PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Note to Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Leave your agenda at the door.

Still dodging the question. How about you leave your NEM-like personality at the door when you use your moderating powers.

Still dodging the question. How about you leave your NEM-like personality at the door when you use your moderating powers.

I should had taken shmessy's advice (I haven't posted it yet).

Damn, was he right.

Why not just make a no post poll on whether or not draft related threads should be allowed in the general Pats forum. And then decide on what the members think?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I JUST TRIED TO POST A POLL AND IT'S BEEN DELETED ALREADY?!?

Concerning the poll, I felt it was unappropriate to drag a fight into 2 or 3 threads at the same time on the board. I felt that way during the NEM fiasco, and I feel that way with this one as well.

Concerning the poll, I felt it was unappropriate to drag a fight into 2 or 3 threads at the same time on the board. I felt that way during the NEM fiasco, and I feel that way with this one as well.

Precisely.

Did you just delete Scott's poll? Ian is not logged in.

I asked that it get locked and moved. This has been beaten to death here. A poll has no purpose until Ian chimes in on this, if he wants to. He's the one who makes the decission around here.

My thought are to make Patriots related draft threads OK on the main forum. But they have to be specific to the Patriots. I don't know if that will be done or not.

But, there has been too much back and forth on this subject and a poll will not do any good.

Now you're deleting threads without Ian's permission.

Seymour93,

We delete threads without Ian's permission 100% of the time.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I JUST TRIED TO POST A POLL AND IT'S BEEN DELETED ALREADY?!?

yes. It should have been deleted. If you got a problem with a mod, talk to Ian.

I asked that it get locked and moved. This has been beaten to death here. A poll has no purpose until Ian chimes in on this, if he wants to. He's the one who makes the decission around here.

My thought are to make Patriots related draft threads OK on the main forum. But they have to be specific to the Patriots. I don't know if that will be done or not.

But, there has been too much back and forth on this subject and a poll will not do any good.

Exactly........................

At the request of another member I posted a poll question so the members could vote on the issue. I have no idea what the results may have been, however it was 4-0 in favor of leaving draft threads on the main board before it was DELETED. Obviously Pats1 doesn't care what the boards' majority opinion is as only his seems to count anyway.

If he or you have got a problem with a mod, talk to Ian.

Ian knows the problem. He's probably either A) unavaliable at the moment or B) waiting to see what the majority is.

At the request of another member I posted a poll question so the members could vote on the issue. I have no idea what the results may have been, however it was 4-0 in favor of leaving draft threads on the main board before it was DELETED. Obviously Pats1 doesn't care what the boards' majority opinion is as only his seems to count anyway.

We all knew it was going to cause another fight like the one in this thread. There was NO need to spill that into another thread.

Nut - those are my thoughts precisely. IMG did I just agree with a Nut?

We all knew it was going to cause another fight like the one in this thread. There was NO need to spill that into another thread.
My suggestion was that I know that on other types of boards there is an option when making a poll, make it a read only poll. Dont allow any posts. Just vote and exit the thread. Or simply just lock the thread after posting the poll...

Last edited:
Scott 37 and Sey93, I really don't have a opinion about the draft threads. But from what I have read, you guys just don't like pats1. Wasn't that you Sey93 that was b*tching about the patsfans baseball fantasy thing? If you have a problem, and have talked to Ian, then just await his decision and be cool. Why carry it on any further?

Last edited:
The poll might have been a bad idea but I know that on other types of boards there is an option when making a poll, make it a read only poll. Dont allow any posts. Just vote and exit the thread. Or simply just lock the thread after posting the poll...

I don't believe there's a way to do that with the software on this board.

Ian knows the problem. He's probably either A) unavaliable at the moment or B) waiting to see what the majority is.

Then it would have been handy to know what the majority opinion was, say with a poll!

Then post a no response poll. I haven't agreed with a lot of your opinions, however even were I a moderator, I would have never dreamed of deleteing your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents