PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official cut players we want to sign post [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying Cassell is a competent NFL backup? Wow

No, Bill is. And for the second season in a row. Actually it's for the fourth time since Bill only brought Doug and Vinny in to serve as sounding boards and mentors and dire emergency QB's to cover in game injuries. Had Brady been lost long term he'd have transitioned to the youngster knowing that the limits of effectiveness in Flutie and Testaverde's games would be short term due to age, height, and the league having extensive books on them.

Are you saying Harrington is a competent NFL backup? WOW, cause Tom Dimitroff apparently didn't think so and Belioli taught him how to think about NFL football...

I'm interested in considering the following to the active roster: OT Willie Anderson, LB Carlos Polk, who've been mentioned before; DT Junior Siavii, 6-5 320 behemoth whose been in the league a few yrs but is 29; DL Orien Harris from the Saints, this guy will have to be a waiver claim as will Jacob Bender, G whom the Jets released.

Why would you want Jacob Bender? He was horrible last year for the Jets. As for Siavii, he's not done anything in the league since he was drafted 3 rounds too early by the Chiefs.

The following are PS considerations: Marcus Thomas, rookie RB waived by Chargers; Brett Swain, rookie WR formerly of Green Bay; UDFA Louis Rankin a RB formerly of the Raiders; Trae Williams a rookie CB who was mentioned in a previous post; Tearrius George a 1 yr LB from Dallas; G Brandyn Dombrowski formerly of San Diego; OT Jeremy Parquet formerly of Pittsburgh; Adam Kraus a 6'6" 295 rookie from Michigan that Baltimore released, QB Andre' Woodson and TE Eric Butler whom the Giants released. In addition to our guys: LB Vince Redd, CB Mike Richardson, T Stephen Sene, S Mark Dillard and RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

Interesting list.

No, Bill is. And for the second season in a row. Actually it's for the fourth time since Bill only brought Doug and Vinny in to serve as sounding boards and mentors and dire emergency QB's to cover in game injuries. Had Brady been lost long term he'd have transitioned to the youngster knowing that the limits of effectiveness in Flutie and Testaverde's games would be short term due to age, height, and the league having extensive books on them.

Are you saying Harrington is a competent NFL backup? WOW, cause Tom Dimitroff apparently didn't think so and Belioli taught him how to think about NFL football...

Rohan Davey, Michael Bishop.

I forgot the part about BB always being right, sorry to be critical.

Last edited:
Rohan Davey, Michael Bishop.

I forgot the part about BB always being right, sorry to be critical.

No one said BB is always right. However, you and several others here act like BB is always WRONG and that BB hasn't had 7 straight winning seasons, and in 6 of those, the team put up double digit wins. You don't accept that fans don't have all the information and that there are very large portions of the evaluation process we never even hear about.

No one said BB is always right. However, you and several others here act like BB is always WRONG and that BB hasn't had 7 straight winning seasons, and in 6 of those, the team put up double digit wins. You don't accept that fans don't have all the information and that there are very large portions of the evaluation process we never even hear about.

Exactamundo.

I just said Cassell sucks, no one can argue that BB doesn't know what he is doing. To be clear I said Cassell sucks harder than Harrington, although they are both terrible and could well suck equally.

Harrington is MUCH better than Cassell in my opinion.
It's not even close.

Deltha O'Neal and Ahmad Brooks were also cut by the Bengals.. Brooks is very talented, i wonder what's going on over there in Cincinnati

Brooks appeared in 13 games, starting 7 with a grand total of 37 tackles and 2 sacks in his 2 yrs in Cincinnati. He's also had off the field issues in college and in the NFL. Deltha O'Neal is worth a look if he still can run.

Why would you want Jacob Bender? He was horrible last year for the Jets. As for Siavii, he's not done anything in the league since he was drafted 3 rounds too early by the Chiefs.

Interesting list.

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that Bender was horrible for the Jets since he only played in 2 games for them. Personally, I liked Bender coming out of college. He was a small school prospect but now he is strong to go along with his athleticism he displayed in college. He also has developmental quialites you look for in an NFL OL plus he has added weight and strength which were weaknesses coming out. He is a physical run blocker with good leg drive and he pops off the snap, he uses his hands well and is light on his feet. He has quickness to gain an advantage quickly off thw snap and moves well laterally so he is good on pulls. Plays with good knee bend and balance and he picks up stunts well.

