PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Brady vs. NFL Federal Court 8/12 Thread (LIVE UPDATES)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We have no evidence so we need you to submit so we can later **** over your fellow players due to precedent."

Goodell is really the biggest POS currently on planet earth.

This is what it has always been about to me.
The league wants a stranglehold over the players, and that is it sole objective.
This is how they convinced Kraft to commit mutiny on his franchise.

What the league is now saying (and have been all along apparently) is:

We have your golden boy by the balls, because someone accused him and we can pretend we meet a shallow burden even though the only evidence is in our minds.
So we will give Brady a lesser suspension, if you give us more power, and say we can do whatever we want, and then when you complain how unfair what you agreed to was, we will cut the penalty in half.

This isn't about Brady, its about leverage in the future.

If I'm Judge Berman, here's my private discussion with the NFL in the settlement talks:

"Look, you just went on record saying you have no proof of deflation and that the deflation gave no competitive advantage in the game but your position is that this penalty is consistent with 'reasonably judged' language of the player's conduct clause? FU-SETTLE THIS NOW!"

AND

"offer him a similar fine to the Bret Favre fine, GTFO of my court, and stop wasting my time."

It was pretty funny listening to D&C earlier. I rarely listen but they've been good on the deflate gate coverage. They tricked Chase into saying he'd read a part of the Wells Report that didn't exist. He is a moron.

Completely off-topic, but do you know why Zolak and Bertrand are not on right now?

Is chris chase supposse to be somebody, or is he just another jest fan with a twiiter account?

Last edited:
Looking at Chase's columns and it becomes clear he's not really a media voice worth thinking about all that much nor a guy we should care what he thinks about our team.

Think Gregg Easterbrook....a couple of floors below him. Nuff said.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 8m8 minutes ago
There are no further settlement talks scheduled for today in Brady case. NFL continues to insist on guilt admission I'm told

Is this McCarty-era America? This is utterly ridiculous. How can you possibly force someone to perjure themselves?!

Chris ChaseVerified account‏@ChrisChaseFTW
@footballfacts Just because there's no proof of something, does it mean it didn't happen?

Is he serious?
640f0fcdc13740218918dd078ed9f2a2.jpg

If I'm Judge Berman, here's my private discussion with the NFL in the settlement talks:

"Look, you just went on record saying you have no proof of deflation and that the deflation gave no competitive advantage in the game but your position is that this penalty is consistent with 'reasonably judged' language of the player's conduct clause? FU-SETTLE THIS NOW!"

AND

"offer him a similar fine to the Bret Favre fine, GTFO of my court, and stop wasting my time."

So that the real fun can begin..

Max Stendahl ‏@MaxLaw360 57m57 minutes ago
About eight lawyers just emerged from Judge Berman's courtroom. They all refused to comment.
Max Stendahl ‏@MaxLaw360 54m54 minutes ago
Jeff Kessler said "have a nice day" as he got into the elevator to leave. Brady/Goodell not present.
Max Stendahl ‏@MaxLaw360 27m27 minutes ago
There is no hearing tomorrow, according to a court official. The parties are next scheduled to meet in court Aug. 19 for oral arguments.
Max Stendahl ‏@MaxLaw360 27m27 minutes ago
For the record, today's settlement conference lasted about two hours.

The more stubborn the NFL remains, the more scathing Berman will be. At least that's what i think.

i agree. brady can at least say "i did nothing wrong" so I will settle for a fine only.

Looking forward to Kessler's filing tomorrow.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 8m8 minutes ago
There are no further settlement talks scheduled for today in Brady case. NFL continues to insist on guilt admission I'm told

Is this McCarty-era America? This is utterly ridiculous. How can you possibly force someone to perjure themselves?!
Sounds like the league has no intentions of settling. They'd rather lose in court, and I hope they do. Berman has to see which side is reasonable, which side has twisted the facts (or lack thereof), and which side has refused to concede anything.

The league is acting like a bunch of arrogant punks and the NFLPA has been more than reasonable.

I wouldn't get my hopes up that the NFL will be "reasonable".

It's because they are putting on a face, nothing more nothing less. This is more about them not wanting to set the precedent that player suspensions can be negotiated into fines.

And the judge probably knows it. So does Kessler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST