PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening kick off for a TD, 4 turnovers and only 13-0 lead at halftime. 6 points off of 4 Turnovers. That really dulls some of the KC shine for me.

Opening kick off for a TD, 4 turnovers and only 13-0 lead at halftime. 6 points off of 4 Turnovers. That really dulls some of the KC shine for me.

And that was with Maclin and against the worst team who made the playoffs in either conference.

I'm sorry, but the faux fear for the Chiefs that some posters have is a bit much.

And that was with Maclin and against the worst team who made the playoffs in either conference.

I'm sorry, but the faux fear for the Chiefs that some posters have is a bit much.

It's been the fear of the season. No one should play, everyone should be in bubble wrap, and then when the Patriots lose because no one's playing - rip everyone who's left, for doing exactly what they wanted.

It's like, going out of one's way to complain about something.

KC is solid and can win this game if NE is rusty or make the mistakes they made against Philly. With that said KC started their streak with a win over a Roethlisburger-less Steelers....a broke **** Manning led Broncos with the Lions sandwiched in. Then a straight diet of SD and Oakland twice, along with Buffalo, Baltimore and Cleveland. Not exactly murderers row.

For the kiddies counting at home that is two wins vs teams with a winning record (One with Landry Jones at QB) and an 8-8 Buffalo team. 3 out of the last 4 games/wins came in close fashion against SD, Cleveland and Oakland while fighting for the division at home. Only dominate win came against the Ravens with Jimmy Clausen at QB.

I was somewhat nervous about the game at first. But since digging into the numbers and games further I feel pretty good about Saturday. They haven't won a single game vs a good team at full strength, with Denver arguably being the lone exception depending on the debater's opinion of Manning at that time.

One could use a similar argument against NE, but I think with NE being as healthy as we have been since prior to week 10 bodes well for us. We'll see in 5 days.

I was somewhat nervous about the game at first. But since digging into the numbers and games further I feel pretty good about Saturday. They haven't won a single game vs a good team at full strength, with Denver arguably being the lone exception depending on the debater's opinion of Manning at that time.

Keep in mind Manning played an historically bad game that day and then got hurt halfway through. They still only won 29-13 off 5 FGs, and most of those field goals came on drives that started well into Denver territory thanks to turnovers.

And last week, Hoyer had the worst playoff game for a QB since 2000 (Kerry Collins) and the second worst since 1989: FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Wild-Card Quick Reads

Frankly, the Steelers would have scared me a little more than the Chiefs. Even without Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant is still a tough guy to cover and Roethlisberger is the kind of quarterback who, even with a lame arm, can win you a game that they probably shouldn't. Alex Smith is merely the kind of quarterback who won't lose you a game that they shouldn't. What you can say about the Chiefs schedule the last 11 games is that they didn't lose any games that they shouldn't (to be fair, that's more than you can say for the Patriots).

Looks like Maclin might not even have a high ankle sprain and will probably play. Christ we can't catch a break with injuries on either front. Its all the Bengals fault.

Looks like Maclin might not even have a high ankle sprain and will probably play. Christ we can't catch a break with injuries on either front. Its all the Bengals fault.

Not having a limp in a walk-through, and running routes full speeds are two different things. I think (wishing), they put him out there as a decoy.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid calls Jeremy Maclin's high-ankle sprain "mild," and believes he could practice later in the week.

smoke screen? Dude was carted off and he looked like he knew it was bad.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid calls Jeremy Maclin's high-ankle sprain "mild," and believes he could practice later in the week.

It might be smoke screen. Teams do not have to list an injury report until tomorrow.

Maybe he pulled a Roethlisberger.

Even if he plays, he's not going to be anywhere near 100%. I still don't see the Pats dedicating safety help to him until he proves he can win one on one vs. Butler or Ryan.

Assuming Maclin plays he is the type of WR Butler would not be able to go 1 on 1 with depending on the route. Just a bit too fast. Luckily we have McCourty who is a great center but he needs to be on his game.

This is going to be a huge game for McCourty and Chung and they will have a lot to do with how Maclin and Kelce do.

Assuming Maclin plays he is the type of WR Butler would not be able to go 1 on 1 with depending on the route. Just a bit too fast. Luckily we have McCourty who is a great center but he needs to be on his game.

This is going to be a huge game for McCourty and Chung and they will have a lot to do with how Maclin and Kelce do.
not sure how fast he will be with that ankle...

He's going to be hobbled. If Butler can't cover him with an ankle sprain one on one, we have a huge problem.

Well depends how injured he is. We know sometimes these injury reports are overblown.

I would think it's pretty bad. At the very least, it's the type of ankle sprain that caused Gronk to miss time earlier this season. So I would have to think that, even if he gives it a go, he's going to be limited. I would stick either Butler or Ryan on him one on one and stick with that until Maclin proves he can win that battle.

But the practice report will tell us a little more...

If Maclin plays and somehow is effective it's complete and utter BS. You know an ACL on the field. That diagnosis doesn't change. He knew it and you don't cry if it's just a "sprain". I bet he has a torn ACL and is gonna try to play through it. I don't know what you can shoot up or use to do whatever but he'll have had to do some illegal BS to even take the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes