PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Omg - what a great win!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but when we went down by 3 late in the 4th quarter, I wasn't sure that Tommy and the boys could bring us back. It has been a LONG time since we came back from a deficit late in the 4th Q, or so it seems to my addled brain. It seems we are always up by a lot, or we can't quite pull it out, with an INT or failure to convert late in the game. I was literally praying. I am so proud of the way our guys played! We:

1. Scored a big TD with less than a minute left in the game.
2. Held a big time opponent who seemed to have all receivers and TEs at least a foot taller than our secondary to 16 points. 16 Points!!
3. Overcame 4 turnovers. 4 turnovers!! When Romo the Stinko only had one, on the first drive of the game.
4. Gave ourselves a great wave to ride into the bye.

Thanks all of the Pats for giving us a great game and an even better result! You guys showed a lot of heart - ride it for the rest of the year!

GO PATS!!

Last edited:
I know I yelled. Loudly. My 4 year old and I jumped around the room like crazies.

It must have been so great to be at Gillette. Hopefully, someone who was at the game will chime in.

Many new fans will not agree with you. There are a set of fans who joined after the last super bowl win. They have no idea how and why Brady has all those come from behind wins. Welcome to the Patriots of old people. We won such games. Mental toughness. Mental toughness does not imply lack of mistake, but the ability to overcome huge mistakes like today.

Many new fans will not agree with you. There are a set of fans who joined after the last super bowl win. They have no idea how and why Brady has all those come from behind wins. Welcome to the Patriots of old people. We won such games. Mental toughness. Mental toughness does not imply lack of mistake, but the ability to overcome huge mistakes like today.

Those who don't think this was a great win that cannot be ridden, confidence-wise for the rest of the season, just don't get it!!

Nicely put. This was a vintage win.

I'm looking forward to a game where the Pats score at will and there is no nail biting..........

My heart can't take many more of these last minute heroic games ;)

I'm STOKED about this win. This is the kind of win that builds character - that helps the team rise above adversity - that gives them the intestinal fortitude needed to win late in the season and in the postseason.

Now they KNOW they can comeback against a GOOD team by playing solid defense, and good offense. Now they know they can stare adversity in the eye and come out on top.

In addition, it was FAR from a perfect game, which gives BB plenty of teaching moments for all three phases of the game - and two weeks to do that in. I anticipate coming out of the bye on FIRE, and storming through the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Its def been a while.Pats always played near the brink it seems when they won Superbowls...Fans have def gotten too spoiled with the blow out wins though. They are nice, but close games bring drama def..lol

I'm looking forward to a game where the Pats score at will and there is no nail biting..........

My heart can't take many more of these last minute heroic games ;)

But isn't that why we watch the games? Give me this every week. But they ABSOLULTELY must win at the end.:D

The sad thing is that I felt so much better at the 2:00 warning with the ball trailing by 3 than I would have if the Pats were the team with the lead but on defense.

I texted one of those new fans after the game to day....'great game'. The reply was....'do you really think so'?

The post 2004 Pats fans have no phucking clue :confused:

most exciting win since the Ravens game in '07 IMO.

The Pats did have that game tying drive with a couple minutes left against the Bills...but we know how that ended.

The Pats did have that game tying drive with a couple minutes left against the Bills...but we know how that ended.

So true, and we couldn't hold them on D, nor get the ball back on O. We did both today. A great win, in my book.

WARNING: It has been reported that the female representatives of the fanbase here at Patsfans are all excellent chefs, especially adept at all manner of chicken preparation and recipes.....

chicken-little-top.jpg

There is only 1 word to describe this win: clutch.

Great victory!!! nice to see a classic comeback it's been a while.

reporters ask: do you like having to make a comeback w a couple minutes left on the clock in the 4th?(dumb question)

Brady "I'd like to be ahead 4 touchdowns w 2 minutes left on the clock"smart answer

Bledsoe "I like having the ball in those situations give me the ball" this answer always urked me about Drew.

just thought the contrast in mindset between the 2 was interesting, not to knock Drew that hard he did a lot here.

The Ravens game was def one when the Ravens did everything so they couldn't lose...I will never forget that timeout on 4th down..lol...Craziness!

A win is a win. At the end of the day, being 5-1 heading into the bye is awesome with the schedule we've had.

That said, I hope we learn from this as if it were a loss. You can't turn the ball over like that, and BJGE/Ridley needs to be used more bar none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News