PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On the plus side, how about Kevin Faulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
danny woodhead is younger and faster than Faulk....he put up 1000yards from scrimmage last year, his first year...something Faulk's only done once I think...so yes, there is a need for Danny Woodhead on this team...especially considering faulk is probably gone next year

Woodhead does not look explosive to me this year. And he simply is not big enough to pick up the blitz effectively. Would rather have Faulk, but this team needs to find a way to get Ridley and/or Vereen on the field as well.

Woodhead does not look explosive to me this year. And he simply is not big enough to pick up the blitz effectively. Would rather have Faulk, but this team needs to find a way to get Ridley and/or Vereen on the field as well.

Woodhead is actually about the same size as Faulk.

I don't know why we brought Faulk back. We didn't miss him last year and RB wasn't an area of concern for us

I thought Faulk looked great. Faulk shows a level of heart and dedication I wish I saw out of our dbacks.

Glad he is back out there. Hopefully he can make plays for us down the line. We are going to need him.

Agree with other posters...Ridley and Woody should have been carrying the rock and Faulk should have been used as blocker and dump off......

Rest BJGE if he is hurting......

woodhead can make more plays in the passing game and Stevan Ridley and BJGE is better in the run game it was nice to see Faulk on the field but i wish he would have retired

I was impressed he had that left in the tank... he looks slow We needed an experienced blocker for this game. I did miss Ridley, but do NOT think him being active was crucial for this game. Pitt outplayed us and their game plan was mighty impressive. They used similar TE sets that we use routinely against us early and :eek: :eek::eek:

What an utter travesty that he is still around. He has BB's trust which handcuffed the offense horribly. He has no speed and requires little to now coverage running routes because any player on the field can break and catch him easily. Woodhead has to be respected because he has spped and can break a play, he can also block. Pitt could bring the house every time Faulk was on the field because he is no offensive threat at all.

Anyone else just face palm watching Faulk get stonewalled and kept out of the end zone? Of course they had to bring up 4th & 2. That play was the end of Faulk being Mr. Clutch.

Anyone else just face palm watching Faulk get stonewalled and kept out of the end zone? Of course they had to bring up 4th & 2. That play was the end of Faulk being Mr. Clutch.

im not a fan of Faulk being on this team, i think woodhead can do he's job better

Hard to fault Faulk on that, he got drilled as soon as he caught it, didn't have much of a chance to get in.

I think he has a lot of value to this team still, as he is solid picking up the blitz. I wouldn't trust Woodhead with that very often..

I'd like to see more of Vereen though, he was supposed to be a big play threat and good at pass blocking.

Hard to fault Faulk on that, he got drilled as soon as he caught it, didn't have much of a chance to get in.

I think he has a lot of value to this team still, as he is solid picking up the blitz. I wouldn't trust Woodhead with that very often..

I'd like to see more of Vereen though, he was supposed to be a big play threat and good at pass blocking.

I don't mind Faulk being on the team. He's more useful than half the people that claim they play in the secondary of the Parriots. I just can't describe how frustrating it is to watch a 35 year old RB, fresh off of a serious injury and in his last breath, play over a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Its either a coaching issue with playing rookies or a case of the busts. How the hell can Faulk be better than Shane Vereen coming out of the back field on pass plays?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back