PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NYT: Walsh sends tapes to Goodell, NO walkthrough tape, all from 2000-2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Breaking News : NYT - Matt Walsh & Tapes

As I suspected. Mike Fish admitted a few weeks back that when he interviewed Walsh that he did not know that the Pats admitted that they taped signals all the way back to 2000. Walsh thought he had something with more defensive signals.

It looks like this whole saga will be over next week.

New York Times is reporting that Matt Walsh has given 8 tapes to the NFL - of games that were taped between 2000 and 2002. There is no video tape of the Rams walk through.

MAN, I'm glad this is almost over!

Just heard on my XM driving home: ESPN talking head reports "Smoking gun", even though there's no walk through tape. Moving the goalposts in action. Get ready.
Many of them probably STILL think we only admitted to 2006 and later.

WRONG. *******S.

So as far as we know now...

Walsh stole tapes that we already knew existed.

He wasn't Tomase's "source." :rolleyes:

In other words, nada.

Honestly, from start to finish "spygate" has been the biggest story about NOTHING I can ever remember.

It'll be mentioned, it won't "die" but there will be absolutely no new penalties. No suspensions, no more stolen draft choices. That's all I care about. People can go to hell with their opinions about us.

Again I think this was so sensitive , for me at least, the pats were coming off the most depressing loss ever, then we have all this crap with walsh on top of it.. So I took this walsh think a little too much, until the super bowl loss wore off somewhat, even though it has not totally and it never will, but came to my senses on this walsh crap that it is all it is...

Reminded me of the 86 pats when they lost that super bowl, and then the drug scandel came

97 when we lost to the pack, the parcells crap happened..

So its always when we lose a super bowl, some kind of crap happens , so I guess the solution, dont lose anymore super bowls:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Me thinks that the suits in the Herald’s legal department are brushing up on defamation law, Mr. Tomase is updating his resume and those talking heads at the four letter network have to fins some way to spin this……

Here’s the crap that started it all……and the senior senator from Pennsylvania owes someone an apology...Don't hold your breath waiting.....

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...w.bg?articleid=1070762&srvc=sports&position=0

Source: Pats employee filmed Rams
By John Tomase
Saturday, February 2, 2008 - Updated 82d 9h ago

PHOENIX - One night before the Patriots [team stats] face the Giants in Super Bowl XLII, new allegations have emerged about a Patriots employee taping the Rams’ final walkthrough before Super Bowl XXXVI.

According to a source, a member of the team’s video department filmed the Rams’ final walkthrough before that 2002 game. The next day, the Patriots upset St. Louis, 20-17, on a last-second field goal by Adam Vinatieri for their first championship

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/03/21/specter-to-limbaugh-there-was-filming/

Senator Spector’s quote on Rush Linmbaugh’s show

They are role models. If you can cheat in the NFL, you can cheat in college or high school or sixth grade math test. I think ultimately, Rush, if we get enough fire under it, they’re going to have to show those letters — and when they do, they’re going to have to change their tune and let Walsh testify, because those reports are looking pretty strong, but there was filming for the 2002 Super Bowl.

so, what should Kraft name the Herald?

Me thinks that the suits in the Herald’s legal department are brushing up on defamation law, Mr. Tomase is updating his resume and those talking heads at the four letter network have to fins some way to spin this……

Here’s the crap that started it all……and the senior senator from Pennsylvania owes someone an apology...Don't hold your breath waiting.....

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...w.bg?articleid=1070762&srvc=sports&position=0

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/03/21/specter-to-limbaugh-there-was-filming/

Id say we email Spectar again when this is all over, with that quote..

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

WALSH HAS NO WALK-THROUGH TAPE
Posted by Mike Florio on May 7, 2008, 9:24 p.m.

Former Pats video employee Matt Walsh has turned over videotapes to the NFL. As widely believed in NFL circles, and contrary to a February 2 report from the Boston Herald, the tapes do not include images of the Rams’ walk-through practive prior to Super Bowl XXXVI.

The New York Times reports that Walsh possesses no such tape.

“Mr. Walsh has never claimed to have a tape of the walk-through,” Walsh’s lawyer, Michael Levy, said in a telephone interview. “Mr. Walsh has never been the source of any of the media speculation about such a tape. Mr. Walsh was not the source for the Feb. 2 Boston Herald article.”

Based on everything we’ve heard over the past several months, we believe that Walsh was the source.

The tapes show videotaping of defensive coaching signals, something for which the Patriots already have been punished.

Walsh is scheduled to meet with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on May 13.

Hate to even mention this, but...as far as I know, Tomase has never in any way indicated that Walsh was his source. That was just a big fat assumption on everybody's part. So this really changes nothing where he's concerned.

so, what should Kraft name the Herald?

Patriots Football Weekly :D

Re: Reiss' thoughts on Walsh meeting

The Boston Herald reported the day before this year’s Super Bowl that a tape of the Rams existed, citing an anonymous source.

Walsh does not possess such a tape, Levy said.

“Mr. Walsh has never claimed to have a tape of the walk-through,” Levy said in a telephone interview. “Mr. Walsh has never been the source of any of the media speculation about such a tape. Mr. Walsh was not the source for the Feb. 2 Boston Herald article.”

What a lying sack of sh*t. :violent:

Hate to even mention this, but...as far as I know, Tomase has never in any way indicated that Walsh was his source. That was just a big fat assumption on everybody's part. So this really changes nothing where he's concerned.

This is true, so the question is who was his source, but it was poor investigation if Walsh was believed to be the source, another bad mark on Espn 's record..

Big surprise, no walkthrough tape. End of story. As far as the media goes they can keep babbling on about this nonsense as I'm sure they will. Thank god "Spy Gate", which the name Spy Gate itself speaks for how overexaggerated this thing is, is almost over. Lets get on with the 08 season.

It was a big game with tomASSe and Girlie (Felger). One of the SB pregame shows Girlie literally looked like he had an orgasm ready to burst talking about "if the rumors that have been circulating are true . . . WATCH OUT".

D!CKS.

Not really. If no tapes exist (of the walkthru) and he acted with actual malice, that is he knew it to be false or acted with reckless disregard for the truth, he and the Herald could be liable under the law governing defamation/libel against public figures.
NY Times v Sullivan set the standard in 1964...

http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cach...re"&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Thank you John Tomase and Boston Herald

Per the New York Times, Walsh attorney Levy says his client has no tape of the Rams walk-through session. Now the Times cites the Boston Herald standing alone, with Tomase quoting anonymous sources to verify the existence of the walk-through tapes in the pre-Super story.

Thank you John Tomase for ruining our Super Bowl before it was even played.

Last edited:
Re: Thank you John Tomase and Boston Herald

Per the New York Times, Walsh attorney Levy says his client has no tape of the Rams walk-through session. Now the Times cites the Boston Herald standing alone, with Tomase quoting anonymous sources to verify the existence of the walk-through tapes in the pre-Super story.

Thank you John Tomase for ruining our Super Bowl before it was even played.

Again I would like to add, a big shout out to espn for more aggrivation we as fans did not need..

And a big shout out to my senator from Pa Arlon Spector... Thank you for proving what politcians are.. TOOLS...

I'm probably wrong on this but did Specter claim that Matt Walsh DID have a walk through tape?

Like others, I'm hateful and bitter at many people. But if this is all there is I'm just glad we can move on without any more penalties. 2008 all the way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back