Welcome to PatsFans.com

Belichick - Mangini: let the media hype begin

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Ron Sellers, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Sellers

Ron Sellers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Obviously we all knew the media would be all over the relationship between these two when the schedule was announced. Thought it was interesting to see how it's being played out in the media.

First from Mike Reiss, a somewhat neutral piece: Belichick-Mangini revisited - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Then from a Cleveland paper, a column that omits important factors (e.g., the Jets role in Spygate) while more or less painting a picture of Mangini wanting to work things out but a bitter Belichick holding a grudge: Ohio.com - Relationship between Mangini, former mentor Belichick still in deep freeze

Then there's the angle via the AP that shows up in the New York Post: Belichick vs. Mangini when Patriots play Browns - NYPOST.com
    If there was any doubt in the blurring of the line between reporting a story and slanting it to the point of being an opinion/editorial commentary, the inclusion of the word 'alleged' sealed that fate in that last column.
  2. SuperPatsFan

SuperPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart."

I had to. :cool:
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  3. Ron Sellers

Ron Sellers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Cleveland papers are still trying to work this angle. I suppose there are probably writers still working there now that remember (a) stories becoming more difficult to write with less access after a writer let it be known to Denver that a key player was hurt, and (b) stories being more difficult to write when there was no team in Cleveland, which they somehow convolutedly blame on BB.

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick makes subtle dig at Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini | cleveland.com

4. PlainOldEd

PlainOldEd Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Maybe I'm crazy, but to me this is a non issue. I really don't understand what the fuss is about. I mean, do I want to see Mangina lose because of what he did? Sure I do, but as story lines go this is nothing.
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +936 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

This story is not even a sequel anymore ... it's a game teacher and mentor will be compared to each other now ... no more and no less.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.