I think Siavii can serve a role as a backup NT. He is a very strong kid who has a big body as mentioned and one thing we could use is a NT off the bench who can hold up at the point of attack because currently we have no one after Wilfork that can do that. Although he might not fit our style D.

Last edited:
I don't know how you came to the conclusion that Bender was horrible for the Jets since he only played in 2 games for them. Personally, I liked Bender coming out of college. He was a small school prospect but now he is strong to go along with his athleticism he displayed in college. He also has developmental quialites you look for in an NFL OL plus he has added weight and strength which were weaknesses coming out. He is a physical run blocker with good leg drive and he pops off the snap, he uses his hands well and is light on his feet. He has quickness to gain an advantage quickly off thw snap and moves well laterally so he is good on pulls. Plays with good knee bend and balance and he picks up stunts well.

The Jets had high hopes for Bender last year. But he played poorly in the 2 games he played in. Its one of the reasons they went out and got Faneca and Woody.

I think Siavii can serve a role as a backup NT. He is a very strong kid who has a big body as mentioned and one thing we could use is a NT off the bench who can hold up at the point of attack because currently we have no one after Wilfork that can do that. Although he might not fit our style D.

Siavii is a former 2nd round pick who was taken way too high by the Chiefs. While the Pats could use a NT off the bench, I don't believe that Siavii is it. Maybe if he had been originally drafted by the Pats, but not now.

The Jets had high hopes for Bender last year. But he played poorly in the 2 games he played in. Its one of the reasons they went out and got Faneca and Woody.

Siavii is a former 2nd round pick who was taken way too high by the Chiefs. While the Pats could use a NT off the bench, I don't believe that Siavii is it. Maybe if he had been originally drafted by the Pats, but not now.

You can't compare Faneca to Bender. Bender is a developmental prospect with some size @ 6'6", 315 and nice agility for a big man, Faneca an all-pro.

Last edited:
Bring back bam childress!!!

You can't compare Faneca to Bender. Bender is a developmental prospect with some size @ 6'6", 315 and nice agility for a big man, Faneca an all-pro.

You are missing the point. The Jets thought Bender would make enough progress last year to stay with the team. He didn't. And he played horribly when he did play. So they had a huge hole to be filled..

And I said Faneca AND Woody. Anyone should be better than Damian "I've never seen a hamburger I wouldn't eat" Woody at RT.

Lombardi's take:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008/08/national-football-post-brunch-news-2/

6. I would not be surprised, based on the lack of depth in the league at defensive line, if someone claimed Junior Siavii of the Cowboys. Siavii is a former second round pick of the Chiefs who was injured and might now be healthy. He is a very big and powerful man.

You are missing the point. The Jets thought Bender would make enough progress last year to stay with the team. He didn't. And he played horribly when he did play. So they had a huge hole to be filled..

And I said Faneca AND Woody. Anyone should be better than Damian "I've never seen a hamburger I wouldn't eat" Woody at RT.

It's a #'s game w/them. They have 2 other developmental prospects in Turner and Hunter they liked better.

Hey, the Cardinals cut Monty Beisel, let's bring him in!
j/k

Most of these have been mentioned before, but here's a few names I thought may deserve consideration.

OL - Willie Anderson, Toniu Fonoti, Jeremy Parquet, Chris Naeole
DL - Remi Ayodele, Jerome McDougle
LB - Ryan Nece, Roosevelt Colvin, Carlos Polk, Vince Redd, Ahmad Brooks
CB - Deltha O'Neal, Hank Poteat, Ty Poole, Trae Williams, Mike Richardson

Re: Official Cut Players We Want To Sign Post

our friend eugene wilson earned a spot

Hey, the Cardinals cut Monty Beisel, let's bring him in!
j/k

Most of these have been mentioned before, but here's a few names I thought may deserve consideration.

OL - Willie Anderson, Toniu Fonoti, Jeremy Parquet, Chris Naeole
DL - Remi Ayodele, Jerome McDougle
LB - Ryan Nece, Roosevelt Colvin, Carlos Polk, Vince Redd, Ahmad Brooks
CB - Deltha O'Neal, Hank Poteat, Ty Poole, Trae Williams, Mike Richardson

Giants picked up McDougle.
Vince Redd and Mike Richardson have signed to the Pats Practice Squad.

QB12

Giants picked up McDougle.
Vince Redd and Mike Richardson have signed to the Pats Practice Squad.

QB12

I am surprised that a team like Tampa didn't want McDougle

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back