One question that I have after all this bull is how the person in

charge of the Pats video department permitted an employee to steal

eight tapes? Why didn't the Pats walk Walsh to the door immediately

after he was terminated?

after he was terminated?
My guess is that Walsh didn't physically steal tapes, he made copies for himself. In a video editing department that would be pretty easy to do.

Walsh is an opportunist and he's getting his 15 minutes. And all of us are helping him.

We may have taped the 2002 AFCCG but the Steelers have already come out and said that our taping was a "non-issue". I wonder if this is because they really felt that they wouldn't have won anyway, or if we have some sort of dirt on them doing the same thing?

I will be waiting with baited breath for a retraction from Spector, Easterbrook, ALL of the ESPN guys, John Tomasse, and, in particular, all the fans of other teams who've piled on. I can't even read anything in those ESPN forums about the Pats.. There are a lot of morons with Internet access, unfortunately.

Hey there Pats fans. For the most part, I keep my posts to the Pub (hey Keegs) and the Visitor Locker Room. I wanted to today though make a statement as an opposing team's fan. Thank freaking God there is no walk through tape. Seriously. I don't know what the punishment for a such a thing would have been, but that had the potential of being the biggest scandel in sports since the Black Sox fixed the World Series. I'm so glad that the sport I love wasn't damaged in that way. Taping signals, whatever, I've stated it before, change your freaking signals, especially in the playoffs.

As a fan of the game, I'm so happy that the rumored SB walkthrough tape was just that, a rumor and a lie. The game I love, regardless of its flaws, won't have to go through that type of scandel.

Good luck this season, look forward to playing you punks (meant in jest) this December!!!

(Oh, by the way, I guarentee we won't be making any guarentees this year.)

My lord... Where did you come from? That is the single most intelligent statement that I have EVER heard from an opposing teams fan... in any sport.

I have always said before that I enjoy talking with fans of other teams as long as they are intelligent. Thoughtful, passionate discussion, and good natured razzing about your favorite teams and how they stack up against each other, are some of the best things about being a sports fan. Not just locking yourself up with fans of your own team.

Other good teams going against your own, make the sport enjoyable. I enjoy a good game against the Steelers/Colts/Chargers any day, over games against crappy teams.

So thank you for not being another ignorant, jealous fan (it seems being a fan of a successful team usually helps) and as far as I am concerned, you are always welcome here.

FootballFanetic can still go french kiss a blender :rocker:

You know what i would like to see. They suppose to receive the tapes from Walsh today.

If there is nothing new, why does Goodell not come forward tomorrow or Monday and say that the investigation is OVER and he doesn't need to see Walsh next Tuesday.?

I am just watching ESPN and it is hilarious seeing Mike and Mike completely backtrack from everything they have said. These guys are now praising the Patriots for being the best organization in football. What a ******* joke after they have tried to drag everybody through the mud the last few months.

I am just watching ESPN and it is hilarious seeing Mike and Mike completely backtrack from everything they have said. These guys are now praising the Patriots for being the best organization in football. What a ******* joke after they have tried to drag everybody through the mud the last few months.

**** THEM!! THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF FRAUDS. :mad:
I'm not in a forgiving mood today...maybe tomorrow.

Oh and Tomase can go **** himself too. :mad:

tomase needs to go because he didn't get a right source to publish his rubbish.

after he was terminated?

he could have made a copy of each tape prior to his termination.

**** THEM!! THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF FRAUDS. :mad:
I'm not in a forgiving mood today...maybe tomorrow.

Oh and Tomase can go **** himself too. :mad:

what she said. :mad::mad:

Re: Breaking News : NYT - Matt Walsh & Tapes

Read it, the Chargers game it did not help, we lost...

The Stillers game, well if Kordell Stewart did not suck ,they might have won that game.. Or if Bledose hit Joey Porter with that pass..

As an outsider, let me inject some thoughts into this.

Firstly, I think this is a dead issue or soon to be so you Pats fan can move on.

Second, this post represents a common MISCONCEPTION of how the taping will help a team. It does not help them during the game. It only helps them with future games.

The tapes show the signals that a coach is giving and then a shot of the scoreboard with the score, down and distance. The play itself is not videotaped. Afterwards, the signal & time code is matched to the game tape to decode what plays are being called.

So please, don't say that it didn't help because the Pats lost the game where the taping occurred. Rather, you should look at games vs that same opponent after the taping and see if there was an improvement.

My lord... Where did you come from? That is the single most intelligent statement that I have EVER heard from an opposing teams fan... in any sport.

I have always said before that I enjoy talking with fans of other teams as long as they are intelligent. Thoughtful, passionate discussion, and good natured razzing about your favorite teams and how they stack up against each other, are some of the best things about being a sports fan. Not just locking yourself up with fans of your own team.

Other good teams going against your own, make the sport enjoyable. I enjoy a good game against the Steelers/Colts/Chargers any day, over games against crappy teams.

So thank you for not being another ignorant, jealous fan (it seems being a fan of a successful team usually helps) and as far as I am concerned, you are always welcome here.

FootballFanetic can still go french kiss a blender :rocker:

I agree! Dino 5 ring rocks and is a great Steelers fan. Since my experience with Steelers fans have been so poor, I'm constantly shocked by how unbiased and informative his posts are.

So please, don't say that it didn't help because the Pats lost the game where the taping occurred. Rather, you should look at games vs that same opponent after the taping and see if there was an improvement.
Yeah, whatever, teams knew we were doing it they could change their signals easily enough. Bitterness won't help you on 10/12 when we beat you guys AGAIN.

Yeah, whatever, teams knew we were doing it they could change their signals easily enough. Bitterness won't help you on 10/12 when we beat you guys AGAIN.

Ah... feels good to go back to the smack talk.

Don't be so ****y... you almost lost against a team of second stringers the last time we met.

Don't be so ****y... you almost lost against a team of second stringers the last time we met.

Almost? Your guys couldn't even score a touchdown!
:D

Besides Michael Turner, what second stringers were you talking about? Because, as far as I know, there weren't anymore (with the exception of Sproles who was getting more and more playing time anyway). By the way, it was so nice of you guys to roll up on Brady's ankle. I'm sure our defense will remember that when Rivers comes out to play on his newly reconstructed knee. :mad:

Besides Michael Turner, what second stringers were you talking about?
Gates didn't play.

Brady played his worst game in a long time and it wasn't the SD defense that did it. Maybe SD gets lucky like that again - probably not. We also could have scored more in the 4th quarter had we not run out the clock.

SD needs to worry about how much Tomlinson has left. He's heading into his 8th season which is getting up there for top RB even though he avoids big hits fairly well.

Gates didn't play.

Brady played his worst game in a long time and it wasn't the SD defense that did it. Maybe SD gets lucky like that again - probably not. We also could have scored more in the 4th quarter had we not run out the clock.

SD needs to worry about how much Tomlinson has left. He's heading into his 8th season which is getting up there for top RB even though he avoids big hits fairly well.

And Rivers 1-week from knee surgery might as well be considered a second stringer.

I will agree that Brady wasn't his usual self, but except for the first game of the 2007 season, we've been very competitive with you guys in the recent past. Remember the one we gave you in the 2006 season? The one where the score was 24-21? Yes, we gave that one away.

But the idiots that cost us those games have either matured or have been sent packing. LT and how long he has left is always a concern... but I think we have a good 3-4 years yet. And he no longer has to worry about carrying the entire load himself. Beside Gates, our receiving corp is much much better.

It's going to be a good game regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes