PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL: Patriots at Phins Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand how people think that football players prepare for football games best by not playing football.

HFA is absolutely critical. We would have at least 2 more championships if we had it every season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having HFA at the expense of playing players who need the rest is a crap shoot.

Sounds like you are lobbying to remove the playoff bye week?

No I'm lobbying to play to win.
One of 2 things happened. Bb handed away HFA by not playing guys who could have played and drastically reduced the chances of getting to a SB both by handing away HFA and not allowing his team to play together and peak at the right time or

These injuries are so bad they couldn't have played and we will see the same kind of game plan in 2 weeks.

Why do players "need rest"? Staying sharp is more important than sitting on your couch instead of playing 50 snaps of football.

Why do players "need rest"? Staying sharp is more important than sitting on your couch instead of playing 50 snaps of football.

Rest is absolutely important. The teams are practicing. Coaches have more time to game plan...

No I'm lobbying to play to win.
One of 2 things happened. Bb handed away HFA by not playing guys who could have played and drastically reduced the chances of getting to a SB both by handing away HFA and not allowing his team to play together and peak at the right time or

These injuries are so bad they couldn't have played and we will see the same kind of game plan in 2 weeks.

I don't think for conf champ games historically speaking the home team winning % is big. Would need to double check.

Of course teams would rather play at home.

Rest is absolutely important. The teams are practicing. Coaches have more time to game plan...
I don't believe that football players need to rest. I believe that is an old wives tale concocted by fans.
Is a bye week good?
Of course because you advance a round. You get an extra week to heal up some injuries. You get an extra week to game plan and self scout.
However a bye week has a negative impact of taking you out of sync by not playing a game. Sitting a game before the bye week doubles that effect.
Players who play and units who play together in week 17 are better prepared for the playoffs. There really isn't any doubt about that.

I don't think for conf champ games historically speaking the home team winning % is big. Would need to double check.

I don't understand your point.
Playing at home is better. You don't know what the winning percentage of home teams us therefore HFA doesn't matter???

Last edited by a moderator:

In the last 10 years road teams are 6-14 in conference championships so yes there is a tremendous difference. 2 of them 2006 and 2013 were patriot teams that most likely would have won at home.

In the last 10 years road teams are 6-14 in conference championships so yes there is a tremendous difference. 2 of them 2006 and 2013 were patriot teams that most likely would have won at home.

Ok it is sizable. I thought it was 50/50. Clearly it isn't.

I don't believe that football players need to rest. I believe that is an old wives tale concocted by fans.
Is a bye week good?
Of course because you advance a round. You get an extra week to heal up some injuries. You get an extra week to game plan and self scout.
However a bye week has a negative impact of taking you out of sync by not playing a game. Sitting a game before the bye week doubles that effect.
Players who play and units who play together in week 17 are better prepared for the playoffs. There really isn't any doubt about that.

There is no doubt that playing is better than not playing.

There is no doubt that critical players who are injured that need an extra week to heal is important.

This is the first time a Pats team has struggled like this post thanksgiving. The Pats most likely will face KC and that is the team I feared the most.
First time ever? You need more qualifiers in that sentence.

We haven't played to win in a month. Isn't THAT the crux of the problem?
If Bill brooch ice feels he can't play to win against Miami or the jets and had to run a high school offense what is going to happen against a good team in the playoffs?

Bill "brooch ice". Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes