PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats v. Seahawks postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wet ball didn't seem to affect Wilson too much.
Sure it did. Either that or he just sucks at throwing from the pocket. He missed quite a few open guys.

broken record time from me... get new secondary coaches and make every single one of the players know their job is at stake.

Because the secondary coaches are the problem, right? Because the players are doing what they are taught. Which is to watch the player's eyes when they are in the trail position and try for the ball when they see it.

The problem is that the REFS still insist on calling faceguarding though it hasn't been a penalty for a couple of decades.

BTW, I noticed there was no Defensive PI called when Branch was hit early on the last drive.

It isn't the end, there are still lots of games left. If the D continues to play crap in the clutch or in general, we're going to have another early exit from the playoffs. Our O is also inconsistent... They play lights out in the first half and stink it up in the second. Still, the main concern is with this defense. Teams will drive on them like nothing.

Just venting... that secondary. I blame the coaching. Can they get anyone better than Boyer ?

Can someone explain the Dennard PI to me? Did i miss something or did he not even touch Edwards.

how did this team win a super bowl with earthwind moreland and troy brown playing secondary and now they can't stop anybody throwing up hail marys

The Pats had a pass rush that gave the secondary opportunities to make plays from bad throws. But today the opposing QBs too often come away unscathed. Wilson did whatever the hell he wanted all day and it was frustrating to watch.

Note that our future HOF QB has his worse performances when he deals with a stifling pass rush.

3 losses by a total of 4 points

should be 6-0 but we didn't execute

Lots of football to go folks. I'm not giving up yet.

Well unless they can do something miraculous to fix their secondary and not Brain fart when on the coaching side of things......I wouldn't be too optimistic. This is a team that has to score a SH%TLOAD of points to offset the secondary getting torched for massive points...(Anyone heard of this gameplan before? Hmmm sounds familiar) The O better start stepping up and getting it done and FINISHING THE DARNED GAMES...with the coaches making RATIONAL and sound decisions....we aren't going anywhere......IN REALITY, this secondary is NOT going to allow this team to go anywhere this year

Last edited:
Anyone who wants to blame any single facet does not know what they are talking about.

QB - forget the numbers.....Brady sucked today. His throws were off, his decisions were off, and he appears hesitant and scared out there. Nice job hanging your targets out to dry. Leads the league in intentional grounding.
RB - Ridley looked like maroney out there today. Nice dance moves.
DB - with Ebner and Wilson out there on the losing TD, be it for injury or whatever, the secondary is in a lot of trouble.
LB - lots of blown tackles
DL - a couple of big plays, but generally not a consistent game.
Coaching - the end of the half was reminiscent of the Carroll days here.

Bottom line is that this team is not all that good right now

Because the secondary coaches are the problem, right? Because the players are doing what they are taught. Which is to watch the player's eyes when they are in the trail position and try for the ball when they see it.

The problem is that the REFS still insist on calling faceguarding though it hasn't been a penalty for a couple of decades.

BTW, I noticed there was no Defensive PI called when Branch was hit early on the last drive.

Dude, you complaining that it's always the refs fault when we lose is pathetic.

What's garbage is the bandwagon fans who whine and complain and act like the sky is falling in every time something goes wrong..
Uh, that would be every week. With the secondary at least. One or two good plays arent going to cut it. Brady had a bad day. The play calling was bad..accepted , it happens. The secondary on the other hand?...:bricks: THEY-ARE-NOT-GETTING-BETTER...PERIOD!

Last edited:
The O could have done a bit more, the secondary could have done a LOT better. Really, this loss is on them, no question.

I like Russell Wilson and think he'll be a Top 7 QB in four years, but today he was just gambling and winning over and over again. That's what's so frustrating about this loss, it felt like Seatlle's scores were way more luck then skill.

O could have done a "bit" more? 17% in the redzone? Need more than a "bit" there. Brady and the O could have won the game in the 2nd and 3rd qtr....:rolleyes:

Sure it did. Either that or he just sucks at throwing from the pocket. He missed quite a few open guys.

Well ....he is a rookie in the first place and secondly....he outplayed our own Tom Brady....I think Wilson is going to be a great QB in this league..

The wet ball didn't seem to affect Wilson too much.

He's throwing against an inept secondary, lofting rainbows as our DBs do their keystone kops routine.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, it's a brutal day here. The ball had to be heavy and waterlogged. No way should Brady have thrown it as much as he did.

This team cannot hold a lead. What excuses are the fanboys and fantasy geeks making today? I went to the game with the greats and talked to jermaine wiggins after the game..."this secondary sucks. They suck. They suck." Those were his words. Those guys back there are all belichick draft picks and free agent acquisitions. We have no one to blame but the coach/gm on this....

Plenty of time left in the season but the Jets game is now a real must win. We have some glaring problems on the D which teams will try and exploit but this is still a good football team capable of beating most teams.

Still doesn't hide a bitterly disappointing loss as a fan in a game we clearly should have won again (Baltimore). The secondary is awful I'm afraid and unless it improves we cannot go all the way as the O is going to have bad games and will rely on the D making stops. If Russell Wilson can throw on us then something needs fixing. Chung is now likely to be out and the safety position is awful thin. Tavon Wilson is a rookie and his play has been lauded on here but Bedard has been getting it right about him. He is not ready to be the main safety in this team so let's hope they can do something to fix the problems back there.

Some will blame the O and others the D but at the end of the day both have to be playing well to win games and today neither was consistent enough. It does make you angry seeing the talent on this team wasted at times but that is all part of being a fan. On to the Jets and no matter what anyone thinks this will be a tough matchup and we cannot just expect an easy win.

I'm pissed about the loss.

But the Patriots don't have to wear those Seahawks uniforms that look like someone threw up on top of someones throw up.

I was laughing at belichik during his presses. What a brooding fool taken to the cleaners by Pete Carroll

baaah how is it possible

---
- Why take two time outs on O, and both seemed like we was in position to start a play :confused:
- Deion Branch first read, stop with it now! Maybe on a screen, can still block and make some plays when play is broken, but today, seriously was he first read five times and thrown to every time???
- Poor play calling, Brady shockingly off, secondary :bricks::bricks:

17% in the redzone......

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes