PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Week 9 Giants at Pats Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can everyone blame this defense. we scored 0 points until late 3rd quarter. 4 Turnovers. The D actually kept us in the game with the arrington INT. This game is not on them.

Because the offense came alive when it needed to.

The defense just had to prevent a TD and they could't even do that.

how can everyone blame this defense. we scored 0 points until late 3rd quarter. 4 Turnovers. The D actually kept us in the game with the arrington INT. This game is not on them.

Exactly! I think the defense more than proved that last week was a fluke and the improvement we saw before the bye was real. This defense needs to work on consistency, but this loss is on the offense and more specifically Brady and special teams. They did redeem themselves in the end, but if the offense and Brady played average the first two and a half quarters, they would have won this game.

The JETS must be salivating at the opportunity to smack these patsies around.....

I want the Jets to win. They're better and like the Redsox. I hate this team.

well now all i need is a steeler win and my week is looking just fcking dandy:mad::mad::mad::mad:

SB42 was not a fluke, that is all.

These are true statements, I believe.

In fact, I'll go one step further and say that those cuts are the difference between 7-1 and 5-3.

It's gonna be pretty tough to slice up the blame pie on this one.:rolleyes:

No Rob, the defense did not do enough to win. They conceded 24 points and lost the game. Don't sugar coat the crap. The offense wasn't fantastic, however the O gave the D a 3 point lead with roughly 90 seconds and 80 yards to play.

The defense isn't good enough and the Patriots are losing their lustre and position as an elite side.

How many turnovers? You usually make sense, Ausbacker. Not today.

The worst bit wasn't even making Eli win the game, it was handing him a 1st and goal around the 1 with time and timeouts.....

People saying don't blame the defense - when it mattered, what did they do? They let the Giants march down the field at ease and Brown made the most boneheaded play I've ever seen.

Complete lack of composure - that should have been a W even if it did look unlikely for most of the game.

This was worse than the steelers game.......they actually put an effort in on this one.

They are the 3rd best team in the division right now.......

You know you are in trouble when BB starts to have the same facial expressions of confusion the way Pete Carroll used to have.....thet's where the pats are right now.

How many turnovers? You usually make sense, Ausbacker. Not today.
It makes perfect sense to me. The Patriots O played poorly yet gave the Patriots D a lead with 90 odd seconds and 80 yards to drive. The D couldn't protect 3 points in 90 seconds with 80 yards. That is not a failure on offense when you have the lead.

No Rob, the defense did not do enough to win. They conceded 24 points and lost the game. Don't sugar coat the crap. The offense wasn't fantastic, however the O gave the D a 3 point lead with roughly 90 seconds and 80 yards to play.

The defense isn't good enough and the Patriots are losing their lustre and position as an elite side.

If offense showed up before the end of the third quarter, the defense would have been lauded today. It is the offenses' fault that this was a game inside the last two minutes. It was mostly on the defense and the special teams. The defense did more an their part for 3 1/2 quarters, but the offense put them in a hole.

Oh its ok for the Offense to as you say "come alive" only when it feels like it :rolleyes:

Now would be a good start. Dude is completely clueless.

Looked like Brown had never played secondary before. Amazingly bad play.

The offense just needed to hold on to the fricking football in the first half and we wouldve won. Gost needed to kick a 27 yarder and it wouldve been different. The offense sucked for 3 quarters and the defense sucked in the end. So why only blame the defense. The strenght of this team is the offense and when you hold a team to 0 pts in a quarter we shouldve won handily..

Exactly! I think the defense more than proved that last week was a fluke and the improvement we saw before the bye was real. This defense needs to work on consistency, but this loss is on the offense and more specifically Brady and special teams. They did redeem themselves in the end, but if the offense and Brady played average the first two and a half quarters, they would have won this game.

I saw a defense that was handed a lead twice in the fourth quarter, and promptly coughed it up on both occasions in almost no time. I don't care what they did in the first half, that was pathetic.

The defense isn't good enough.

I agree with this.

That "played well enough to win" is the standard speaks volumes.

No team is going to be winning by more than two scores late every game, and certainly not for 3 or 4 games in the playoffs. Eventually, a defense needs to actually win a freaking game, not just play well enough to win. 160 yards in the last one tenth of the game sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes