PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NY Times says Mangini's job on the line - might not work again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well heres the deal on Brady, I had great respect for him and still do. The guy is first class, but the whole I hate the Jets comment kinda has to make me hate him by default. I didnt hear the interview so he could have said it tongue and cheek but when someone says that about your team it cant sit well with you.

Hears my rant to all Pats fans. I understand you have to hate Mangini b//c of the spygate issue, the same way I have to hate Belichick b/c he ditched the Jets HC job. However some of you have said that players dislike him, his ego gets the best of him or he is not bright. After having a chance to go to Jets camp today and talk with most of the players I have to disagree with a lot of those things. Mangini is still learning a lot on the fly. However respected vets like Tony Richardson and Kris Jenkins all say the same thing when you ask them about Mangini. They say he has a great football mind, they say he teaches them things they never thought of or knew (Curtis Martin said similar things 2 years ago) and they say they respect him as a man. I understand some of you are getting ready to make a rat comment after the last comment I made but Richardson in particular told me how he loved how he was a straight forward military man like his dad. Pace said he loved just talking about life with Eric. You are entitled to hate him and I wont blame ya but I just hope you can try to be unbias towards him. Im not a Belichick supporter but I will always credit him as maybe the greatest football mind of my lifetime, a 1st ballot HOF and quite possible the greatest coach of all time. END RANT

Wish you could have asked them how they, as players, felt about how Mangini transformed them from the NY Jets to the NY Rats?? I mean that in all seriousness. That single act did more to ruin his image than anything he will ever do again. For him to even think of claiming he did "not know the gun was loaded" is naive at best.

Sorry, K RO - he ruined his reputation when he tried to raid Patriot current coaches and computers on the way out followed up by his ratting out the guy that mentored and made him.

As for Brady, all he did was come to the defense, in the only way he could of the "greatest coach in football BB". By the way, that coach was rudely mislead by Parcells when he spent one day as HC of the NYJ. Selective memory seems to have escaped you as it was Parcells that promised BB total control and then Parcells went back on his word, supported by the new Jet ownership. Who shall we believe here....BB or Parcells?? Just look at the way Parcells left the Giants, Patriots, Jets etc etc and you see a pattern of the guy not letting the door hit him on the way out. He builds them and then burns them just about every time. If the Jets had kept their word to the proven fiercely loyal Belichick, you could have been where we are today.

I cannot wait to read your and Gunnails replies now.

Wish you could have asked them how they, as players, felt about how Mangini transformed them from the NY Jets to the NY Rats?? I mean that in all seriousness. That single act did more to ruin his image than anything he will ever do again. For him to even think of claiming he did "not know the gun was loaded" is naive at best.

Sorry, K RO - he ruined his reputation when he tried to raid Patriot current coaches and computers on the way out followed up by his ratting out the guy that mentored and made him.

As for Brady, all he did was come to the defense, in the only way he could of the "greatest coach in football BB". By the way, that coach was rudely mislead by Parcells when he spent one day as HC of the NYJ. Selective memory seems to have escaped you as it was Parcells that promised BB total control and then Parcells went back on his word, supported by the new Jet ownership. Who shall we believe here....BB or Parcells?? Just look at the way Parcells left the Giants, Patriots, Jets etc etc and you see a pattern of the guy not letting the door hit him on the way out. He builds them and then burns them just about every time. If the Jets had kept their word to the proven fiercely loyal Belichick, you could have been where we are today.

I cannot wait to read your and Gunnails replies now.
fair enough, I disagree but your entitled to feel that way. To Pats fans Mangini's rep may be trash but to a lot of his players they respect the hell out of him, and when I spoke to them you could tell it was a lot more then "he is my coach I have to say something nice". As for the Belichick Jets HC situation, I was still relatively young at the time. I just did research on the situation and your comments seem accurate. He was unsure of the state of the franchise b/c of the death of Hess and Parcells indeed promised him full control. However he still did resign one day after taking the job.

Last edited:
However he still did resign one day after taking the job.

Yeah, you're right.

What he should have done was take the job, make a bunch of grandiose statements he knew to be false, then whine to everyone under the sun when the management wouldn't let him have his way, and finally jump ship after making his personal pissing contest into a major distraction for his team, like Bill Parcells.

Yeah, you're right.

What he should have done was take the job, make a bunch of grandiose statements he knew to be false, then whine to everyone under the sun when the management wouldn't let him have his way, and finally jump ship after making his personal pissing contest into a major distraction for his team, like Bill Parcells.

Sick Burn!!

I don't think he ever really "took" the job. He was more or less told he was the new HC of the NYJ.

Sick Burn!!

I don't think he ever really "took" the job. He was more or less told he was the new HC of the NYJ.

they had a press conference at Jets facilities the day before he resigned, if thats not taking the job im not sure what taking any head coaching job details.

they had a press conference at Jets facilities the day before he resigned, if thats not taking the job im not sure what taking any head coaching job details.

That's why I said "I don't think". Because I really don't remember.

If you say he did, I believe you. No problems here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back