PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL: Patriots at Jets Game Day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose that if you re-read my post, you will see that I stated two different reasons. There are others as well. In addition, I mentioned that Slater made a mistake. That said, if BB were all out to win this game, there would have been no OT coin toss to screw up, now would there?

But, you are welcome to your opinion.

I read your post. It was impressively silly. I responded to it, giving it more credence than I should have.

Meh, not fearing either Jets or Steelers in playoffs and I think even our JV squad can beat Miami next week.

Worse case scenario, I think we can still get to Superbowl as 2nd seed. The bye week was the important thing

You need the first seed. You don't hear the boos for BS calls on the road. Makes it harder to screw the home team.

Overall I aint TOO mad about this loss. Playing with their B team out there and still took a 10-5 team to overtime on the road. Plus it puts the most dangerous offense in the AFC on the outside looking in. I wish it didn't have to be the Jets, but this is about as decent of a loss as it gets. Just wish Vollmer hadn't gotten ****ing injured.

The squealers are overrated. I gotta a feeling we will see the jests on january 16 in foxboro. Tell me the last time the pats had a comfortable win over the jests? You have to go back for the butt fumble game

Lol at anyone blaming Clete right now. Slater literally said Kick. You can't just change your mind. You're supposed to know what you're going to pick...

It's fixed! The Patriots called heads, the coin on the ground was tails, the ref said it was heads. Slater was not aware of the fix apparently, he thought they had lost the coin toss and said "we'll kickoff that way" or something to that effect. When he heard they had won the coin toss, he then tried to tell the referee that they wanted to receive. See the footage on CBS postgame show.

They're fixing the games.

?????

His All Pro special teams maven screwed up a coin toss and his CB1 played like a stiff today. How does either of those things have anything to do with BB playing it "as close to the edge all game"?

And now that it is confirmed that BB ordered Slater to choose "kick", add that to the list of playing it close to the edge as stated in my post.

You got anything else or shall we just drop this right here and move on?

Have nice day.
I read your post. It was impressively silly. I responded to it, giving it more credence than I should have.

Right. You would have chosen to kick too, right?

Sometimes you just gotta grab that tail, stick it between your legs and walk away. This is your time.

BB played it close to the edge and lost. There is no arguing it unless you aren't able to admit when you are wrong. Man up.

You need the first seed. You don't hear the boos for BS calls on the road. Makes it harder to screw the home team.

If we're the 2 seed then Denver or Cincinnati will be the 1. Neither of them are hardly a sure thing to get to the AFCCG.

Did BB want to win? Gives up two minutes and two TOs at the end of the first half when behind. Uses two TO in the last minute and sits on the ball with 30 seconds left. Gives the Jets the ball in OT? Never mind the horrendous play calling. The D simply lays down and gives the Jets a touchdown on four plays? This team lost because it's coaching staff took it from them. Joke

You would have chosen to kick too, right?

No. I don't like that call, even though I understand it. The fact that it's an understandable call, however, serves to demonstrate that your argument was crap.

Sometimes you just gotta grab that tail, stick it between your legs and walk away. This is your time.

Why? You haven't made a single decent point.

No. I don't like that call, even though I understand it.

Why? You haven't made a single decent point.

Okay. If you say so.

From what I saw and what I see here, you are firmly in the minority. I suggest you re-examine the facts, push your ego to the side and admit you are wrong. That would make you look better.

But this thing you are doing instead is okay too, I guess. I mean, you get to choose.

Have a nice day.

Kicking team does NOT automatically choose direction.

The team that wins the toss has to pick only one of the following:
1) Choose to kickoff/receive
2) Choose a direction

If a team chooses to receive that obviously forces the other team to kick off. But the other team gets to pick direction.

And if a team chooses to kick off that forces the other team to receive. But the other team gets to pick direction.

NE chose to kick off. So the ref properly let NYJ pick direction.
I don't think #2 is true. You choose the kick/receive or you choose the side of the field. You don't get both.
I stand corrected. I'm just baffled, then.

No. I don't like that call, even though I understand it. The fact that it's an understandable call, however, serves to demonstrate that your argument was crap.

What's smart about the call? If he Jets score a TD we have 0 chance to compete, if we receive we have a chance.

Okay. If you say so.

From what I saw and what I see here, you are firmly in the minority. I suggest you re-examine the facts, push your ego to the side and admit you are wrong. That would make you look better.

But this thing you are doing instead is okay too, I guess. I mean, you get to choose.

Have a nice day.

There is a difference between "I don't like that coaching decision/play call/etc..." and "That coaching decision/play call/etc... was terrible/stupid". And if you think being in the minority makes one automatically wrong, you should never have contact with the outside world, because your naivete is dangerous.

The Pats elected to kick in past games, and I can see why in this game, they wanted to force a 3 and out and get the ball back in good position, it blow out in their faces, it happens.

Elected to receive in all except 1, and that 1 had horrendous wind conditions. For instance, they elected to receive this year.

Best QB in football and BB gives it to the other offense.
With worst OL in football and crappy receiver corps and not great RBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back