PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official cut players we want to sign post [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that some of the following are surprises:

Carlos Polk - LB - Cut by the Chargers - Polk was BIG the last two years stepping in for Merriman.

Stuart Schweigert - S - Cut by the Giants - He was good coming out of college.. Then got stuck on a lousy Raiders team before going to the Giants

Troy Williamson - WR- Cut by the Jaguars - Former 1st round pick..

Any WR from Dallas - Dallas lost Hurd and 2 others and then cut 4. Look for them to scour the waiver wire

Roydell Williams - WR - Titans - Not that its saying much, but he was one of their better WRs last year.

Kenton Keith - RB - Was a very good option opposite Joseph Addai last year
Jerome McDougle and Montae Reagor - DL - Cut by the Iggles

DeMario Minter - CB - Cut by Arizona - There was a ton of brouhaha over him when he was drafted...

Vernand Morency - RB - Cut by Green Bay - started last year in a battle for the starting position with Deshawn Wynn. Now both are on the unemployment line.

KK cannot catch or block though.:mad: Most Colts fans are thrilled. He is replaced by Rhodes and we kept Hart.

Reagor is having surgery so there you have it.Great guy though.

Old friends who were cut:

Reche Caldwell - WR
Decori Birmingham - RB
Hank Poteat - CB
Matt Chatham - LB
Ty Poole - CB
Rosie Colvin - LB (yesterday)
Corey Bramlet - QB
Rashad Moore - DT

Anyone else find it interesting that two QBs who the Pats looked at are now major players for the 49ers and the Falcons. J.T. O'Sullivan is not the starter for the 49ers and Chris Redman is the back-up for the Falcons. Neither made it out of training camp, but the Pats did look at both.

Last edited:
Me too, Harrington sucks and is terrible but he is far better than Cassell. At least he has started in the NFL and can take a snap from under center.

Ahhh.... the agony, I just realized the insanity of the situation, if Brady gets hurt we have Joey Harrington of a QB worse than Big Joey... insanity.

Reche Caldwell - WR
Jonathan Scott - T
Hank Poteat - CB
Matt Chatham - LB
Ty Poole - CB

I don't think Jonathan Scott was ever on the Pats.

We had some serious Ashley Lelei discussions here when he was in the draft ... great that Belichick wasn't reading our forum then.

Reche Caldwell - WR
Jonathan Scott - T
Hank Poteat - CB
Matt Chatham - LB
Ty Poole - CB
Scott wasn't....add in NT Rashad Moore RB Dicori Birmingham LB---Brandon Moore (was he picked up?

Scott wasn't....add in NT Rashad Moore RB Dicori Birmingham LB---Brandon Moore (was he picked up?
Also add in Pete McMahon...oops..cut again DT--Chris Norwell NT Henry Smith WR--Robert Ortiz WR Kevin Kasper NT Remi Ayodele TE Marcus Pollard WR-Bam Childress
OL-Chris Patrick EB---Chris Vincent C--Pat Ross

Last edited:
Also add in Pete McMahon...oops..cut again DT--Chris Norwell NT Henry Smith WR--Robert Ortiz WR Kevin Kasper NT Remi Ayodele TE Marcus Pollard WR-Bam Childress

When did the Pats have Remi Ayodele?

Wow, Polk should be brought in here immediately if not sooner. He's an excellent special teams player and unlike Izzo can also fill in at all LB positions in a pinch.

I don't think it's realistic for us to expect the Patriots to claim any players. The reason for that is that (I believe) the Patriots are no.31 out of 32 in terms of waiver priority. It just isn't very likely that a talented player that could help a team like the Patriots would slip past 30 of the 32 teams in the league. I am hoping that some of the talented guys who don't get claimed will consider the Patriots practice squad as opposed to sticking with the team that released them spot. If Dre Moore or Trae Williams are not claimed, they are 2 guys I'd like to see on the Pats practice squad, but neither could help the team immediately.

I was hoping a better CB would hit the open market today, but I think Deltha O'Neal is the best of the bunch. He would bring very good hands and play making ability to the Pats, but he's a gambler and gets beat. I assume he gets beat even more often now that he's in his early 30's. I'd still take a chance on O'Neal and hope his big plays would outweigh his big mistakes.

The other player that interests me that doesn't have to clear waivers is also a Bengal cut, Willie Anderson. It's likely that he simply doesn't have anything left, but I am still intrigued by a guy who was one of the best Right Tackles in the game just 3 years ago.

Me too, Harrington sucks and is terrible but he is far better than Cassell. At least he has started in the NFL and can take a snap from under center.

That would explain why our own former director of pro personnel cut him even as he faces starting a rookie backed up by a guy who washed out here and didn't sniff an NFL roster for 3 seasons after failing to thrive in QB starved Baltimore and a sophomore UDFA who has never taken a snap at the pro level...

At least you got the Harrington sucks part right, though...

When did they have Chris Vincent?

Good catch on Moore, I was going to point out he was on the PS too (03?).

I'm interested in considering the following to the active roster: OT Willie Anderson, LB Carlos Polk, who've been mentioned before; DT Junior Siavii, 6-5 320 behemoth whose been in the league a few yrs but is 29; DL Orien Harris from the Saints, this guy will have to be a waiver claim as will Jacob Bender, G whom the Jets released.

The following are PS considerations: Marcus Thomas, rookie RB waived by Chargers; Brett Swain, rookie WR formerly of Green Bay; UDFA Louis Rankin a RB formerly of the Raiders; Trae Williams a rookie CB who was mentioned in a previous post; Tearrius George a 1 yr LB from Dallas; G Brandyn Dombrowski formerly of San Diego; OT Jeremy Parquet formerly of Pittsburgh; Adam Kraus a 6'6" 295 rookie from Michigan that Baltimore released, QB Andre' Woodson and TE Eric Butler whom the Giants released. In addition to our guys: LB Vince Redd, CB Mike Richardson, T Stephen Sene, S Mark Dillard and RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

Last edited:
That would explain why our own former director of pro personnel cut him even as he faces starting a rookie backed up by a guy who washed out here and didn't sniff an NFL roster for 3 seasons after failing to thrive in QB starved Baltimore and a sophomore UDFA who has never taken a snap at the pro level...

At least you got the Harrington sucks part right, though...

So you are saying Cassell is a competent NFL backup? Wow

So you are saying Cassell is a competent NFL backup? Wow

I'll agree w/him. Harrington isn't that much of an upgrade over Cassel at this point. He is a name nothing more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back