PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, the defense should dominate this game. They have no wr's and the only option in the passing game will be The TE. Just stack the box and make Alex smith beat you. I can even see a scenario when the have good to great success on the ground and still not score enough

One thing not covered here yet is the officiating. Thoughts on the league clamping down after the Pitt-Cinci debacle??

I'm slightly concerned this will be a flag filled affair - particularly in the secondary.

One thing not covered here yet is the officiating. Thoughts on the league clamping down after the Pitt-Cinci debacle??

I'm slightly concerned this will be a flag filled affair - particularly in the secondary.

Marcus Peters is the biggest hot head on the planet. He's Odell Beckham Jr. ver. 2. When he played for the UW Huskies the opposing wide receivers would get under his skin with ease, he would get a flurry of personal fouls, lose his cool, and yell at the coaches. Hence one of the reasons Petersen kicked him off the team. I think Edelman is just the right person to get under his skin and get us a free 15 yards. If anyone gets a personal foul for getting out of control it's going to be Peters.

I skipped to Comcast a minute ago and some national bozo said he thinks the Chiefs will win. The Pats injuries exposed a flaw. No mention of Maclins injury or the Pats getting healthy. Bozo and Felger Jr said he agrees (Cuff).

I usually will look at an opposing team and see what they do good. I'm afraid there is almost zero on offense with Maclin at best hobbled and the D will only be able to hold up for so long. I mean Smith had less than 200 yards passing with Maclin for most of the game last week.

Felger thinks the Pats will win going away FWIW

Felger thinks the Pats will win going away FWIW

eh.. Douche always picks the Pats. That way if they lose he goes on the air the next day and kills them for 4 hours but keeps injecting every 30 minutes that "hey, I picked them to win and they should have won". And if they win that's nice for him because it makes him look like he knows something and he doesn't have to spend 4 hours taking calls of Pats fans trolling him.

Houston looked to be in pain when he was pulled from the game saturday against, errr...Houston. One has to wonder how effective he will be. Damn it, is it saturday afternoon yet? :D
He had to come out two or three time, limping each time.

ST is the one area that I am concerned about. There has been a rocky transition at times this season in the wake of O'Brien's retirement.

Meh. Defending returns haven't been a problem for them outside of Sproles TD. They are 2nd best in the league in KOs only allowing 18.1 yards per return.

Meh. Defending returns haven't been a problem for them outside of Sproles TD. They are 2nd best in the league in KOs only allowing 18.1 yards per return.

I do hope you're right. It would be ever so nice to see the Patriots come out firing in all three phases of the game.

Houston looked to be in pain when he was pulled from the game saturday against, errr...Houston. One has to wonder how effective he will be. Damn it, is it saturday afternoon yet? :D

Hali is hurt too, only played 14 snaps. Granted they didn't need him in the 2nd half but still that's something to monitor.

One of the key takeaways from watching Saturday's game was that KC came out on top in one of the most unimpressive blowouts I have seen this season/postseason.

Houston turned the ball over 5 times, allowed an opening kickoff touchdown, and still KC only had 30 points to show for it.

In fact, the game was not completely out of reach until the second half, when KC scored a couple of touchdowns while Houston continued to turn the ball over.

Hali is hurt too, only played 14 snaps. Granted they didn't need him in the 2nd half but still that's something to monitor.
Neither is healthy nor very effective vs Texans. Also hurting on OL.

people forget our defense is pretty good too....and we are pretty solid at covering tight ends this year. Butler/Ryan should be able to shut down whatever 2nd and 3rd receivers they have. and double kelce

He hasn't been in the NFL for three years.

Never heard of him. And for as much as I follow football that is a hard list to get on. But my question is he a Chief or a Titan? He seems confused. Or does he just root for every NFL team that cut him?

If anyone gets a personal foul for getting out of control

Good insight, however I was pointing more toward the actual play officiating over the course of the entire game - very tight, no touching the receivers/illegal contact for free 1st downs (unless its Gronk of course), and other defensive "violations" which would even out the wide advantage the Pats D should have against this team.

I just have a feeling that the league will "course correct" after the Burfect and Pacman crap and the zoom lens of that correction will be...on the Pats.

Not really familiar with his 'history'....

Ben Volin

✔@BenVolin

Wrolstad became a ref in 2014 and has not worked a #Patriots game. Was a field judge from 2003-13 and most recently worked NE-DEN 2014 AFCCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes