PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL: Patriots at Jets Game Day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's smart about the call? If he Jets score a TD we have 0 chance to compete, if we receive we have a chance.

The defense had largely shut down the Jets in the second half after their first drive.

Fumble
FG
Punt (3 and out)
Punt (3 and out)
Punt (6 plays and 26 yards)

The Patriots offense had struggled to score TDs all day, scoring one on just one drive. The hope there is that the defense shuts down the Jets again and the offense gets a shorter field to try scoring, when even a FG is enough for a win. BB basically gambled that his defense was playing well enough that a FG was the most likely "worst" scenario. His ST captain brain locked and his defense fell apart, so he lost the gamble.

I don't like the call, and I'll almost never like the idea of kicking in OT, but the thought process was legit, and at least reasonable, under the circumstances.

The defense had largely shut down the Jets in the second half after their first drive.

Fumble
FG
Punt (3 and out)
Punt (3 and out)
Punt (6 plays and 26 yards)

Great point! In your opinion (asking for an unbiased one), was that mainly due to the Pats D or Jets offensive calls? In other words, do you think the Jets got conservative?

Great point! In your opinion (asking for an unbiased one), was that mainly due to the Pats D or Jets offensive calls? In other words, do you think the Jets got conservative?

I thought the main culprit was that the pass rush making Fitz nervous, especially after the fumble, and his passes, which hadn't been pinpoint all game to begin with, started missing by enough that the receivers couldn't come down with them.

There is a difference between "I don't like that coaching decision/play call/etc..." and "That coaching decision/play call/etc... was terrible/stupid". And if you think being in the minority makes one automatically wrong, you should never have contact with the outside world, because your naivete is dangerous.

Dude. In order to even stay in this "discussion' between us, you have been forced to move off of the original point. I understand that this allows you to feel like you are correct but it does not make you so. I am relatively new here and you have 50 THOUSAND posts, an interesting name and a gourgous woman for an avatar. Congrats. You must not react like this all the time (gosh I hope not), so why are you finding it so difficult to concede the point? It appears that you (not me) are arguing with multiple people over similar points in this thread alone. How many until you get big enough to go back and re-think where you went wrong?

BB played this game way too close to the edge all game long. There are MANY examples but if you look only at the end of the half, the coin toss and the players held out (I agree with this one btw) then there can be no alternate point made. Maybe you are privy to more "inside" information than the rest of us? Every board has "that guy" that acts this way.

I have merely pointed out the FACTS and asked that you re-examine your argument in the face of said facts.

You appear to be unable to do so.

Have a nice evening.:)

I thought the main culprit was that the pass rush making Fitz nervous, especially after the fumble, and his passes, which hadn't been pinpoint all game to begin with, started missing by enough that the receivers couldn't come down with them.

Good call. Guess after that fumble for a TD Fitz tightened up.

No way that can happen if we meet again when Edelman/Amendola back. Jets O will have to play wide open!

Athe least Martin will have starting time for the playoffs, he seems to be emerging as a potential down field threat with Edelman and Dola playing in the slot positons. When they come back.

Ahem! You are discussing this with a poster who is very well known for very blatantly (and intelligently) expressing his disgust with many many calls BB has made over the years. This is even when the calls have gone the right way and a the same time with most of the board disagreeing with him.

So, in this particular instance where he is not just killing BB over this call tells me that it is you that needs perspective and that it wasn't the felony you think it is..

Good call. Guess after that fumble for a TD Fitz tightened up.

No way that can happen if we meet again when Edelman/Amendola back. Jets O will have to play wide open!

I agree with that, at least in principle. The quicks of the Edelman/Amendola combo is much more effective against Cro/Revis than the long speed of players like LaFell, so the Patriots were basically playing with 1 WR (Martin) 1 TE (Gronk) and one RB (White) in the passing game.

I have merely pointed out the FACTS and asked that you re-examine your argument in the face of said facts.

I can comfortably assert that there is almost certainly nobody who's more even across the board when it comes to critiquing this team on this forum.
Dude. In order to even stay in this "discussion' between us, you have been forced to move off of the original point. I understand that this allows you to feel like you are correct but it does not make you so. I am relatively new here and you have 50 THOUSAND posts, an interesting name and a gourgous woman for an avatar. Congrats. You must not react like this all the time (gosh I hope not), so why are you finding it so difficult to concede the point? It appears that you (not me) are arguing with multiple people over similar points in this thread alone. How many until you get big enough to go back and re-think where you went wrong?

BB played this game way too close to the edge all game long. There are MANY examples but if you look only at the end of the half, the coin toss and the players held out (I agree with this one btw) then there can be no alternate point made. Maybe you are privy to more "inside" information than the rest of us? Every board has "that guy" that acts this way.

1. You don't understand the difference between fact and opinion.
  2. You don't seem to know the poster to whom you're responding.
  3. The arguments of the CLs on this topic have been really silly.
I'll leave it at that.

Ahem! You are discussing this with a poster who is very well known for very blatantly (and intelligently) expressing his disgust with many many calls BB has made over the years. This is even when the calls have gone the right way and a the same time with most of the board disagreeing with him.

So, in this particular instance where he is not just killing BB over this call tells me that it is you that needs perspective and that it wasn't the felony you think it is..

Fact: BB sat players he didn't need to sit (and I agree).
Fact: BB closed out the first half without trying (again, curiously).
Fact: He kicked the ball away in OT on the road during a game he was poised to steal and gain home field throughout.

If that isn't playing it way to close to the edge then what would he need to do?

Last edited:
I have to say Pats-Jets Divisional Round would be one hell of a game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back