PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL: Patriots at Phins Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats strategy seems to be to limit injuries and go into the playoffs with as little damage as possible over this last 5 game stretch. They are playing for the Superbowl, not to go 16 and 0. I order to do that, they have to have their skill players back and their JAG's able to contribute in rotation. If they go all out, they risk serious injury to a lot of people that are already playing hurt.

Should be a fun 2nd half. Run and then plane ride. Onto, more important matters.

This team needs to be shaken up, Thats not how you go to the playoffs, might as well hit the **** button and go full speed in the 2nd half. If its to play like this should have sit all the important players.
Seriously with HFA on the FCKING table...I would have had all hands on Deck.....Pats are going to have a tough road anyways ....but going thru Denver....Very tough....especially with a team that has NOcharacter or leadership....

Why not put Garropolo out there? Let him sling it all over the place. Take Gronk out too. We have a better chance of scoring and we won't need to panic about injuries to key players.

Patriots have to upgrade their OTs for the playoffs. Have Vollmer come back and put Stork at RT. And what is going on with Scott Chandler? What a mystery.

That was the worst half of football I have seen by this team in a while....it appears to me that they are trying to protect TFB...if they are trying to do that then send #10 out...

BB does not trust his O-line, they can't protect, they can open up holes, the wideouts can't get open, passing game is not respected.

We have an awesome team but either the strategy changes or the execution changes, with some logic to whatever they select...

Wow...

This team has been playing with zero fire and intensity as of late. 5 passing attempts? So much for any consideration of an MVP for Brady. Joke
I'm very confused why they're even playing him. They're clearly worried about him getting injured.

LOL, Buffalo just drew the Jets offsides on 4th and 4!!

Fouts is doing the game and breaks out his line from the Waterboy, "last game of the year, you pull out all the stops"

This team should not be scared of any of these other teams. Especially at home. Come on now. Pittsburgh looks like crap against the browns

People seriously need to stop talking about firing Josh. He's one of the best in the business! Clearly they thought they could win by minimizing Brady and running the ball and allowing the defense to do their job. Neither is working. They will have to change it up in e second half

Gronk nor Dola had a look in the first half .

The Pats strategy seems to be to limit injuries and go into the playoffs with as little damage as possible over this last 5 game stretch. They are playing for the Superbowl, not to go 16 and 0. I order to do that, they have to have their skill players back and their JAG's able to contribute in rotation. If they go all out, they risk serious injury to a lot of people that are already playing hurt.

Then why even play Brady/Gronk/Amendola?

That's the point, they're stuck in the middle of a strategy that makes no sense.

3 man rush versus the most sacked QB with two deep safeties. Awful gameplay. BTW McCourty is awful.

I've been saying that for years about McCourty. People are so distracted by his stats against lesser QBs that they forget his actual play on the field. When the ball is traveling about 20 yards and McCourty is in the area, I'm expecting a TD for the other team.

Remember 2013???? The loss to Miami that sent us to Denver ?? How can you people be ok with this???? This is the WORST play calling in the league???! And for what point??? If we lose this game we will NOT make the SB. McDaniels has lost his edge!!!!

I remember 2013.. Totally different team.. They weren't nearly as injured as we are currently..
Maybe you should use that brain you claim to have and stop and think for awhile instead of just running your mouth incessantly and nonsensically..

Did the Browns & Titans show up to this game by accident? What an awul, awful half of Football.

I just wish the pats defense didn't give up that TD right before half.

The defense was playing pretty well, but choked at the worst time.

I think we all recognize and acknowledge what the injuries limit the team to. What is troubling is 1) the team consistently coming out flat and especially 2) existing in this weird netherworld of neither competing to win nor resting the starters. I'm fine with either, I just ask them to chose one.

Then why even play Brady/Gronk/Amendola?

That's the point, they're stuck in the middle of a strategy that makes no sense.

Because there is only so many people on the roster.. You can't sit everyone.. The league would penalize them for doing so..

when is the last time we won a playoff game on the road?? 2006??
someone should remind Bill. he probably doesnt care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST