PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Watching most of their game today at work...and for you guys..what's your concern? What are you excited for or think we will exploit?

I saw them do end arounds with Harvin and Taylor can run so we will need to contain that. But them coming off a win like this...(a big high when you beat the "almighty"colts LOL) But still a high for them. I see a Pats W...similar to Pitt game..coming down to the 4th. No one can cover Gronk and we get Blount back with Deion Lewis looking good behind him.

I am worried about containing those trick plays they will try and run. Not worried about our O scoring. More worried about our CB play and stopping the run.

You guys see the video of their fans chanting "we want Brady". Be careful what you wish for on the revenge tour

I feel like our game plan might be the same as the Super Bowl.

1. Keep Taylor in the pocket.
2. Contain McCoy.
3. Let their passing game make the mistakes.
4. Quick release on O
5. Screen game to take advantage of their over aggression.

Well other than playing Better defense than our guys did this week, I think it has to be a quick passing game for NE much like the SB, I don't expect much out of the running game.

Going to be a tough one, bills played much better than I thought they would on offense.

Then again Indy getting hammered makes me smile.

The Bills will be "jacked and pumped." I think this is going to be a very difficult game to win. Tyrod Taylor is not a good quarterback but he has very good WRs and I'm concerned about him connecting on a couple long gainers like he did today, coupled with a very good running game vs. our defense. The Patriots need to match their physicality, not get pushed around, and get the running game going so it's not all on Brady's arm.

Should be a tough game. Defense looks really good and I want to see what they can do against a 2 TE set vs Gronk and Chandler. Glad Chandler is a Patriot now.

Not sure if the Pats win this one but won't be surprised if they do either. Predicted this game as 1 of our 3 losses though. We'll see if the oline is up for the challenge. We know Brady is.

Yay! A football thread.

1. Keep Tyrod Taylor in the pocket.
2. Get the ball out of Brady's hand quickly

Equals Win.

Fortunately the Pats face off with the Jills with a full game of tape on Taylor.

I agree with the posters that containing Taylor in the pocket is important, but just as important will be gap discipline by the front seven against McCoy.

I think we can expect the Pats defense to force Taylor to play from the pocket with his arm, squeeze windows tight to test his accuracy.

On offense, we can expect the short passing attack to get the ball out of Brady's hands quickly, enough of the running game to make the play action effective.

This game will be a huge test for the young interior OL. If they hold their own, then that is a great news going forward.

This will be the Bills Super Bowl, they might win this one. BUT it's only game 2. The Pat's have won 3 SBs starting the season 2-2 or 1-3. They are also famous for not being at their best in September. Not worried about early losses. Of course I prefer the Pats win, but it will be a VERY tough early season game. I think the Pats can win, but would not be shocked with a loss. Hopefully our D can play better this week, and our O-line can give Brady some time.

Well clearly they went after Luck, don't assume they will do the same next week. Rex has played 7-8 db's against Brady.

I think the O is more horizontal, lots of 2TE sets.

The D will focus on keeping Taylor in the pocket, stack the box on 1st down. Tough game this week winning there early in the year would be a big deal. We always improve more over the course of the year than other teams.

Can't believe people are buying that much into what they did to the colts. The colts got worse during the off-season.

Just an FYI. This was Luck's 2nd time playing a Rex Ryan defense. His first time was the 5th game of this rookie season (3 years ago). Colts lost 35-9. Luck was 22 for 44, 280 0 TD 2 INT 4 Sacks.

Luck was absolutely not ready for this game today.

Last edited:
Can't believe people are taking that much from them doing what they did to the colts. The colts got worse during the off-season.

Just an FYI. This was Luck's 2nd time playing a Rex Ryan defense. His first time was the 5th game of this rookie season. Colts lost 35-9. Luck was 22 for 44, 280 0 TD 2 INT 4 Sacks.
It's true that Buffalo did it against a poor Colts defense, but they are still a dangerous team. Taylor will be asked to manage the QB position, not be asked to win the game on his own. But, he's been pretty flawless as far as accuracy and not turning over the ball (this includes preseason too). He can be dangerous with his arm and feet. He has a ton of weapons too.

I think the Bills one weakness on defense is their secondary. Not horrible, but not great either. We need to attack that secondary.

Worried about our OL holding up, but BB knows how to plan for Rex, so should be able to stop their DL enough to win.

How can any one not like Rex? He never makes excuses like other coaches who lose to the Pats and he has greats quotes like this...

"In the giddy moments after Sunday’s season-opening win over the Colts, Rex Ryan was asked when he would start thinking about the Patriots — Buffalo’s Week 2 opponent.

“After I have a couple of beers,” responded Ryan after he picked up his first victory as coach of the Bills."
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...nking-about-patriots-after-a-couple-of-beers/

Worried about our OL holding up, but BB knows how to plan for Rex, so should be able to stop their DL enough to win.

A line that had Kline and Devey on it held up against that DL last year in Buffalo.

I think we are obviously the superior team, but this game makes me nervous for a few reasons and we should keep these in mind...

1) The Bills looked decent today, albeit against the Colts. However, Rex knows Beli/Brady well and knows how to game plan for them specifically.

2) The Bills defensive line against our offensive line is a potential huge mismatch, and we all know an interior pass rush / effective interior blitzing is the way to make Brady uncomfortable and beat him.

3) The Bills do have some offensive weapons, and despite their glaring weakness at QB, I would say that recent history dictates that the patriots have difficulty with untested quarterbacks without a whole lot of film existing on them. This is especially true with our secondary.

4) I don't care how much we own Buffalo. When we play in Buffalo, the game is always a mess. Physical, dirty, sloppy, for some reason closer than the score if not actually close. Scores like 9-6, 13-10, etc. I feel like we always come out with a bunch of injuries.

So all in all, a win should be expected, but I would not be surprised or heartbroken if we leave Buffalo with a loss, but no injuries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes