PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots vs. Dolphins Post Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cordarelle Patterson agree with you

56158-Doctor-Who-10-laughing-gif-d1CI.gif

Dobson has outplayed Patterson this year.

Patterson is just a screen guy, short route guy...we need one that can stretch the field and Dobson can. We desperately need KT and Dobson back. Can Brady play much better than he did today???

I've just seen Solder was injured, who played LT and what did the O-line look like to finish the game?

Mankins slid to LT and Kline played guard. The line looked awful, especially the interior. Vereen and Hooman had to stay in to block quite often.

Yeah its not really the day to be calling out the receivers. The only thing that sucks is they didn't have a guy who can go up and fight for the ball today, again because of injuries. I don't think I've ever seen a team with this many key players injured.

That's my point though. I'm not criticizing Edelman or Amandola, I think both are extremely hard workers and have serious fight (especially huge props to Amandola playing through the groin injury). But aside from Gronk, they have ZERO exceptional play makers. There is no Mr. Reliable, or somewho can go up and get it, or physically dominate, etc. We have some really hard workers, which I can't complain, I love the "Football player" types, but we REALLY could use someone who can stretch the field and dominate in the Redzone. Edelman and Amendola aren't #1 guys, they aren't even #2 guys on most teams. It's almost unfair to them that they have to fill those rolls, they are fantastic complimentary weapons.

I was nervous as hell going into this season with what little depth we had for skill-position offensive players. This offense is middle of the pack without Gronk on the field...

MCL and Walpole. Get it? Hey, we either laugh or cry.

Oh right missed that haha. I actually like who-man he just can't be a main target. Half expecting to see Thompkins, Dobson, and Boyce placed on IR tomorrow and bringing back Deion Branch and David Patten to replace them.

went to the game....just read through this thread.

Huh??????

uh...our kicker missed a freaking gimme. our kicker agve the phins a 1st at their 40 after a score.

our D coordinator rushed only four at the end of the 1st half. Every time they blitzed , good things happened.HE stopped blitzing when good things happened. That fat fuch HAS TO GO!!! I mean it. He's no D coordinator.He's a freaking sausage pizza eating champion.

When the offense is moving at will from the 20 to opponents 30, your O cordinator should really NOT throw throw thriow throw throw throw every friggin down.

I was THERE today. Brady was MAGNIFICENT. The absolute braindead fat slob hump that called a frigging defense that had Hightower covering a back on a pass pattern is the REAL MORON today.

I haven't seen the game on TV yet but the refs let everything go...and I mean everything.

re: Why didn't the Pats bring in Will Svitek when Solder left with a head injury?

Svitek got hurt on that series ,DaB...did not return.

Mankins slid to LT and Kline played guard. The line looked awful, especially the interior. Vereen and Hooman had to stay in to block quite often.

I've just thrown up in my mouth a little.

Brady might actually get killed in Baltimore next week.

There you go and have to keep it real, Joker.

Joker ain't joking. He's peeved.

Good point about misutilizing Hightower, though. Why not just rush him? What use is it to see him ineffectually blunderbusing his way to the open receiver?

I think using Collins and Fletcher more, two athletic cover guys, should be added to Joker's strongly worded comments. I wonder what Pepper Johnson thinks?

Huh??????

uh...our kicker missed a freaking gimme. our kicker agve the phins a 1st at their 40 after a score.

our D coordinator rushed only four at the end of the 1st half. Every time they blitzed , good things happened.HE stopped blitzing when good things happened. That fat fuch HAS TO GO!!! I mean it. He's no D coordinator.He's a freaking sausage pizza eating champion.

When the offense is moving at will from the 20 to opponents 30, your O cordinator should really NOT throw throw thriow throw throw throw every friggin down.

I was THERE today. Brady was MAGNIFICENT. The absolute braindead fat slob hump that called a frigging defense that had Hightower covering a back on a pass pattern is the REAL MORON today.

I haven't seen the game on TV yet but the refs let everything go...and I mean everything.

FWIW the TD before the half came on a 6 man blitz. Blitz didnt work all the time. They need to get ridley involved inside the redzone ,cant rely on blount there it seems.

The lack of running plays and balance in this team is going to kill any idea of success.

Brady can't keep throwing 50+ passes a game. McDaniels is morphing into Marty freaking Mornhinweg.

So if Amendola didn't choke, why are all these dudes complaining about Amendola? What was the distance of the kick Gost missed?

re: Why didn't the Pats bring in Will Svitek when Solder left with a head injury?

It sounds as if Svitek tried to go and couldn't, perhaps immediately injuring his ankle further as he tried to use it.

We were 7 deep on OL this year, not 8, and 4 deep specifically at tackle. But 3 tackles were hurt. Oops.

maury.gif

Huh??????

I don't think blitzing in that situation is a good idea at all. I don't think the blitzes are nearly as magical as you're implying. With less than a minute left in the half I think the absolute correct defensive call is to stay deep and keep everything short making the O burn the clock to move the ball. The fact that they couldn't do the one thing that defense should do - prevent a quick strike TD is an example of poor execution not play calling.

So if Amendola didn't choke, why are all these dudes complaining about Amendola? What was the distance of the kick Gost missed?

48, I've been trying to get a replay of it. It looks like it was really close the ball went above the uprights. I thought it looked good.

Because there is a contingent of people on this board who will bag on Amendola because he is not Wes Welker. Even though Wes A) CHOSE to leave this team and B) DROPPED the game winning Super Bowl catch. If Amendola would have caught that TD pass it would have been one of the greatest catches of the year in the entire NFL.

Gost's miss was from the high 40's. 47 I think? Missed FG's don't bother me personally...he's allowed a far miss every now and then. The KO out of bounds tat the end of the game was inexcusable, though.

48, I've been trying to get a replay of it. It looks like it was really close the ball went above the uprights. I thought it looked good.

I thought it was good too. I was a little confused.

Hooman got mugged on that third down

From the complaints about the ref, to Amendola choking, to our 3rd and long defense, and even calling out Chandler, this game sounds like a complete clusterf#ck.

It wasn't. The Pats had some excellent, very long drives and Brady was on fire throwing to Edelman and Amendola. It simply was a very tight game that turned on some crucial plays including a couple uncharacteristic mistakes by the Patriots. The Pats could have won it and probably should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back