PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On the plus side, how about Kevin Faulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
after not being on the field in over a year, he looks like he hasnt missed any time...I was surprised that he seemed to be the main back over BJGE this week. he ran the ball well, and made some nice catches in the passing game

he really was the only player(besides andre carter) that looked like they came ready to play this week

Last edited by a moderator:
Faulk looked ok but I could have done without losing a game because of the Faulk Reunion Tour.

He looked okay. Nothing special. Nice to see him get some snaps, but not at the expense of Ridley who didn't get one carry today.

Would have preferred more Green-Ellis and Ridley. Faulk did look OK, which was pleasing to see.

BJGE looks like he might be hurting and hence why less snaps and not too many yards per carry when he did get them

I wouldve liked to see more Steven Ridley however...we never really got our running game going today which in turn hurt our passing offense

I actually think faulk kinda held us back. Ridley could have done more with the opportunities faulk had

Faulk is on the team because he's belichick's binky. he's 35 and should have gracioiusly retired instead of taking snaps away from ridley, green ellis and woodhead. im not happy with him being on the team because the patriots made room for him by cutting bodden, who wouldn't have made a huge difference today, but we are already thin at DB. since the beginning of the year, we've cut bodden, meriweather, sanders (bonehead move) and page.

Was kind of meh on it actually. He looked good but personally I'd rather have the combo of BJGE, Ridley and Woodhead. Way more unpredictable.

Looks like the injury and age caught up to his legs. Still looks like one hell of a blocker.

Brady and Faulk's 40 times might be too close for comfort at this stage in his career.

Wasn't all that impressed aside from the blocking. Don't see what he did on the runs that Ridley/Woodhead couldn't have done or done better.

On the minus side, why is Kevin Faulk still playing?

he probably played so many snaps today because of his blocking abilities...the steelers were getting at brady ALOT

As much as I like Faulk and appreciate his work over the years....as most of the other posters.....I would rather see BJGE, Ridley, and Woodhead.

He is the anti-Bodden and therefore BB will make room for him.

I like Faulk better than Woody at this point, but Ridley should've gotten some snaps today.

Why didn't they use Woodhead, Ridley, BJGE?

1. They didn't have time to run the ball.

2. Steelers were bringing the heat. Needed the best backfield blocker.

I loved seeing KFF out there.

i think we could have gotten the same production out of woodhead... seriously faulk was overused today.. and where was ridley and the runnign game...

Love Kevin....will always love Faulk.....but if at this point in your offense you are NOT going to utilize Ridley and Vareen....why the F*ck did you draft them (BB)? With Faulk back, is there a need for Danny Woodhead at this point? Could we not have used more BJGE today...why was it "all faulk...all the time?"

after not being on the field in over a year, he looks like he hasnt missed any time...I was surprised that he seemed to be the main back over BJGE this week. he ran the ball well, and made some nice catches in the passing game

he really was the only player(besides andre carter) that looked like they came ready to play this week

Faulk looked ok but I could have done without losing a game because of the Faulk Reunion Tour.

THIS.

I feel no need to bash Kevin Faulk, one of my all time favorite Pats, on a day when every other aspect of this team was pretty much sucking, but WHY is he coming back for the Steelers on the road for his 1st action since the ACL??? Why? Love the guy. Absolutely love him. He's 35. He hadnt played in over a year. This was the game to work him back in? Im quite puzzled by that.

Love Kevin....will always love Faulk.....but if at this point in your offense you are NOT going to utilize Ridley and Vareen....why the F*ck did you draft them (BB)? With Faulk back, is there a need for Danny Woodhead at this point? Could we not have used more BJGE today...why was it "all faulk...all the time?"

danny woodhead is younger and faster than Faulk....he put up 1000yards from scrimmage last year, his first year...something Faulk's only done once I think...so yes, there is a need for Danny Woodhead on this team...especially considering faulk is probably gone next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back