbuster contract for an elite WR, with gas still left in the tank, who they think they can "reform".

Did Moss really disappear in the playoffs or did Brady freeze him out of the game plan by not throwing there?

What if the Brady/Moss relationship is not right?

Wouldn't that explain the Pats unwillingness to commit?

3 Super Bowls won without Moss...a boat load of records and no Super Bowl win with him on the team. I believe thats the thought process that is keeping this deal in limbo. Moss is awesome, but he can be shut down (which we saw in the playoffs), and that is a lot of money to see wrapped-up in a player that is getting shut down.

If he is back, he is back. I only expected him to be here 1 year when they picked him up, so I'm not going to give up all hope on the Pats if his goes elsewhere. With all the positive words he said about the organization and how he would like to stay a Patriot...signing elsewhere for big money would prove his character.

I think other teams have the same "reservations" about Randy. I do not think he will be offered a lot more money than the Pats have put on the table. I just don't see someone breaking the bank for him. Of course, time will tell. I think we will have an answer by the end of the weekend.

I like Moss and all but I'm glad they resigned Kelly Washington, I thought he had a great preseason and could have been a great reciever for us if we weren't ladened with so much talent last year, this year we will see him more. He was an awsome special teamer and did everything we asked of him.

I like Moss and all but I'm glad they resigned Kelly Washington, I thought he had a great preseason and could have been a great reciever for us if we weren't ladened with so much talent last year, this year we will see him more. He was an awsome special teamer and did everything we asked of him.

I too want Washington's role expanded in the offense, but not at the expense of Moss.

I too want Washington's role expanded in the offense, but not at the expense of Moss.

I'm not saying that we don't try to keep Moss but it is comforting that we do have a tall fast reciever that is capable

I'm not saying that we don't try to keep Moss but it is comforting that we do have a tall fast reciever that is capable

He was a good special teamer, he might be the next coming of Reche Caldwell for all we know ..

PFT is saying that the Eagles may be trying to make a run for Randy. If you were Moss, would you want to play for Philly?

I don't know how comfortable I would be using Washington very

much. I would feel a little better if Gaffney was under contract.

He was a good special teamer, he might be the next coming of Reche Caldwell for all we know ..

Say what you want , I think he's going to be good reciever once he gets out there.

I think other teams have the same "reservations" about Randy. I do not think he will be offered a lot more money than the Pats have put on the table. I just don't see someone breaking the bank for him. Of course, time will tell. I think we will have an answer by the end of the weekend.

Dallas would take him in a second....and that is one place I do see him going.....You get him and TO on the same team.....that could be the greatest WR duo in NFL history......and I think Randy could deal with TO.......just would be interesting to see if TO could deal with Randy taking away some of the glory........But Carolina is after him hard......the Rams want him.......There are plenty of teams that will go after him.......That having been said I think he did disappear in the playoffs for the most part...but I don't blame all of that on him....I blame McDaniels for not getting creative enough down the stretch to GET him open more......It is up to the OC to call the plays to free up a double/triple team etc......Anyways....we will see what happens......I do think that the Pats should have tagged him however....that was not an intelligent move........UNLESS....they have some kind of deal in the works......

I don't see why he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt from us at this point. Or from the Patriots.

TO was not a distraction last year, would you give him the benefit of the doubt based on one year of behaving? Would anyone be completely surprised if Moss became a problem in the future?

Does Philly still have the money to sign Moss?
I guess Moss could try and show up TO by winning in Philly, but McNabb is always injured, and we've seen nothing to suggest that the Eagles are rounding into the kind of team that made the Superbowl a few years ago.

Carolina? Smith & Moss would be a dynamic duo, but will Delhomme be good again? Risky option there.

Rams? Yikes, they suck.

All of the scenarios that 'seem' to be out there, would make Randy seem less than genuine based on what he said all last year.

If he had gone to Jax, or SD for at least $10m/per then I'd understand.
But if he goes to a mediocre team for less than $11 or $12m/per then he looks like a hypocrite, unless the Pats offer were to come out as a slap in the face like <$8.5m/per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back