PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2008 NFL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the good O-linemen are getting selected. So, I have to wonder if the Steelers are going to select Groves? They don't really need a LB, but they've been interested, and their coaches staff supposedly loves him. The 49ers are supposed to be interested with their first, and the Dolphins could take him at the top of the second round. Remember, Parcells LOVES pass rushing LB's.

Last edited:
A lot of the good O-linemen are getting selected. So, I have to wonder if the Steelers are going to select Groves? They don't really need a LB, but they've been interested, and their coaches staff supposedly loves him. The 49ers are supposed to be interested with their first, and the Dolphins could take him at the top of the second round. Remember, Parcells LOVES pass rushing LB's.

Phillip Merling is another possibility for these teams. Yeah, he's a little big at 270, but he's got good measurables. Lawrence Jackson and Calais Campbell could make sense, too.

Tampa Bay's told Mike Jenkins they're going to select him at this spot....let's see if that was BS.

He's been rumored to be interested in Groves at exactly that spot. But there's also the Henne factor. The dolphins have San Diego's 2nd round pick as well, so they could get him there if he falls that far.

Phillip Merling is another possibility for these teams. Yeah, he's a little big at 270, but he's got good measurables. Lawrence Jackson and Calais Campbell could make sense, too.

Merling seems like more of a 34 DE project, but he would need to gain some weight. Balmer's an option for teams looking at 34 DE's, too.

Jackson is an option at OLB for these teams though, and Avril could go a little higher than some expect. Parts of his game remind me of Colvin.

So, the Bucs go CB at 20th, but they don't select Jenkins? I guess they just pulled the same thing on him, that Dallas pulled on Joey Porter.

Oh, and I can't see taking someone at 20th overall who's tested positive for marijuana use three times! I also think he needs to improve his footwork, has some bad habits, and can also have lapses in coverage.

Last edited:
And it's neither: Talib. Trust no one. :)

Makes me wonder if the Pats leaked so much about Gholston to make the Jets take him so they could laugh, since most people see him as workout warrior and fairly inconsistent in college.

So, the Bucs go CB at 20th, but they don't select Jenkins? I guess they just pulled the same thing on him, that Dallas pulled on Joey Porter.

Oh, and I can't see taking someone at 20th overall who's tested positive for marijuana use three times! I also think he needs to improve his footwork, has some bad habits, and can also have lapses in coverage.

*inhales* come on man *exhales* its allllllll goooooood

Dale and Mike mention how Cherilus joining the Lions means there's two BC guys on that line, him and Woody. Except Woody's a Jet. They've had a few of these pretty noticeable gaffes tonight.

Atlanta trades up...how about Thomas to pair with ryan?

Baker to the Falcons to protect their shiny new QB. WOW this has gotta be a RECORD for OL taken in the first round!!

Atlanta grabs Baker to shore up the line. Can he play an NFL left tackle? (If Matt Light can...)

The Boys are on the clock. I'm thinking their selecting two of these players with their two first round picks:

Mendenhall (didn't expect him to still be on the board, would be a steal for them)
Kenny Phillips (best Safety in the draft, and I know the Cowboys like him)
Mike Jenkins (The Cowboys like both he and Flowers at CB)
Brandon Flowers
Chris Johnson (Has the speed Jerry loves, and I think he would be a very good compliment to Barber)
Felix Jones (maybe)

Last edited:
The Boys are on the clock. I'm thinking their selecting two of these players with their two first round picks:

Mendenhall
Kenny Phillips
Mike Jenkins
Brandon Flowers
Chris Johnson
Felix Jones (maybe)

I still can't believe mendenhall has dropped this far

Felix Jones to the Boys. Steelers should hop on Mendenhall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes