PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official (not rumors) 2013 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sarcasm isn't directed at you, DaBruinz, and yes--I'm aware of how free agency works.

According to the majority of the board Vollmer and Talib were clearly the best at their positions and teams would trip over themselves running to sign them to market busting standards from the get go, that is my point.

Being the best available at your position has exactly nothing to do with when you get signed.

But thanks for being obtuse for no apparent reason in a thread that has been fun otherwise. What good's a parade if you can't piss rain on it, eh?

Will the Patriots lose all of the following (Welker, Talib, Vollmer, Arrington, Woodhead, And Edleman) before they sign/re-sign a free agent.

Have they lost any of them so far?

TE Jared Cook signs with the Rams..

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former Saints OT Jermon Bushrod reached agreement with Bears.

Former Titans TE Jared Cook reached agreement with the Rams.

Dolphins releasing Karlos Dansby.

Vikings sign Jerome Felton - 3yr/7.5million deal.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Karlos Dansby is being released by the Dolphins, I'm told. In the wake of the Ellerbe news… #Freeagency

And

Just to get it out there because I know some of our fellow are saying this...OMG WHY HAVENT THE PATRIOTS SIGNED ANYONE YET? WHY? hahahahahaahahaha. To everyone, we know how BB is. Nothing will happen tonight! Tomorrow will be our big day!

with the pats nothing happens in the first few days..they always let the market set itself then sign people..nothing new

Not a Dolphin after all:

St. Louis Rams ‏@STLouisRams
#Rams have agreed to terms with TE Jared Cook on a five-year contract.

Being the best available at your position has exactly nothing to do with when you get signed.

But thanks for being obtuse for no apparent reason in a thread that has been fun otherwise. What good's a parade if you can't piss rain on it, eh?

I am speaking of the 90%+ who stated that "Vollmer and Talib were clearly the best at their positions and would surely be the first to go," while I pointed out that Loadholt, Bushrod, and Cherilus would be highly sought after too, much to the dismay of the chicken littles who stated how weak we'd be if we lost them.

For some reason it seems as though a high majority of posters here don't realize that there are other good players in the NFL besides the ones who play in NE.

I already addressed this comment. I really don't need your opinion on how free agency works. If that is considered "pissing on your parade" then I suggest you purchase an umbrella or wear big boy pants.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Karlos Dansby is being released by the Dolphins, I'm told. In the wake of the Ellerbe news… #Freeagency

And

Just to get it out there because I know some of our fellow are saying this...OMG WHY HAVENT THE PATRIOTS SIGNED ANYONE YET? WHY? hahahahahaahahaha. To everyone, we know how BB is. Nothing will happen tonight! Tomorrow will be our big day!

So basically they traded Dansby for Ellerbe. Greatly diminishes the impact of the signing IMO.

so no one is talking greg jennings..leads me to believe he may be back with GB

per Caplan: Mike DeVito signs with Chiefs.

So basically they traded Dansby for Ellerbe. Greatly diminishes the impact of the signing IMO.

No it doesn't...they are trying to get much younger which they did

Page 14 eludes me. :laser:Have we signed Welka there?

so no one is talking greg jennings..leads me to believe he may be back with GB

Not sure that Green Bay wants him back. They really like Nelson, Jones and Cobb. Jennings wants to be a starter. I'm not sure they are willing to put Nelson or Cobb on the sidelines to do that.

apparently the Texans and Broncos have contacted him

Texans need another WR. Schaub sucks and needs more help and Broncos don't really need him so not sure why they are going for him

apparently the Texans and Broncos have contacted him

Jennings will have to temper his demands if he expects anyone to be seriously interested in him. He's been somewhat injury prone lately and is coming off of a 36 catch season last year. Those factors don't equate to him being worth the 11-12 million he was reported to be asking for, not even close.

I think we should be considering him as a replacement for Llyod--IF the rumors are true that they are thinking that way. Jennings may realistically be had for 7-8 million a year, which is close to what Boldin was getting, and could provide us with a more physical threat who is capable of opening up the middle to deeper routes on occasion, which is what most felt Llyod was brought in to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe