PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T Antonio Cromartie Evicting Mom From House He Bought Her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any man who can call Brady as ***hole and then realize the error of his ways is alright with me on some small level. He was one of the few who understood very early on that the punishment for Defamegate was bad for everyone, not just TB12. And he has talked highly of TB12 for a few years now as well.

No clue what the story is with his mother and Jets player or not, we're definitely one fan base that should know better than to judge without knowing all the details for obvious reasons.:)

why is that? you making an Hernandez reference?

What sort of arsehole millionaire sportsman buys his mum a house then asks her to pay off the mortgage. The title is wrong.. he didn't buy her a house. She is in a no different situation renting a house.
Buying someone a house also means handing over the title deeds to the property.

You don't want to be him.

Dropping $338k a year in child support is worse than rotting in Guantanamo Bay.
Derek Fisher pays like 100k in spousal support and 15k in child support per month...this system is whack. Isn't the purpose of child support to pay what is necessary to support the kid? No single kid could possible cost 180k per year to raise.

Eh, I dunno. Lots of players have family members and friends who transform into leeches. Perhaps Cro's mom got greedy.
Quite possibly, we might not have the full story.

Derek Fisher pays like 100k in spousal support and 15k in child support per month...this system is whack. Isn't the purpose of child support to pay what is necessary to support the kid? No single kid could possible cost 180k per year to raise.

I think alimony/spousal support is ******** - my opinion only. I can see dividing up assets and trying to get a deal done but to pay spousal support is absurd. Maybe pay a little xtra for day care or some kind of tuition, healthcare or training so the stay-at-home spouse can get a job so they can re-enter the workforce be self-sustaining but yea, I agree.

Its a touchy topic.

Yea, Terrell Owens has $44,000 a month in child support and he's supposedly broke. The court does have a petition that the father can submit to reduce payment. It is a little out of whack.

What kind of mortgage is only $700 per month??? Sounds like he is asking her to pay the taxes on the property..........................
My mortgage on the house we just bought is just south of $700 a month. But we only paid $96k for the house and it needs some work.

After the crap I've take as a Pats fan for the last 9 years... I am very comfortable with passing judgement on other players and teams "without all of the facts". F 'em!
To each his or her own. Certainly wouldn't judge you for that, as much as I may see things differently.

Eh, not going to judge him on this one. None of us know the nature of their relationship, and on the face of it it doesn't seem that unreasonable to ask someone to pay the $700 per month mortgage for their own house.
and we all know that some families really try and take advantage of these guys

and we all know that some families really try and take advantage of these guys
Absolutely! You learn of "relatives" you never knew existed...someone who may have cleaned your snotty nose one time is all of a sudden your uncle. Lol

Last edited:

This is my gripe with child support as well. It's totally hogwash!

There is this ridiculous term used to screw men over in divorce court.. "accustomed lifestyle".

It's not that the mother and kid need $180k, it's that she is "accustom" to the lifestyle he provided for her and in the courts eyes, you still apparently need to provide that lifestyle after you're no longer together..

Its really archaic, as are most divorce laws, some of which are like 100+ years old.

I'm sure the guy was "accustom" to certain things that he'll no longer be getting, so I don't understand this philosophy that you can leave the person your with but still get all the financial benefits that come with being married to them without being married..

Its pure craziness, and one of the reasons the younger generations statistically are opting out of marriage at alarmingly high numbers.. until the divorce laws get updated to be more in line with the modern day work force, that trend will continue

What sort of arsehole millionaire sportsman buys his mum a house then asks her to pay off the mortgage. The title is wrong.. he didn't buy her a house. She is in a no different situation renting a house.
Buying someone a house also means handing over the title deeds to the property.

Probably one that has 14 kids he's paying child support to and is now broke.... luxuries like free houses for family members takes a back seat on the priority list once the money faucet starts running dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News