PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Thread for Those Going to Indianapolis for Super Bowl XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hotels in Indianapolis Soar Up to 1700% for Super Bowl, Survey

For example, at the America’s Best Value Inn, which is located in the East Indianapolis neighborhood, a room that regularly goes for $66 per night has been jacked up to $990 Super Bowl weekend. That figure represents a 1400% cost increase.

But that’s not the highest price gouging that’s going on in Indy. Percentage wise, the Knights Inn Indianapolis is boasting an even bigger increase of 1758%. Situated close to the Indianapolis airport, this accommodation will be charging $725 to spend the night over Super Bowl weekend instead of its usually affordable $39.

Long commutes from Lucas Oil Stadium are the only way fans will score more reasonable rates. Not surprisingly, the farther out from the main action game-day visitors go, the cheaper rates they will encounter. In Greenwood, for instance, about 13.2 miles from the center of Indianapolis, a 2-star hotel room can be had for $400. That’s “only” a 700% increase over regular rates.

To break the $200 mark will require a 30-mile drive or more. The town of Martinsville, just outside that radius, is offering $200 rooms. Really affordable rates are non-existent until one has driven a good 50 minutes from downtown Indy. In Columbus, the local Day’s Inn hotel is charging less than double its usual price over Super Bowl weekend. There, a double room is going for $100.

Last edited:
Motel Six...we'll leave the light on for ya'...for $500..

I hear that Colts fans are charging $25 to vomit on your shoes. During the regular season they do it for free.

yeah..but candy's only fifty bucks a box....

tumblr_ljkhknuRQP1qc1sduo1_400.jpg

Motel Six...we'll leave the light on for ya'...for $500..

I got news for ya - you don't even get a candle for less than $800.00. We found a reasonable rate in Bloomington, though, a college town about an hour away.

Super Bowl XLVI: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants @ Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday, Feb 5, 2012 - 6:30 PM

Be careful of tickets in sections;

404 - 406
420 - 422
431 - 433
447 - 449

Ive read that theres concrete columns in all 4 corners of Lucas Stadium on these levels virtually blocking the view of the field. Its claimed that they arent selling tixs in these section, but nothing would surprise me after last years debacle in Dallas.

They are definitely selling tickets in these sections. They are listed as "partial view" on some websites, but not others. Buyers beware!

please enlighten me what does that mean?

It means that the tix prices wont be down enough for people to buy all the brokers inventory by game time. The brokers would be stuck holding $900 (lowest face value) a piece tickets.

Saturday will be the day to buy tickets. It was in AZ anyway.

Just got my tickets.....sitting 429/430 level corner endzone...these tickets are via the Pats.

Hoping to be sitting with other Pats fans near by!

Can't wait!

Family member has club seats and I get to go this year!
Super excited! Figured the seats might have been in a different location since he has been a club member for over 25+ years.

heh....LMAO times ten billion....

now wait...you want ME to travel all the way out to the middle of Indiana and pay YOU $100 just to get in YOUR bar?..
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

how's about this, Hoss...I go to Pt. Judith right down the way from my house and get a 4 pound lobster fresh from the sea for 25 bucks....buy a pound of large shrimp, a pound of fresh scallops..stuff that bad boy and bake it til the bread crumb/cracker stuffing is toasted...sit down in front of the 73 inch Mitsu 1080p hi-def with a chilled liter of Patron and a case of Bud...and STILL have plenty moolah left over for halftime and the pizza order that's sure to follow....I'll catch the end of the story out there on CNN

I dont think the offer was made to lure people out of NE just to go to the bar. It was aimed at those people who will already be in Indy looking to hang out by the Stadium with Pats fans. I've been to Indy before and theyre a pissy little group "Ewww, we HATE Tom Brady!!!" I'd gladly pay money to weed out the opposing fans from my SB watching experience. There is a supply and demand factor here. The prices for everything in Indy will be inflated for the next week, even the hookers.

Prices are dropping..no doubt about it, so if everyone can continue to hold off at buying these pricess....they will have to start lowering prices next week...take a look at this article in the Indianapolis Star:

For third day in a row, Super Bowl 2012 ticket prices take a dip | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

But as the average ticket price for Super Bowl XLVI, held Feb. 5, continues its steady decline over the past three days days, the price of admission for America’s grandest sporting event, in relative terms, remains astonishingly high.
Patience may pay off for some fans willing to wait it out, though. Following its Monday-after-the-conference-title-game peak, the average ticket price has dipped each of the past three days, from $3,943 on Monday to $3,781 on Tuesday to $3,460 on Wednesday to $3,156 on Thursday, according to data from SeatGeek, a website that tracks ticket pricing trends on sites like StubHub, eBay and the NFL's official ticket exchange.

heh....LMAO times ten billion....

now wait...you want ME to travel all the way out to the middle of Indiana and pay YOU $100 just to get in YOUR bar?..
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

how's about this, Hoss...I go to Pt. Judith right down the way from my house and get a 4 pound lobster fresh from the sea for 25 bucks....buy a pound of large shrimp, a pound of fresh scallops..stuff that bad boy and bake it til the bread crumb/cracker stuffing is toasted...sit down in front of the 73 inch Mitsu 1080p hi-def with a chilled liter of Patron and a case of Bud...and STILL have plenty moolah left over for halftime and the pizza order that's sure to follow....I'll catch the end of the story out there on CNN

I'll bring real beer. What time?

Forgive my ignorance....never been to a SB. I'm reading thru this thread learning that many will travel from NE to Indy for the opportunity to be near the SB, but not attend. Is sitting in an Indy sports bar miles from the stadium so amazing an experience that it blows away the concept of saving money,time, and hassle and just attending a Boston/NE sports bar for the game.
I can see soaking up the SB experience by cruising Bourbon St in NO....or S Beach in Miami.....but we are talking Indy in the winter.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about looking for a hotel in Kokomo. Any comments about that from those in the know?

Forgive my ignorance....never been to a SB. I'm reading thru this thread learning that many will travel from NE to Indy for the opportunity to be near the SB, but not attend. Is sitting in an Indy sports bar miles from the stadium so amazing an experience that it blows away the concept of saving money,time, and hassle and just attending a Boston/NE sports bar for the game. I can see soaking up the SB experience by cruising Bourbon St in NO....or S Beach in Miami.....but we are talking Indy in the winter.

I booked a RT flight to Chicago for $117, got a car on priceline for $7/day and am staying with friends, who my wife and I planned to visit at some point. I convinced her months ago to plan our visit on SB weekend just in case. I'll try to buy tickets on game day if they fall to face value or less. If not I'll try to watch the game at a bar, preferably with Pats fans. Sorry if you don't agree w/my plans.

"Kokomo"...Who did that song?? Inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes:

"Kokomo"...Who did that song?? Inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes:

Beach Boys, I think. Too lazy at the moment to check Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents