PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats v. Seahawks postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats had a pass rush that gave the secondary opportunities to make plays from bad throws. But today the opposing QBs too often come away unscathed. Wilson did whatever the hell he wanted all day and it was frustrating to watch.

Note that our future HOF QB has his worse performances when he deals with a stifling pass rush.

Like i will reiterate time and time again the Patriots were excellent on defense because of scheming, i will be willing to wager that our DB's are far more talented than our old DB's of Earthwind and Troy back there. This team needs a competent well known defensive coach that can disguise our defense. Not to mention it will be an immediate fix.

The good news is that Brady tied warren moon for the total number of 300 yard games

O could have done a "bit" more? 17% in the redzone? Need more than a "bit" there. Brady and the O could have won the game in the 2nd and 3rd qtr....:rolleyes:

You're right, but twenty-three points against the best D in the league isn't horrible.

Well... our secondary is garbage. Every time the opposing QB does not hand off to the RB and drops back to pass instead, I think oh **** and resign myself to a completion. Don't tell me the rest of you guys don't think the same thing. :(

Because the secondary coaches are the problem, right? Because the players are doing what they are taught. Which is to watch the player's eyes when they are in the trail position and try for the ball when they see it.

The problem is that the REFS still insist on calling faceguarding though it hasn't been a penalty for a couple of decades.

BTW, I noticed there was no Defensive PI called when Branch was hit early on the last drive.

You produce that many high daft pick failures in the secondary, it is time to start looking into something other than the players

He's throwing against an inept secondary, lofting rainbows as our DBs do their keystone kops routine.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, it's a brutal day here. The ball had to be heavy and waterlogged. No way should Brady have thrown it as much as he did.

I don't think they had a choice. The OL wasn't run blocking for sh#t today......and weren't doing all that much better consistently giving Tom time to get rid of it. The play calling by McD was some of the worst I have seen in awhile....NEVER mixing it up....where were the dump offs to RB out of the backfield or in the flat? It worked to Woody a few times then they abandoned it......typical McD not being able to come up with ANYTHING to open up the offense. But BB's brain farts in NOT TAKING THE POINTS is the #1 reason why we probably didn't come out of there with a win....even if it was ugly

Didn't see the game, but after a wonderful win against Peyton Manning and the Broncos (my first Pat's game in years), the team ****s the bed once again. Brady ****s the bed in the second half, the same blown chances towards the end of the first half, 23-10 lead with less than 10 minutes left never seems safe with the current Pats. Same ****ty D, same ****ty wussy offensive calls when we have the lead. This team and its coaches have no killer instinct with the lead. Losing to the Jets next week would not shock me next week. Pressure is on the Pats not the Jets. Pats are 3-3, a middle of the road team, no better. They may win the division, but they will have to just to make the playoffs. Our division doesn't seem as easy as it seemed a few weeks ago.

I know it's easy and cliche to blame the refs after a loss...and I'm not disregarding the failure ont both sides...but the pats got jobbed...a lot

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

If any good can come out of this loss maybe we will finally start going away from the spread and going for more balance. As if the previous 2 games weren't proof enough that this offense is better off with a more balanced attack, maybe this 2nd half debacle will finally teach JMD something?

Where was the play action. When we did a play action I saw Seattle's pass rusher freeze in their steps. But no, let's go in the spread and put Brady under immediate pressure. Please abandon that **** asap

You produce that many high daft pick failures in the secondary, it is time to start looking into something other than the players

Say what you will about Carroll, but maybe BB & NC should take a page from him for their DB prototypes. Big and physical with long arms seems to work better than small and quick in 2012 (other than Revis).

Didn't see the game, but after a wonderful win against Peyton Manning and the Broncos (my first Pat's game in years), the team ****s the bed once again. Brady ****s the bed in the second half, the same blown chances towards the end of the first half, 23-10 lead with less than 10 minutes left never seems safe with the current Pats. Same ****ty D, same ****ty wussy offensive calls when we have the lead. This team and its coaches have no killer instinct with the lead. Losing to the Jets next week would not shock me next week. Pressure is on the Pats not the Jets. Pats are 3-3, a middle of the road team, no better. They may win the division, but they will have to just to make the playoffs. Our division doesn't seem as easy as it seemed a few weeks ago.
PM me son, and we'll have a friendly wager on the Jets game.

Ras-I-Dowling being a bust has really cost us this season.

One of these days the Pats are going to play 4 quarters of good football all in the same game.

Fear that day other NFL teams

Say all you want, AGAIN our offense was to blame

Defense made great adjustments after the half... look how many possessions the Hawks had in the 3rd quarter where they came away with zero points. We kept holding, and then our offense had chance after chance to put it away, and we didn't get a single touchdown the entire 2nd half.

I understand how awful they D looked at the end, but we need to know by now that that's going to happen at the end of games. Our offense needs to be able to keep up when that's happening, we're BUILT to score.. and for some reason, we can't.

Also, what the ***** was that second-to-last possession? WHY SO TIMID?! Why are we running the ball on first and second down and basically just setting up a punt when we know our defense is so terrible in such a situation? I just don't get it. Put the nail in the coffin and get TWO first downs, and we win! ************....

You are completely correct Scott......Pats will be in a dogfight just to try to win the division. Maybe some miracles will occur and they will start to turn some things around.....but if not, this is NOT A GOOD team....they will go nowhere....and yes, I predict they lose to the Jests next weekend. Way too much pressure on them right now...the mediots will be all over them all week....I think the writing was on the wall with this team when they couldn't "Close" the deal against AZ or Balt.....just not a mentally tough team when it counts. And.....Brady is no longer the Ice water in Veins Clutch QB he was in 01-04........that guy aint here anymore.....

PM me son, and we'll have a friendly wager on the Jets game.

If I thought I could trust random people on the internet, I would indeed bet you. I'm 80% sure Jets will win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents