PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Note to Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO moderators have EVER used it for ANY general NFL threads that were NOT by trolls.

Some thread titles from a very, very quick perusal of the first page of the Visiting Locker Room:

RB Addai better than critics think

Colts-Bears is second most-watched game ever

AJ Hawk Pictures/News

Could you please place them in the proper forum? That, according to you and your Demulling post, would be the main forum, I believe.

Then it would have been handy to know what the majority opinion was, say with a poll!

Then post a no response poll. I haven't agreed with a lot of your opinions, however even were I a moderator, I would have never dreamed of deleteing your posts.

If Ian wants to post a poll on peoples' opinions, then he will.

However even were I a moderator, I would have never dreamed of deleteing your posts.

Maybe I misunderstand your position, but are seriously saying that a mod needs your permission to delete/move your post?

Some thread titles from a very, very quick perusal of the first page of the Visiting Locker Room:

RB Addai better than critics think

Colts-Bears is second most-watched game ever

AJ Hawk Pictures/News

Could you please place them in the proper forum? That, according to you and your Demulling post, would be the main forum, I believe.
I think that if we want a general NFL discussion forum then start to moderate the visiting locker room forum so that the spamming and flaming gets kept to a minimum and that forum actually serves a purpose rather than being a place for members and trolls to change each others quotes with crude comments.

For example Aqua4Ever's post being quoted and changed to say, "I wanna have gay sex with Tom Brady" or some crap like that. I mean seriously...

Last edited:
Wasn't that you Sey93 that was b*tching about the patsfans baseball fantasy thing??

Yeah that was me. I have a problem with a mod who comes in and acts like he owns the place, moves every single draft thread he can find (even "BB's draft history) just because he hates college football for whatever weird reason, and then the next minute he's creating "Fantasy baseball league" and "Rick Demulling signs for the Colts" threads in the main forum.

I have a problem with a mod

hey I don't care if you "have a problem with a mod." Ian I am sure will tell his decision (which will probably be some sort of a compromise).

Scott 37 and Sey93, I really don't have a opinion about the draft threads. But from what I have read, you guys just don't like pats1. Wasn't that you Sey93 that was b*tching about the patsfans baseball fantasy thing? If you have a problem, and have talked to Ian, then just await his decision and be cool. Why carry it on any further?

I started this post by addressing it to Ian and respectively asked a question. I had no idea at the time that the person moving mosts of the posts was Pats1, although, this soon became clear.

Admittedly I tend to read & not post often as evident by my post count. Having said that I've been a member of this board for about the past 7 years and am not here to start fights.

Please provide a link to contact Ian privately and I will be happy to do so. I am deeply ashamed that a moderator on this board would stoop to deleting a thread simply because they don't like the subject matter. This is a valid discussion and deserves to be treated as such. Moderators should moderate and not legislate. If this is the way things will be done here in the future maybe it's time for me to find a new board to frequent.

You've got to be kidding me.

Last edited:
hey I don't care if you "have a problem with a mod." Ian I am sure will tell his decision (which will probably be some sort of a compromise).

FWIW, I've already discussed this issue with Ian.

Maybe I misunderstand your position, but are seriously saying that a mod needs your permission to delete/move your post?

A moderator should behave with some degree of restaint. I'm not spamming this board and I'm not a troll. We are having a disagreement and to this point it has been civilized. When a moderator who is having a disagreement with a member begins deleting that persons posts things have gone too far.

I started this post by addressing it to Ian and respectively asked a question. I had no idea at the time that the person moving mosts of the posts was Pats1, although, this soon became clear.

Admittedly I tend to read & not post often as evident by my post count. Having said that I've been a member of this board for about the past 7 years and am not here to start fights.

Please provide a link to contact Ian privately and I will be happy to do so. I am deeply ashamed that a moderator on this board would stoop to deleting a thread simply because they don't like the subject matter. This is a valid discussion and deserves to be treated as such. Moderators should moderate and not legislate. If this is the way things will be done here in the future maybe it's time for me to find a new board to frequent.

You've got to be kidding me.

You can PM him.

You claim that the majority has spoken. With the exception of yourself and just a couple of others, it seems to me that the response has been overwhelmingly in favor of allowing draft discussion on the main board. When someone in a position of power imposes his will over everyone else, the majority has not spoken. It is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship. To my knowledge you were not elected to this position, rather it was apointed.

OK, well if I can exercise my right to vote, I vote for things to stay they way they are with a separate draft board.

I think things have become a hundred times better since the board got more organized, and threads started being moved and deleted. I think the moderators are doing a very good job, and I know that it's a thankless position. I hope things remain this way, as I think it has improved the quality of the board.

Now I'm going to go buy a ton of bottled water and sugar. Things are always unstable when you post on a dictator run message board.

The thing about this is that I'm not even that big a draft guy. I don't follow college football very much anymore because I just don't have the time, so it's not as if I'll be posting much on any draft threads, since I really can't offer much insight, the way I could have 5 years ago.

I felt the need to get involved in this discussion because it just doesn't make sense to move the threads combining the Patriots and the draft off the main board when the main board is all but dead without them due to the lack of NFL activity this time of year. I have no problem with the Demulling thread on the main board and I have no problem with the Turner thread on the main board, but they have nothing to do with the Patriots and are less relevant than a draft thread would be.

Demulling was posted on the 30th, at 11:30 pm. It has 4 total responses. By way of comparison, NE Gives Meriweather Second Look was posted on the 29th at 3:27 pm, and has 123 responses. In other words, the second thread is specific to the Patriots working the kid out and has been a fairly hot topic. The first has nothing to do with New England and is a dead topic. Yet, somehow, the 'discretion' was used to move the thread that had actual interest. When 'discretion' gets results like that, there's a problem that needs to be addressed.

OK, well if I can exercise my right to vote, I vote for things to stay they way they are with a separate draft board.

I think things have become a hundred times better since the board got more organized, and threads started being moved and deleted. I think the moderators are doing a very good job, and I know that it's a thankless position. I hope things remain this way, as I think it has improved the quality of the board.

Now I'm going to go buy a ton of bottled water and sugar. Things are always unstable when you post on a dictator run message board.

shut up. :D We don't allow the peasants to vote. :rofl:

Good for you........

Well then smart---, can we not discuss issues regarding the forum on the main forum either? Like pats1 implied there's nothing to talk about in the offseason so why not waste the time discussing the forum on the forum?

Click on your user CP. Go to private messages (PM's). Start a new message and type Ian's name in the "who" area.

You will get better results that way.

The problem Ian faces is he has 3 options.

(1) Move all draft related threads to the draft forum. After all, that is why it is called, the draft forum.

(2) Combine the two forums.

(3) Let everyone say the same things twice in two forums. Very unorganized and there will be lots of repetition.

Well then smart---, can we not discuss issues regarding the forum on the main forum either? Like pats1 implied there's nothing to talk about in the offseason so why not waste the time discussing the forum on the forum?

ahhh, name-calling. Geez. Well if thats what you want to do in the main forum..........

The problem Ian faces is he has 3 options.

(1) Move all draft related threads to the draft forum. After all, that is why it is called, the draft forum.

(2) Combine the two forums.

(3) Let everyone say the same things twice in two forums. Very unorganized and there will be lots of repetition.
That would be what I'd say.

I think we're much better off with a draft forum. As aforementioned we have a place to discuss Brady Quinn's combine numbers and who the Raiders are interested in. However, why can't we post Pats related stuff in the Pats forum? We used to be able to do this. Nobody complained as far as I know. Why did things have to change so suddenly?

And your last paragraph is spot on. I've seen it at other message forums. As soon as an iron fisted mod is empowered, it causes turmoil. It split one forum in half that I frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick