PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offense. Getting Guys 'Their Numbers' vs Taking What the D Gives You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is I dont get why you dont try and get your best WR in the game. We did that against the Falcons with Moss and we won going away. All other teams find a way to get their best players in the game. You think Reggie Wayne or Larry Fitzgerald arent double covered each week?

That game last night I saw two exciting offenses, using different looks and schemes, and mutiple players getting the ball. I saw deep throws, wildcats, end arounds, RB's out the backfield

We need to use Watson like the Colts use Clark, Maroney out the backfield, our 3d WR needs to be involved. Defenses need to on their toes and not know what's coming. Right now all you have to do is blitz as 9 times out of 10 Brady is rattled and the ball is thrown away

We have Welker underneath or a screen and er, thats it. Bill O'Brian needs to learn some more plays

IMO we need a REAL 3rd receiver. Make other Defenses know that if Moss is doubled and Welker is the only other receiving option as a threat why not get another top threat receiver. BB doesn't run consistantly. TE are invisible. 3rd receiver might open up more for O.

we used to take what the defense gives u....but now we play to our strength.....

The old teams used to suffer devastating injuries all the time and have resilience.

The new team can't win a game if Welker has a bad game.

it was just a good game plan by the saints and it was all most the same one the g man used to beat the pats in the SB

now not all the playoff team's can get to the QB with 4 guy's like the saints did on monday

they did not kill brady the way the g man did but they did just a nuff to throw him off he's game

they just stoped moss, i dont think it had much to do with Sharper and McKenzie haveing played vs moss alot when they where with the packers because moss had some of he's best game's vs the packers

now because the saints stoped the deep ball of moss welkers 6 rec only went for 32 yerd's

and any one that think's that moss dose not open up what wlker dose will the numbers dont lie

now the pats where able to run the ball they just chose not to

im sure if the pats ran the ball and throw a few more 8 yerd routs they could have got at lest one more TD

but they where not going to win that game the D played just to bad

the pats O is just way to soft

and the D after 11 week's in still looks like they can't pick up BB's defense scheme

now im not going to say the pats need a new defense scheme thats just crazy cause BB has won with it

but maybe he need to make it even more simple for them after 11 week's they are still blowing the coverage and dont know where to line up

it can't be just the crowd noise cause they played at indy just one week befor in a dome and the jets game was louder then the saints where

it's not a good thing when the #16 defense in the NFL can just shut down the #2 offense in the NFL

is Gregg Williams realy that good of a DC i dont think so

it's not a good thing when the #16 defense in the NFL can just shut down the #2 offense in the NFL

We've seen this before. 2007 Superbowl, 2001 Superbowl. It happens with the prolific offense refuses to just win the game a different way, and insists on doing it a certain way.

Is mav having a competition with himself to see how many times he can start a new thread saying the same thing in negligibly different ways? I certainly seems that way...

Is mav having a competition with himself to see how many times he can start a new thread saying the same thing in negligibly different ways? I certainly seems that way...

Actually, he is just bumping his old threads from previous months. I think he is treating us to his greatest hits of his insanity.

Last edited:
Mav needs a break from the computer I think. :rolleyes:

IMO we need a REAL 3rd receiver..

Why do you keep trying to force the spread shotgun formation? If we don't have the personnel, then change the freaking scheme. We have two decent tight ends who are completely under-utilized by this coordinator. O'Brien the rookie has called an astounding 75% of our passing attempts from the shotgun spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News