PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston had the worst special teams in football this season. No one was even within 5 feet of Davis when scored on that kickoff return.

CYTxyLOVAAAJ_iV.jpg:large

If the Patriots screw up that badly, they deserve to lose.

Should be a good game but the Pats should win with a healthy Edelman.

Keys

#1 Get the ball out fast and gain yards doing it.
#2 Find ways to slow down the pass rush.. I think passing a ton and gassing it opposed to trying to be balanced in the way to go. Their run D is pretty good.
#3 Stop the run. Chung will be a huge part of this game as TE coverage and in the box safety go.
#4 Slow down Kelce. You won't stop him nor should you devote everything to do it. Just slow him down.
#5 Keep Alex Smith in the pocket. Easier said than done.

The Pats need to play smart controlled D taking away the run and alex's smith's running while trying to make someone other than Kelce beat them. Honestly even if you don't take away the run as much as you would like as long as you don't let Smith run also it should be okay. If Maclin can not go their options on limited and we need to exploit that.

On offense no turnovers to give short fields and be quick to abandon the run if it does not work. A lot of White and Edelman until their pass rush slows down and hopefully Vollmer will help stabilize the OL.

Let's not act like Jrlce is Gronk of even greg Olsen. Outside the 1st fans this year he hasn't had a game with over 100yds, only has 3yds, and had less than 50 yds in 8 games. Add the fact that BB takes your best player out and Maclin won't play(or be effective) Id be surprised if Kelce got 50yds

Kelce won't do much. They'll use Hightower and Collins to cover him. Their two remaining top receivers are inexperienced deep threats on a team with a pop-gun QB, and their offensive line was the 28th ranked pass blocking unit in the league per Football Outsiders.

Simply put, the Chiefs are a team that let you beat yourself. You can do that against bad teams like the Texans, Landry Jones Steelers, their AFC West rivals, or the Browns and Ravens. But good luck against the best QB of all-time with a healthy offense and one of the best defenses in the league.

Kelce won't do much. They'll use Hightower and Collins to cover him. Their two remaining top receivers are inexperienced deep threats on a team with a pop-gun QB, and their offensive line was the 28th ranked pass blocking unit in the league per Football Outsiders.

Simply put, the Chiefs are a team that let you beat yourself. You can do that against bad teams like the Texans, Landry Jones Steelers, their AFC West rivals, or the Browns and Ravens. But good luck against the best QB of all-time with a healthy offense and one of the best defenses in the league.
Hypothetical question here. Do you guys think Collins could play DE and or safety?

Houston had the worst special teams in football this season. No one was even within 5 feet of Davis when scored on that kickoff return.

CYTxyLOVAAAJ_iV.jpg:large

If the Patriots screw up that badly, they deserve to lose.

I just rewatched the play and I see at least one hold (arguably two) so, yeah, I'd be concerned about that happening to us.

Kelce 2 biggest games this season were both against Houston, only games he went over 100 yards.

I know. I'm talking about in the big boy league.

He's probably too slight to play defensive end on a regular basis, but he's certainly capable of playing there situationally. He could also probably play a safety-like position if he's closer to the line, but as a substitute for someone like McCourty? No. He's really an excellent linebacker, though, so it wouldn't make much sense to move him.

He's probably too slight to play defensive end on a regular basis, but he's certainly capable of playing there situationally. He could also probably play a safety-like position if he's closer to the line, but as a substitute for someone like McCourty? No. He's really an excellent linebacker, though, so it wouldn't make much sense to move him.
Ahh okay makes sense. I've always liked pondering these hypothetical questions. These were my first posts btw. I've lurked for like 2 years an finally decided to join the forum.

I don't see the difference between KC's defense and Denver's. And we were able to move the ball on Denvrr, no?

and would take even more sacks if he wasn't so mobile.

With a mobile QB do the Pats execute an aggressive pass rush game plan or their normal "contain" rush? I think we know the answer if they stay true to previous form.

With a mobile QB do the Pats execute an aggressive pass rush game plan or their normal "contain" rush? I think we know the answer if they stay true to previous form.

Seemingly every time we try and 'contain' a rushing QB they throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs on us. Just look at how well Geno freaking Smith played against us every time.

It's a retired dlineman that used to play for the Chiefs (and a crap load of other teams).

Thanks for the clarification! I did not realize! :)

Reactions: glm
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back