PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official (not rumors) 2013 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, Dolphins might be the best team AFC East with all of this crap!

Belichick needs to go stick to the Ravens now and get Reed and Cary Williams.

They will have officially lost almost half of their starting defense.

Browns have reached agreement with Ravens OLB Paul Kruger.
WR Mike Wallace looks headed to the Dolphins.
WR Greg Jennings was on ESPN, and his market sounded like crickets. Don't see him as an ideal fit with the Patriots, but maybe they could get in it at some point.
Eagles have released CB Nnamdi Asomugha.
TE Martellus Bennett is on his way to the Bears.
TE Anthony Fasano is headed to the Chiefs and could be signing.
Titans have reached agreement with former Bills guard Andy Levitre.
Bills released QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, a Harvard grad.
Titans are hot after 49ers TE Delanie Walker.
S Dashon Goldson is on his way to the Bucs via plane. Looks strong for him to sign there.
Former BC OT Gosder Cherilus is headed to the Lions.
Ravens LB Dannell Ellerbe has agreed to terms with the Dolphins, according to the Baltimore Sun;
Patriots backup guard Donald Thomas signed with the Colts. Will get a chance to compete for a starting job, which is what he was looking for;

99% of this has already been covered. However Cherilus signed with the Colts, not the Lions.

ravens losing everyone wow

Belichick needs to go stick to the Ravens now and get Reed and Cary Williams.

They will have officially lost almost half of their starting defense.

The Ravens are hurting on Defense with the loss of Lewis (retirement), Kruger (Browns), and Ellerbe (Phins).

Losing Cary Williams won't hurt them as much because they have Ladarius Webb returing as well as Jimmy Smith,Corey Graham, and Chykie Brown.

Ellerbe gets 5 yr / $35 Million deal..

WOW.. That's ALOT. More than I expected for him.. was thinking more in the 5 range..

It's not about other players being better. It's about who can reach a deal for a given amount first.

Your sarcasm is truly unwarranted..

My sarcasm isn't directed at you, DaBruinz, and yes--I'm aware of how free agency works.

According to the majority of the board Vollmer and Talib were clearly the best at their positions and teams would trip over themselves running to sign them to market busting standards from the get go, that is my point.

All very quiet at the minute!!!!

F5 buttons is getting a beating at the minute.

Will the Patriots lose all of the following (Welker, Talib, Vollmer, Arrington, Woodhead, And Edleman) before they sign/re-sign a free agent.

All very quiet at the minute!!!!

F5 buttons is getting a beating at the minute.

Wouldn't hold my breath, Pats are waiting for their time to strike. Letting all the suckers drop cash like there's no tomrrow.

Will the Patriots lose all of the following (Welker, Talib, Vollmer, Arrington, Woodhead, And Edleman) before they sign/re-sign a free agent.

here start the over reactions every off season

PATS NEVER SIGN ANYONE!!!!!

My sarcasm isn't directed at you, DaBruinz, and yes--I'm aware of how free agency works.

According to the majority of the board Vollmer and Talib were clearly the best at their positions and teams would trip over themselves running to sign them to market busting standards from the get go, that is my point.

I think that is just your interpretation. I didn't get that sense from most people.

On Vollmer:
Most people felt he was the best RT available when healthy. The key is, when healthy. He's also got position versatility in that he can play LT and play it well.

We don't know what the price is on Vollmer. We've not heard what Phil Loadholt got. We have a general idea of what Beatty got.

On Talib:
Most people felt he was in the top tier of CBs available, but many recognized his off-field issues.

I can understand your frustration, but it's best to just temper it with patience and slam people after all is said and done..

The other thing that I have noticed is that the normal FRENZY we've seen in past years hasn't happened. Probably due to the new "tampering" rules. Either that or teams are FINALLY figuring it out that wasting millions on high-priced free agents who don't actually fit isn't worth it. I mean, there have been quite a few free agents who signed bigger than expected deals last year only to be cut again. Cullen Jenkins and Aaron Ross come to mind.

Delanie Walker deal with Titans - 4yr/ $17.5 million with $8.6 million guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe