PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Packers-Pats POSTGAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thrilled with this win.

Great teaching moment. Played poorly a lot and still won...lots of fodder for BB.

This will allow the young team to get the swelling down and fit back inside their helmets.

All that negative and a W. Big character builder going into the playoffs.

But thats about all the TEAM positives I take from the game. The team was not prepared properly by the coaching staff. The preparation they did have was not executed properly for the most part. There were individual good games, but as a team, there is a lot of work to do.

And I said it already. At this point in the season that can be a very good thing.

TOTALLY agree. This is, in some ways, the best kind of win, especially for this time of year.

1.) Bulaga clearly committed a penalty, and he made significantly more than "slight contact".

2.) McCourty's penalty was a horse crap call.

3.) Wilfork's should have been offsetting, and your "one thing at a time" excuse is simply nonsense.

It's ironic that you were tossing that glasses comment around while making the above arguments.
I don't want to get into an argument over this, I only wanted to point out what I was thinking/observing.... and I did say that I thought that the holding on Wilfork SHOULD have been called, and only pointed out why I thought the ref's wouldn't have noticed it (didn't mean for it to be an excuse). Its unfortunate that they miss things, but it happens. In fact it cost the Packers the playoff game against Arizona last year when the refs missed a facemask on Rodgers only because they were looking at the fumble which was returned for a touchdown in overtime.

even if Bulaga's wasn't a facemask, its hands to the face.

I don't want to get into an argument over this, I only wanted to point out what I was thinking/observing.... and I did say that I thought that the holding on Wilfork SHOULD have been called, and only pointed out why I thought the ref's wouldn't have noticed it (didn't mean for it to be an excuse). Its unfortunate that they miss things, but it happens. In fact it cost the Packers the playoff game against Arizona last year when the refs missed a facemask on Rodgers only because they were looking at the fumble which was returned for a touchdown in overtime.

The calls you were pointing to were calls where Patriots fans have valid gripes. Patriots fans could also have tossed in the P.I. call on Sanders, which was another call that shouldn't have been made.

You belittled the Patriots fans for holding valid, or at least defensible, positions on some penalty calls. I noted the irony, that's all. It's nothing personal. The Packers put in a gutsy performance.

Last edited:
And I think part of it was, "do not let Wes Welker beat you." Welker invisible for the most part.
I believe Tremon Williams was on Welker the whole game. He's been shutting guys down like that all season. He's definitely underrated, so vote him to the pro-bowl, because he deserves it.

i wonder if mcarthy second guesses himself for not going for it on 4th and 1 at the goal and kicking a FG instead.

Damn right--he should. Truly, truly a WTF-but-I'll-take-it moment. That decision and/or the final play meltdown cost them the game take your pick.
Still credit to him for having a great gameplan on both sides of the ball.

I believe Tremon Williams was on Welker the whole game. He's been shutting guys down like that all season. He's definitely underrated, so vote him to the pro-bowl, because he deserves it.

I thought it was Woodson shadowing him around, but I could be wrong.

I thought it was Woodson shadowing him around, but I could be wrong.

At times it was Woodson... when Welker was going in motion it was as the slot receiver who Woodson will cover in nickel (they like having him closer to the QB so he can blitz). Williams is usually on the better of the two outside receivers.

Last edited:
a win is a win!!! but it reminded me of the eagles game in 2004, when aj feeley was the opposing qb..

I was getting worried of Chung's diminishing impact in games ever since his injury... but he made some good plays today. Including a perfectly read on a draw where he stopped the RB behind the line.

But I think his best play was the most underrated play of the game:

On Packers last possession of the game on 3rd and 11 with 29 seconds to go. Flynn hit Donald Driver on an in route (I think) its a well placed ball and Driver is running with a lot of open room and could have easily made the 1st down... if not for Chung coming out of no where to make an incredible open field tackle at the Patriots 15 yard line and more importantly 1 yard short of the 1st down.

If they get that 1st down with 29 seconds Flynn does not hesitate to spike the ball and Packers can at the very least get off three more well designed plays. And in that scenario who knows what would have happened. Awesome job by Chung.

Last edited:
We've given up 9 sacks the last 3 games. Really need to step up in pass protection. Brady got absolutely leveled by Desmond Bishop. That was the hardest hit I've seen Tommy take in a while.

Last edited:
I ended up watching the second half!

While it wasn't pretty and the D looked very tired, and seemed to step up when most tired!

A win is a win! But BB can see where he needs to work on!

At times it was Woodson... when Welker was going in motion it was as the slot receiver who Woodson will cover in nickel (they like having him closer to the QB so he can blitz). Williams is usually on the better of the two outside receivers.

Your team showed some true grit last night.

Hopefully Rodgers gets back soon. Who knows....maybe we see you in Dallas.

Pats VS Packers Thoughts

Pats Looked Flat From Git-Go. Do You Think It Was From Onside Kick Recovery Or Taking Packers For Granted With a Young QB, Pack's Defense Had Alot To With It Or

D) All Of Above
E) None Of Above..... (Your Thoughts)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Da Bronx Rocks Da House!!!

I was frustrated with the pats most of the night but like a great team we pulled out the win....I was really pumped when the D held in the goaline stand as that was the turning point of the game....They were getting run on like the Bills D and had just given up a 3rd down conversion to Kuhn and I was thinking here we go.....They stepped up HUGE and held the Pack to a FG which allowed us to get the O going and pull out the W.....With all the bad calls, injuries causing lack of depth and our Offense struggling to get going, this was a Huge W.....I am really glad that the Pats got battle tested late in the season because if we would have stomped GB, Buf, Mia then these guys might be over confident into the playoffs and get busted in the 2nd round....No BB can teach these young guys that no matter who you are playing and who they start at Qb, Rb, Wr...It doesn't matter you need to treat them like they are the best in the league and don't get lax on any plays....Good game, Good learning game, Great W....

When I saw the stretch coming up of the Jets, Bears, and Packers, I was hoping to win two out of three. We ended up winning all three, and only one of them was a close game. Close game or blow out, in the end a win is a win.

I rarely get into the media bashing that so many here love, but I'm sorry, I've got to say this:

Gresh may be the stupidest human being on the face of the Earth.

Not to be arrogant - but I laughed. I do not understand the "rough, tough, gruff, large man" football sports announcer thing here in NE (Gresh, Smerlas, DeOssie) - I would much prefer insight - those guys say things anyone could make up. Reiss is usually very good, but having Wilfork as one of the "3 Down" is ridiculous.

ap-53ce8e839d1543ccb154e61053ed8185.jpg

Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews looks a the New England Patriots cheerleaders dressed as Santa's during the second quarter of a NFL football game against the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium

This picture is classic. Wonder what he was thinking out there..?

Last edited:
A few things:

1.) Between the onside kick and the pick-6, the offense had fewer opportunities to score than the Packers, and the TOP was wildly in favor of Green Bay. That factors into the offense struggling to find a rhythm. N.E. still put up more than 30 points.

6.) Tate continues to underwhelm. Tonight was precisely the sort of night where a receiver who can break loose over the top would have been able to make a real difference, and Tate wasn't up to the task.

Tate actually played very well when he was on the field. He had a nice block that sprung Hernandez on the end around. That being said, I don't believe he got that many snaps..

EDELMAN was a let down tonight. He had the one that pass that went right through his hands in the Red Zone. This has been a very down year, overall, for him..

Not to rehash this too much, but I'm still looking at

DE
OLB
G
RB
WR

as the top 5, pretty much in that order, although I could see flipping RB and WR.

I don't see the Pats looking at RB early in the draft. Nor do I see them looking at WR at all.

I could see them adding a OG, an OC and an OT early in the draft, as well as the DE and OLB.

Safety could be the dark horse, especially with Meriweather continuing to make bad plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News