• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With over 10mil in cap space after the rookie pool has been reserved, do you think that they will sign another play before TC opens?

they have to sign another QB. Unless they have some secret arraingement with Flutie.

Not many out there that would seem to fit. Blake, Banks, Collins, Ragone? None of them seem likely.

Every one of them depends on the necessary money. We'd like to do them all but only at the right price.

As much as I'd like to have a Patton Tank in our offense, I think David Patten would be a better fit, although I don't think it will happen.

BelichickFan said:
Every one of them depends on the necessary money. We'd like to do them all but only at the right price.
Ah, you said what will we do not what should we do. I misread. I voted for Law. Just a gut feeling and that the guys in their prime (Samuel, Branch, etc) will be the ones wanting too much now.

Branch will problably be extended. I'm not saying its certain but I think it will happen.

I guess one of the options that I should have included was extend either Graham or Koppen, or both.

PATSNUTme said:
I guess one of the options that I should have included was extend either Graham or Koppen, or both.

I agree with you on both counts, but Koppen especially!

Are we there yet? This football purgatory is killing me!

Bill's Girl said:
I agree with you on both counts, but Koppen especially!

Are we there yet? This football purgatory is killing me!

Yes, but you have the other team playing the other sport.:mad:

PATSNUTme said:
Yes, but you have the other team playing the other sport.:mad:

Hee hee! You can't say the "b" word on the "f" board! As much as I love the other sport, I MISS the Patriots.... I think the last two offseasons were easier because we were SB champs. I feel like Tom Brady does with his "lets get back at it" attitude! I really miss seeing BB and his grumpy little press conference face!

I have to vote none of the above simply because this organisation is so unpredictable.
But aside from that the pessimist in me says nothing will happen.
They seem to be at an impass with Branch so I certainly don't see that happening. In fact, I think we can pretty much count on Branch pulling a Seymore but he'll be back for the pre season games. Hopefully.
They won't be signing Koppen because he has aleady stated that he'll want to test the FA market. Hochstein seems to have done a pretty good job in his absence and I believe they drafted another center.
I suppose there is a minute chance of a Ty Law signing.
Isn't Patten signed for five years with the 'skins (going on his third year of that contract)So, signing Patten is unlikely
As far as Samual goes, the Pats are hardly ever in a hurry for extensions.

The Pats may try to sign an FA that no ones thinking of, before anything on that poll happens.
It all depends on what transpires with other teams.

Last edited:
Haste makes waste, TC will show where we are and what is available.

To me TC is the time to move as we shall know more by then.

My feeling is let it come to you, don't chase it, you may catch something
you really don't want.?

I would just hope Deion stops being a hermit and arrives for training camp.

They do have to cut players..a minimum of 4...WHO???? If they add a player..another will have to go...
Signing the draftees may not be easy..I think one of the top two they may have trouble with...I am HOPING not..but??? There has been speculation because of the changes that a team may have trouble signing all picks..and the Pats have the most 10...NOT predicting it..but..one never knows.
A vet backup QB, a TE, a rookie punter or ??? ALL may be here before TC.

ok 30 days to training camp

I voted none of the above, i don't think we need a vet QB, i like the idea of developing Bramlet at a much lower salary, and what are the chances he'll actually play in a game.

although i'd rather see Koppen on the field as opposed to Hochstein.

first time post, greetings to all, this is a great place!:rocker:

I can see them doing the top two of those choices. For pretty obvious reasons, both should be done by the start of TC.

belichickaholic said:
I voted none of the above, i don't think we need a vet QB, i like the idea of developing Bramlet at a much lower salary, and what are the chances he'll actually play in a game.

although i'd rather see Koppen on the field as opposed to Hochstein.

first time post, greetings to all, this is a great place!:rocker:

Welcome to the board. It's a 75/25 chance that someone will call you a Newbie before long. Don't let it both bother you, unless it's me, because you didn't say any thing positive about Rodney.:rocker:

Thanks for the welcome. Quick story about Rodney, we went to our first training camp last year. My eleven year old daughter was hoping to get an autograph. Rodney was making his way down the rope after practice. Everyone was yelling for him! My daughter yelled "Rodney!" He stopped, smiled at her and said "I gotcha sweetie" :rocker: The kid was absolutely thrilled! She was the littlest kid in the bunch and he stopped for her!!

Rodney Rocks:rocker:

belichickaholic said:
Thanks for the welcome. Quick story about Rodney, we went to our first training camp last year. My eleven year old daughter was hoping to get an autograph. Rodney was making his way down the rope after practice. Everyone was yelling for him! My daughter yelled "Rodney!" He stopped, smiled at her and said "I gotcha sweetie" :rocker: The kid was absolutely thrilled! She was the littlest kid in the bunch and he stopped for her!!

Can't wait to see Rodney on the feild again. Even if he has to go through the 6 game Bruschi-type thing it'll still be an inspiration for the fans and his teammates to see him out there.

He's an "A" class guy. Thanks for the story.

belichickaholic said:

Cripes, almost a tear to my eye. Every time my littlest one gets hurt and toughs it out without tears, he tells everone that he's okay, he's being tough like Robmey Harrison, who got really, really hurt on his knee and... yada yada yada. He'll tell anybody about Robmey's ordeal and toughness. Poor brainwashed little homer. :D

Man I wish we could clone that guy. (Robmey, not my kid.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft