PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Packers-Pats POSTGAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss brandon spikes

He will be back when me most need him, along with probably our best interior pass rusher in MW.

For those of you so happy with a win, that is not how Belichick sees it. I agree with Belichick. In the end, it didn't matter much whether we won or not. However, we looked pretty bad on defense. With regard to the offense, Brady could have been intercepted 2 or 3 times, not a a good game for him.
===============
Bill Belichick: "We will have to play better than this or our season won't last long."

Mike Reiss (MikeReiss) on Twitter

I am thrilled with this win.

Great teaching moment. Played poorly a lot and still won...lots of fodder for BB.

This will allow the young team to get the swelling down and fit back inside their helmets.

All that negative and a W. Big character builder going into the playoffs.

But thats about all the TEAM positives I take from the game. The team was not prepared properly by the coaching staff. The preparation they did have was not executed properly for the most part. There were individual good games, but as a team, there is a lot of work to do.

And I said it already. At this point in the season that can be a very good thing.

Still cant get over the fact an NFL safety took that kind of an angle. That would have been pathetic for a high school player. IMO.

19 minutes TOP...that's ridiculous

It was a best case scenario in the end. The Pats got to experience a tough game (largely because of their own play) and they got the win.

Frankly it was just what the doctor ordered. There's been way, way too much ball washing going on lately. It showed tonight from the opening kick.

Great teaching moment. Played poorly a lot and still won...lots of fodder for BB.

This will allow the young team to get the swelling down and fit back inside their helmets.

But thats about all the TEAM positives I take from the game. The team was not prepared properly by the coaching staff. The preparation they did have was not executed properly for the most part. There were individual good games, but as a team, there is a lot of work to do.

And I said it already. At this point in the season that can be a very good thing.

I 100% agree.

Also the fake fan trolls were out in force so they can be banned before the playoffs :)

Amen.

The final 1:14 was the difference in the game. Here's a breakdown:

The Voice of The Fan: FVP: Final Minute The Difference as Patriots Get By Green Bay

As the 2007 season taught everyone, the intensity needed to win week in and week out in the NFL is incredible. There was bound to be a game like this coming in. Bottom line:

They won.
Brady still had a Pass Rating of 110.
They won.
They were missing key guys on D.
They won.
They were playing a very good team and a great D.
They won.

Still cant get over the fact an NFL safety took that kind of an angle. That would have been pathetic for a high school player. IMO.

Yeah that was pretty bad, made up for it with what have of probably been was a game ending pic, too bad it got called back.

i knew when bob costas said the packers should forfeit this game that we were in trouble.seriously how they have such idiots in the booth.

Yeah that was pretty bad, made up for it with what have of probably been was a game ending pic, too bad it got called back.

Its almost every game with him too. First round pick still doesnt know how to take an angle to the ball, I just don't get it.

patrick chung's tackle on 3rd and 11 is the unsung play of the game. like the sergio brown play in the charger game

Media uber negative right now.

If aaron rodgers played today. Pats would have been more up for the game plus have more film.
Meh. I think Rodgers beats what we put out there tonight by 7+.

He made up for it with what should have been a game-ending INT.

The TD records Brady set (and didn't set) tonight

To be clear, Brady did set two records tonight. One was breaking Dandy Don Meredith's record for consecutive games with 2+ TDs and zero picks (7).

The passes without a pick mark he set is for pass attempts in a single season. He's still a bit short of Bernie Kosar's NFL-record mark of 308, which was set over two seasons.

Re: The TD records Brady set (and didn't set) tonight

Brady had about 4 which could have been picked tonight.

Great win.

Guyton looked bad, and Meriweather just go please.

I have never, ever seen a worse angle to get to the ball. I loved the pick by him, would have loved it more it it counted.

I agree about BM-

oh -you may want to change your Edelman signature pic -

A few things:

1.) Between the onside kick and the pick-6, the offense had fewer opportunities to score than the Packers, and the TOP was wildly in favor of Green Bay. That factors into the offense struggling to find a rhythm. N.E. still put up more than 30 points.

2.) This is a run defense that's only a strong point in comparison to the pass defense. The margin for error, particularly because Ty's been gone all season, is razor thin. In both losses this season, and in tonight's surprisingly close game, it's been opposing teams having the ability to run the ball that's been key. That being said....

3.) Without Brace and, to a lesser extent, the other missing D-linemen tonight, the Packers were able to focus their efforts on Wilfork and key their running game off of him. By locating him, they were able to run the ball down the Patriots' throats. This game would have been completely different with Brace there to help anchor against the run on first downs.

4.) Terrible officiating in the game tonight but, then again, there was a lot of terrible officiating around the league this weekend.

5.) The tackling of the back 8 was frequently a problem tonight. I expect that will be a point of emphasis this week.

6.) Tate continues to underwhelm. Tonight was precisely the sort of night where a receiver who can break loose over the top would have been able to make a real difference, and Tate wasn't up to the task.

7.) BJGE's long run was a beautiful thing to watch. Between the great blocking and the open field cutback read by BJGE, it was almost textbook.

8.) In the "Thank you very much" category, Arrington's pick-6 would never have been possible if the Packers receiver had run out his route instead of pulling up when Chung flew by him. Instead of a defensive penalty for illegal contact/PI, it became 7 points for the Patriots.

9.) Welker seemed a bit off tonight. I wonder if 3 straight weeks of colder weather has had an impact, or if it was just an off game.

Last edited:
Right? Yes it was ugly but all great teams have a bad game here or there but they still find a way to win. And we did. Its Belichick's duty as such a great HC to not accept anything less than what he expects out of his team.

yes and it's my job to support them. Packers had a good game plan and we are weakened on the defensive line ... we still found a way to win and the guys will be well prepared for the tough Bill's game. The Flynn kid has a very accurate arm and just lacks experience ... looks like he could be a better starter than some of the hack QB's with starter jobs now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back