PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official (not rumors) 2013 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there as of 5:35 EDT.. Now there at 5:38 EDT

Free Agency for March 12th 2013
Posted by coltsindianapolis on March 12, 2013 – 5:24 pm

Agreement in principle has been reached with the following players. Check back for updates to the list!
Gosder Cherilus – OT Detroit
Greg Toler – DB Arizona
Erik Walden – LB Green Bay
Donald Thomas –OG New England

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Colts announced that they have agreed to terms with former Patriots G Donald Thomas.

Per Caplan: OT King Dunlap signs with the Chargers..

You mean that other OT and CB players were taken before Vollmer and Talib? I'm shocked I tell you..shocked. They were clearly the best players at their positions, right?

And I think that ravens have a very good shot at re-signing Reed. He's just finding out what he's worth.

i really think we have a very good shot at getting reed with colts looking at landry first

Agreement in principle has been reached with the following players. Check back for updates to the list!
Greg Toler – DB Arizona

The 5:24 was the ORIGINAL post.. Not when it was updated.. And I clicked on it as soon as you posted.. It wasn't there.. Hence my original reply.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Goldson/Barron wouldn't be bad. RT @NFLSTROUD Bucs have sent a private plane to pick up free agent S Dashon Goldson from California tonight

AND

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Source: Elvis Dumervil is now willing to take a pay cut. His side has exchanged a proposal with the Broncos, hasn't heard back since 4

You mean that other OT and CB players were taken before Vollmer and Talib? I'm shocked I tell you..shocked. They were clearly the best players at their positions, right?

It's not about other players being better. It's about who can reach a deal for a given amount first.

Your sarcasm is truly unwarranted..

Per RavensInsider: Ravens Linebacker Danell Ellerbe has reached an agreement in principle with the Dolphins..

This SUCKS.. Ellerbe was the one guy who I thought would be a great addition to the Pats.. He's a fantastic coverage LB and can handle most of the athletic TEs we see nowadays..

Ravens linebacker Dannell Ellerbe reaches agreement in principle with Miami Dolphins.

Ravens gonna be a whole new team next year.

Greg Toler deal:3 yr/ $15 Million..

So much for getting Talib on the cheap..

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
RT @RavensInsider: Dannell Ellerbe reaches agreement in principle with Miami ... Good thing Ravens saved all that cap room by dealing Boldin

@GregABedard: Boom “@RavensInsider: Ravens linebacker Dannell Ellerbe reaches agreement in principle with Miami Dolphins, per a league source

Ravens took a big hit.

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
RT @RavensInsider: Dannell Ellerbe reaches agreement in principle with Miami ... Good thing Ravens saved all that cap room by dealing Boldin

per Caplan: Colts agree to terms with DE/OLB Lawrence Sidbury

Dolphins Steal Ellerbe From Ravens: Dannell Ellerbe reaches agreement in principle with Miami Dolphins, who came ... http://wp.me/pcQbV-33n

Wow. Ok miami. Theyre becoming a threat.

Greg Toler – DB Arizona

Thomas signing is a great move.. Disappointed we didn't get Toler.

Greg Toler deal:3 yr/ $15 Million..

So much for getting Talib on the cheap..

I don't think Toler getting that deal impacts a Talib type player. Toler was really on the rise. Talib still has a lot of baggage and concerns that will impact his deal.

Browns have reached agreement with Ravens OLB Paul Kruger.
WR Mike Wallace looks headed to the Dolphins.
WR Greg Jennings was on ESPN, and his market sounded like crickets. Don't see him as an ideal fit with the Patriots, but maybe they could get in it at some point.
Eagles have released CB Nnamdi Asomugha.
TE Martellus Bennett is on his way to the Bears.
TE Anthony Fasano is headed to the Chiefs and could be signing.
Titans have reached agreement with former Bills guard Andy Levitre.
Bills released QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, a Harvard grad.
Titans are hot after 49ers TE Delanie Walker.
S Dashon Goldson is on his way to the Bucs via plane. Looks strong for him to sign there.
Former BC OT Gosder Cherilus is headed to the Lions.
Ravens LB Dannell Ellerbe has agreed to terms with the Dolphins, according to the Baltimore Sun;
Patriots backup guard Donald Thomas signed with the Colts. Will get a chance to compete for a starting job, which is what he was looking for;

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes