PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2008 NFL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gozzie goes to the Lions. Frankly, I think he's hugely overrated (this from a BC guy) and draws alot of holding flags.

The Lions have said they want to run the ball more. They are going to take Rashard Mendenhall, I think.

I thought so too. But it looks as if its not in the cards

If your definition of "worth a damn" involves All-Pro selections, that's a pretty narrow definition and doesn't really leave you with much to choose from. I guess you'd prefer a New Mexico linebacker because of Urlacher?

Actually, I don't think it's too much to use "worth a damn" to mean average starter. Heck, even using average starter eliminated all those Tennessee linebackers except Wilson.

I predict a big run (no pun intended) on running backs and db's in the late first, early second

Obviously, Cason is my #1 target. After him (or in place of), look for the Pats to target Flowers or Wheatley (my sleeper) by round three, and CB Jack Williams later on.

Also, keep an eye on Avril and Robertson on the edge. Crable, although flawed, may also be a target. All three have positives to seriously consider.

Ravens trade up. Mayock says they will pick Flacco.

Wow, Flacco in the first round. That's surprising. Delaware in the first round...just wow.

Flacco has quite the arm. Two DI-AA guys in the first 20 picks. Interesting draft.

Kansas City is rocking this draft.

Flacco has quite the arm. Two DI-AA guys in the first 20 picks. Interesting draft.

I think the biggest surprise to me about this is that Flacco has kinda come outta nowhere since the combine to be the #2 QB taken, and in round 1 no less.

Don't underestimate the D2 guys. How did Roethlisberger turn out? Superbowl win in his 2nd year in the pros.

74 yard passes. Then again, so did Boller. Baltimore hopes Flacco's leadership skills and brain are the difference. Seems like a pretty good kid. Whither Chad Henne?

Brian Brohm has a strange resemblance with Lloyd Christmas.

it's so obvious jets and bills are drafting to stop our offense. DE gholston @ #6 overall was a reach (he's another D'Brickashaw bust methinks) and if Bills think McKevin will be a shut down corner on Moss they are seriously mistaken. Randy will have that dumb kid out of the league in a few years

The panthers seriously should pick a QB. Unless they think Matt Moore is the future.

Don't underestimate the D2 guys. How did Roethlisberger turn out? Superbowl win in his 2nd year in the pros.

For one, it's DI-AA. Also, Miami (Ohio) plays in the MAC. Which is in DI-A. Steve McNair was the last (and maybe only) DI-AA QB taken in the 1st round. Tarvaris Jackson was taken in the 2nd.

Last edited:
Are the panthers ever going to accept that jake delhomme isn't going to be there forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News