PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Raiders beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Hold on now. Which is it? An "athletic" position or a "skill" position.

in my defense, I said Mac isnt an ATHLETIC skill position player

QB is obviously a "skill" position, but traditionally speaking when people refer to skill positions they're referring to WR/RB, super athletes on the field. Tom Brady is not a super athlete, Brees, Manning, etc are not super athletes (but are still technically skill position players)

1st & 3rd for Tee Higgins. There's your toe tapper, outside threat, true X, red zone help, walking 1st down etc

Go after a tackle in 2nd and later in the draft.

Patricia and Judge are spread too thin. Bring in someone from the outside to hold Mac's hand. I'm sure he has a few names in mind. He's getting a year 3 in all likelihood.

I heard @Kontradiction say we should draft Anthony Richardson. He might be on to something idk.
And Patriots regular season games will be Blocked Out! to the locals I can see business man Kraft standing for that not. The Mac Jones era as a Starting QB should be over we have seen enough!

Not if there is a QB change.

2 of 13 third down conversions yesterday.
3 of 11 third downs vs AZ and no Murray.
3 of 12 vs Buffalo
3 of 10 vs Minnesota

This inept QB play cannot go on. Time of possession is so lopsided every single game in favor of the opponent. It's amazing the Pat's are winning at all.

The only hope is Zappe vs the Bengals. Jones will be embarrassed.
It won't get any better against our next Three Opponents - Burrow Franchise QB - Tua Undefeated against the Great BB and Josh Allen owns us.

Per 538: makes playoffs

CIN/BAL: >99%
LAC 83%
MIA 72%
TEN 58%
JAX 44%
NYJ 20%
NEP 19%

Sam Darnold's Panthers have a better chance of making the playoffs (23%) than the Pats. So do the freaking Lions (41%). Keep dreaming.
Like I said before at least twice, it's definitely not probable but it's not some insanely unlikely 6-teams-losing scenario. There's 3 wild card slots, CIN/BAL take one and LAC takes the other. They're not competing with Tennessee and Jacksonville, those two are battling for their division lead, not a wild card. So it comes down to Miami/NYJ/NEP as the three most likely teams to take the last wild card spot, and Miami has to play both the NYJ and NEP in the last three weeks.

Again, I think I've been clear that I don't think this is likely but it's not insane. Win two out of three, with one of them being against Miami, and Miami loses to the Jets. That's it. Doesn't even factor in the LAC or Ravens going on a losing streak or anything like that.

It's all about who has to play who that informs a lot of these statistics, moreso than what team is best.

Like I said before at least twice, it's definitely not probable but it's not some insanely unlikely 6-teams-losing scenario. There's 3 wild card slots, CIN/BAL take one and LAC takes the other. They're not competing with Tennessee and Jacksonville, those two are battling for their division lead, not a wild card. So it comes down to Miami/NYJ/NEP as the three most likely teams to take the last wild card spot, and Miami has to play both the NYJ and NEP in the last three weeks.

Again, I think I've been clear that I don't think this is likely but it's not insane. Win two out of three, with one of them being against Miami, and Miami loses to the Jets. That's it. Doesn't even factor in the LAC or Ravens going on a losing streak or anything like that.

It's all about who has to play who that informs a lot of these statistics, moreso than what team is best.
Mac Jones is not a winner and our Defense can't play Offense what's your point??

This is… bizarrely true - they follow all 31 NFL teams EXCEPT the Patriots.
They also follow Troy Vincent. And guess who he follows: Nick Wright & Jack Easterby, two Patriot haters.

This is 100% proof there's a conspiracy. We all need to send emails to Kraft to get to the bottom of this. I'm sure he'll call for an investigation of the NFL by the NFL.

Here's a team they do follow, but still:

Fact is the NFL Officiating crew has never made a game changing call against any of the 31 teams they follow.

SAINTS: hold my beer.

They also follow Troy Vincent. And guess who he follows: Nick Wright & Jack Easterby, two Patriot haters.

This is 100% proof there's a conspiracy. We all need to send emails to Kraft to get to the bottom of this. I'm sure he'll call for an investigation of the NFL by the NFL.

Here's a team they do follow, but still:

Fact is the NFL Officiating crew has never made a game changing call against any of the 31 teams they follow.

SAINTS: hold my beer.

That's not pass interference. Gronk had that happen to him in Carolina and that wasn't called PI.

Jones showed promise last year. If you have been watching the last few weeks, his arm strength has actually looked to have improved. There has been a lot more velocity on his balls. Yes, he has regressed this year, but last year he was everything he wasn't this year. He had great pocket presence for a rookie and even good for a seasoned player. He was able to scan the field quickly to find the open receiver. He was cool under pressure. He threw with anticipation.

If you combine last year's Mac Jones with his increased arm strength along with some progression from last year, he could be a good starting QB. He probably will never be elite, but he could become a QB the Pats can win, and possibly a Super Bowl or two, with talent around him.

But unfortunately, we are coaching him like bad teams do to destroy young QBs and again, he will have his third OC and third offense in three years next year. So he could be ruined even if he could have been something if they handled him correctly from the start.

And yesterday was not the beginning of the end of Jones. Nothing changed in Jones' future yesterday. Nothing. Whether he becomes a franchise QB or a bust didn't change one iota yesterday except in the anti-Mac Jones group's mind.
Oh I dunno, it was just one more game where Mac had time to throw, missed open guys, had poor mechanics, and poor field vision. Yeah he had a TD taken away from him, and I get that's frustrating when you only have 7 of them 75% of the way through the season. So let's not get all emotional about how Mac would have had 8, had it not been for a coaching blunder. He had guys open and he just plain missed a lot of them

Anyone want to guess what Josh told Mac at the end of the games
Checks much bigger than that are still coming in, though
Revenue is up because the NFL as a whole has done better, but operating income is slightly down, lowest it has been in the last five years, not counting the pandemic season.

Anyone want to guess what Josh told Mac at the end of the games

Revenue is up because the NFL as a whole has done better, but operating income is slightly down, lowest it has been in the last five years, not counting the pandemic season.
Don't buy any Real Estate in Massachusetts if you did time to sell. :rofl: Mac 10 Jerseys are now three for one.

1st & 3rd for Tee Higgins. There's your toe tapper, outside threat, true X, red zone help, walking 1st down etc

Go after a tackle in 2nd and later in the draft.

Patricia and Judge are spread too thin. Bring in someone from the outside to hold Mac's hand. I'm sure he has a few names in mind. He's getting a year 3 in all likelihood.

I heard @Kontradiction say we should draft Anthony Richardson. He might be on to something idk.

Is Tee Higgins really worthy of a 1st & 3rd?

I look at compensation like that for truly elite WRs like AJ Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, etc... Tee Higgins is good, but is he a top elite tier WR?

If you want a young WR, trade up for Addison in the draft.

Tee Higgins ain't it.

And I'm still so pissed at every aspect of that Cole TD.

Checks much bigger than that are still coming in, though

sure he's making a profit, but it still has to rattle your cage a bit to spend that kind of money and see the team regress a year later

Not if there is a QB change.

2 of 13 third down conversions yesterday.
3 of 11 third downs vs AZ and no Murray.
3 of 12 vs Buffalo
3 of 10 vs Minnesota

This inept QB play cannot go on. Time of possession is so lopsided every single game in favor of the opponent. It's amazing the Pat's are winning at all.

The only hope is Zappe vs the Bengals. Jones will be embarrassed.

Question:
If they cave and put Zappe in there, and he proceeds to **** the bed like he did in Chicago, will that satisfy the Zappe crowd or will you start blaming the OL and OC, making excuses for him?

If you want a young WR, trade up for Addison in the draft.

Tee Higgins ain't it.

And I'm still so pissed at every aspect of that Cole TD.
The play was very close though Cole toe tapped better than the patriots WR's. :rolleyes:

Mac Jones is not a winner and our Defense can't play Offense what's your point??
What does that have to do with what I said...?

What does that have to do with what I said...?
This Team blew a golden opportunity to still be in the Playoffs mix. I think the next three weeks is going to be *pretty ugly* around here no pun. I predict Three Straight Blowouts this Loss is going sting for the rest if the year.

I guess its on the coaches since we can just take a knee there with 0 risk.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back